Adaptations you would love to see

I would love to see another attempt at Dune

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/02/denis-villeneuve-dune-legendary-confirmed-1201776681/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't worry, /ourguy/ is set to make this kino now that bladerunner 2049 is about to release

indiewire.com/2017/02/denis-villeneuve-dune-legendary-confirmed-1201776681/

Heres to hoping the Film is good so we can get another Dune

Literally any fucker can make a better Dune than that heaping pile of shit from Lynch.

DO NOT shit on Lynch

Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.

I kinda like how "literal" Lynch makes things. Would still love him doing general audio design for a Dune adaptation and visuals for the trippy parts of the book.

I think you're wrong.

It was not Lynch's fault that it was shit.
It was Studio Interference.

Agreed. And i think that some parts were pretty good still.

The syfy channel had a version some years back which was very good, that with a bigger budget is all you need.

no

I want Dune 2 the movie.

Let's see Paul Atreides' dubs

this time it's personal

>Lynch hates the film so much that he has tried removing his name from subsequent releases of the film
>Redditors from /tpg/ defend Dune and Lynch
A director is allowed to make a misstep anons.

>Sup Forums is flooded with redditors but only sharp anons like you are capable of spotting them
thank goodness we have you

I TURNED MYSELF INTO WORM DUNCAN!

I'M GOD EMPEROR LETOOOOOOOOOOO!

But Duncan is the Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach

While Lynch was a bad choice to direct Dune, that mistake came from De Laurenttis who hired him. He also is responsible from ruining the final movie after he took the reigns off from Lynch, which prevented him to finish what he started.

I don't know if Dune had been a great movie even with Lynch helming it to the end, but it could have pretty different from what the end result was.

>dune remake
>Starring jun snuh as mua'dib

Herzog

Give to JJ he'll know what to do

the acting was shit. yeah, it was more faithful to the books, but everything about it was cheap and shit.

Haunted by Palahniuk as an HBO series.

Could be interesting, yes.

literally any fucker? really?

Confirmed true by SyFy miniseries, although Children was WAY better.

Fuck.

>anyone who like what I don't like is Reddit
How Reddit of you

Just remember that Dunecat loves you, user.

I dont see why, the book is not even that good, he rushes the end but spends a million pages for nothing.

>I would love to see another attempt at Dune
i would prefer they wait until this diversity above quality period of history is over , or we will just get Idris Elba as Paul

How about that 'Foundation' stuff from that writer Asimov ?

Idris Elba could be Gurney

>What a guy says when he can't figure out how it could be better

At this point, I would prefer they leave Dune alone altogether.

We have the Iconic version (Lynch)
We have the More-Accurate-To-The-Source-Material Version (Sci-Fi)
We have the What-Could-Have-Been version (Jodorowski)

A Dune made in the current year would be aiming to be The-Good-Version and while it might actually achieve that status, it would inevitably also be The-Nolstalgia-Cash-In version.

>I want Dune 2 the movie.

But Dune 2000 and Emperor had kino cutscenes. Is that not enough?

Did it even have a story of it's own? I only remember the mentats for each house, I was so young when I played it and didn't know English at the time.

>tfw you will never play comfy games with dad on amiga ever again

This needs a full blown series, not a movie.

>until this diversity above quality
Do ethnicities of any characters in Dune matter at all? Aside from iconic stuff like Harkonnen hair colour, but it's tens of thousands of years in the future, genes could be changed around by then.

I played a French dubbed version of Emperor: Battle for Dune with my brother as a kid. I know that feel.

He removed his name from a tv release that added removed footage into the film, though.

>Do ethnicities of any characters in Dune matter at all? Aside from iconic stuff like Harkonnen hair colour, but it's tens of thousands of years in the future, genes could be changed around by then.

But the human populations are segregated by planetary feudalism; with a few exceptions at the top rungs of society, or in cases of human trafficking (Been Gesserit, Sardaukar, etc), there isn't much horizontal or vertical mobility. So the ethnicity of Caladan will be different from Geidi Prime, which will be different from Ix, which will be different from Kaitain, which will all be WAY different from Arrakis.

So to answer your question, ethnicity of actors does and doesn't matter. There aren't a great many rules written to describe the racial features of the characters (red hair being one of them), so in that sense, you can play a bit fast and loose with casting. But the family relationships and genetic lines of the characters *are* well established, so in that respect, you have to maintain internal consistency.

Of course. What I was saying is that you could, for instance, make Harkonnens Pacific Islanders if you kept it coherent between actors, since they can have red hair and older dudes can get quite massive which would fit the baron.

I'd actually like a bit of that, not necessarily with the Houses but with the locals. Fremen are really adapted for their environment sort of like Tibetans and it's not a leap that other groups have significantly diverged

the galaxy (or whatever) has seemingly been at peace for about 10,000 years, and the original trilogy takes place 20k years or so in the future