youtube.com/watch?v=cdOLa73Tuyc

entered the void storm:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hEs9XSB952Y
youtu.be/cf0l7mOG6_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2nd for lombo

yuff more like yiff haha

Early thread and OP pic has nothing to do with Doctor Who. Congratulations on bring a prick, prick.

WELL FUCK IT VAN DAMME 'EM
CAM WILL BLAM BLAM 'EM
CALL UP HIS (BOY)
I'M DOWN SOUTH TANNIN'

keff mcculloch is underrated

he's /ourguy/

Jodie is a QT 3.14.

That book is many ways exactly what a Time War story should be like. Big Finish could learn a thing or two from it.

So... Rose was the only one the Doctor fall in love with it?

Morrisey is a cletus?

>she will never sit on your face
Each day is a struggle to not reach for the bleach, /who/.

If you like 80s exercise music.

Don't even talk about him you perpetually offended cunt

yes it fucking does. look at the video in the OP. if you were a streamchad you'd know it was doctor who related you whore

Big news in thirty days

>666
DIABLOS

Indeed, user. It also served as a good reminder that we ought to be thankful that the tv show never attempted to show the Time War to any great extent, because with something on such a grand scale, dealing with such abstract concepts... It would never translate well, especially on Doctor Who's budget.

I could be a Tripfag. I'd be a great Tripfag, I'd be "The Great Tripfag"... I could kill myself, and become a Tripfag for /who/...

user, I was born by the Secret Books of Saxon, do the same

ya fookin will, ya pleb

Nah twelve definitely wanted that clala poon.

C'mon, you can do it, you are half of a tripfag now.

DO IT RIGHT

Drop some unpopular who opinions

Stop encouraging this.

What's /who/ with you?

Watching Kinda while doing some uni work. Like the absence of the