The Strain

Is it worth watching? I heard its about vampire nazis or some stuff like that and it sounds to me a bit to silly. Would give it a try if people here say its good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tJnugY5TQRE
youtube.com/watch?v=8wMSxgHQSDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not good but there's some waifufag who will probably tell you there's some actress who makes it worth watching or whatever. Or an exceedingly gay white supremacist will tell you it's worth watching for the nazi. It's bad tho.

It tries to sell itself as one of those shows with a plot where you have to pay attention to understand the mysteries like Westworld or GoT but it's actually really predictable and cliche. I thought it was going to be a cool version of the Andromeda Strain but it turned out to be a World War Z/Walking dead ripoff

No it's garbage with decent effects, had a little potential at the start but threw it away because the writers were too cowardly to come down on anything with any finality (same reasons shows like Lost and Heroes were shit)

I can remember in the past people talked about it and tried to find this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=tJnugY5TQRE
Its in german but i really liked it (also a germanfag).
That scene looks really neat.
Did you watch the show, what made you think that the show is bad? I need some good arguments to convince myself not to watch it.

It doesn't do that at all what the fuck are you talking about?

It sells itself as a TV show about worms that turn you into a weird vampire zombie thing.

Are the vampire zombies also nazis?

For me, it's on par with Z Nation. Meaning, it's so bad it's good. Sure Z Nation can hit atrocious lows that The Strain will never dip to, but The Strain has dumb logic and corny/ over acting, unintentionally funny action scenes ( and quite possibly the worst child actor ever )

If you're into schlock, you'll most likely enjoy it. Other than that, watch at your own risk

>no finality
>ends in 4 seasons with a definite ending and never has that "unsure about if we're getting another season" feel

Sup Forums doesn't actually watch any of the shows it talks about.

I really liked the first season but from then on it's all downhill, wouldn't recommend

One of them is.
There's like a main evil vampire and his right hand man is a vampire zombie who was also a nazi. He's played by the guy who was the main nazi in Inglorious Basterds. Him and his old man jewish rival are easily the best part.

Poorly acted, poorly written, designed from the ground up specifically for your average single digit IQ binge watcher so is basically just insulting to watch if you're not fucking braindead
If you're like cliches you're in for a treat though, MC is a workaholic divorced father of one in a race against time to save the world with a gang of wacky allies including but not limited to
>sexual tension generating hispanic partner because the CDC is just the microbiological equivalent of a pulpy detective agency
>super hot hacker chick who hacked the net and brought down the grid but is nonchalant about it
>old vampire hunter who is literally just the old dude out of Blade but nowhere near as cool
>Samwise Gamgee
It's absolute bonafide trash user, even if your time is worthless you still don't have time for this

Oh okay that makes more sense. Every time someone talked about the strain i heard something about nazis what made no sense. How can Vampire zombies be nazis. Even if, you could call everything that kills everything that isnt you nazi. Zombies that kill humans (because zombies dont kill their own) would be nazis too then.

Is there source on that scene? Most of the Strain scenes are some shitty music videos with edgy music.

youtube.com/watch?v=8wMSxgHQSDI

But where is the scene with that cigarette?

Well i guess ill put it on the "wont watch" list than. Next to hannibal. I waited so long that i could not remember where i left. After i found out it was so boring that i just couldnt watch it anymore. Hannibal is not worth watching either right?

>main nazi in ingloriious bastards
I think you mean the wrong guy. The actor of The Train Nazi is one of the Nazis that get killed by the Bärenjude. Not the main Nazi played by Christoph Waltz.

he's a great actor though, and I was so happy to see an actual German play a German character in an US show

S1 Master is entertaining and is generally a decent character. The nazi vampire is the best one. I guess the good guy vampire was okay too. Everyone else can't really act for shit but the story as a whole is shit and a waste.

Had the potential to be a 7/10 series but turned out to be a 4/10 stinker that only got worse with each season.

its kind of silly and unbelievable with tons of filler. some of the characters and nazi flashbacks are good because of character development, but it doesn't quite make up for the fact that the final season is complete garbage and alot of screentime is spent chasing a mystical book that ultimately is useless. someone else will probably jump in and say just read the dark horse comic series which is much more concise and sticks closer to the original books

just read the dark horse comic series which is much more concise and sticks closer to the original books

Who remembers the signs in Los Angeles?

It's from later in the later in the episode. She gets hung and he acts like he doesn't care, after almost breaking down crying, because other nazis are watching him.

You could literally skip the agony that was season 2 and not miss anything story wise. The only good parts of season 2 were the nazi Germany's flashbacks for Eichorst

Gus was cool

God damn it i cant find this scene.

Hey guys remember the Lumen? That was worth 3 seasons.

Hannibal fucking rules and I'm glad they had the balls to actually give it a proper ending.

I like the general story, the effects and the "biology" of the vampires.
But they stall way to much and by the end nothing interesting happens. They also rely too much on flashbacks to try and tell a character's backstory.
The perfect example of this is the fucking Lumen, they spent the entire 2nd season trying to get this magical book that's supposed to have all the answers.
Season 3 they spend it trying to decipher that book. And season 4 they pretty much tell us straight up that the damn thing is completely useless.

You are joking right? Thats sounds pretty funny if it were not so time consuming for that conclusion.
Did the Strain actually finish or is it still ongoing?

Is there a supercut of all the nazi stuff / the german vampire ?

Last I remember he was pissed off he got passed over for promotion..

It's finished. The Lumen stuff was indeed as dumb as it sounds. It ends up being a metaphor.

>Did the Strain actually finish or is it still ongoing?
it's finished and it got a kinda satisfying ending, although they for some reason retconned something in the last scenes.

Metaphor for what? That sounds even more stupid.
Well, okay but i guess i still wont watch it. Can you give me a short rundown how they solved the vampire zombie apocalypse?

It had some real potential at one point.

Then it pissed it away.

Nuke applied to the forehead in a tunnel under NYC

>they killed the MASTER with a nuclear bomb which made his minions impotent, docile and dumb like animals which over time got all killed

I was just laughing my ass off in the last episode when Quinlan who had been hunting the master for 2000 years just gets easily btfo
All that build up for that?...cringe

It's a show that went from a 6.5/10 to an unironic 2/10 in the final two seasons. Probably the worst finale I've ever seen, yes even shit like Dexter and SoA don't hold a candle to this ending.

it falls off hard season 2 onwards.

depends on your pain tolerance for shitty kids

>Or an exceedingly gay white supremacist will tell you it's worth watching for the nazi.
>you cannot enjoy an actor with his character without being like the character

Come on now, son.

Remember when Quinlan had been hunting the master for 2000 years and his grand plan was to jump off a kerb while firing uzis at him?

I think that was in episode one of season three, but either way it should've destroyed any notion you had about him being competent.

It's the same in the comic book. But in the comics there's actually a good reason for that.

The lumen reveals that the master and his fellow ancients are all parts of an angel, an unearthly being.
Quinlan is already handicapped by being a half-human so of course he gets his ass handed to him. But of course they forgot about the lumen in the show and Quinlans quick death makes seem funny rather than tragic.

>Hannibal

Seconded. It's well written, well casted, & well shot. There are a few filler episodes where they stretch the formula but it wraps up nicely.

>no space station
>no angels

fucked up the ending

I think everyone involved knew it was irredeemable shit at that point and just wanted to end it

Seems they avoided the religious aspect entirely, probably so there wouldn't be any perceived controversy.

Vampire Nazi, not nazis.

Pilot is worth watching and maybe a part of season 1. Season 2 and 3 are absolutely horrible and season 4 is only interesting because you want to know how it ends, but it's fucking disappointed.

Honestly I would just watch the pilot and read everything else from a wiki or something unless you really want to watch the rest of season 1.

Why did the master run from Quinland for 2000 years when he could just crush him like a coke can any time he wanted

>Oh no thats Quinland, muh Nemesis, he`s the only one i fear cause he can take two of my punches, but not three

the series premiere was pure kino, then it went downhill

>THE LUMEN

Season 2-Its very important we must get it at all cost...
Season 3- Its just a stupid book with no relevant info REEEEEEE

>THE MACGUFFIN

Its a guilty pleasure show, you'll either love it or hate it, the villains are great, the kid actor is easily the most infuriating part of the show

Well in the show Quinlan lost his trusty sword catching the Master in the elevator

It's amazing, the first season is by far the best though.
Seriously just watch the pilot.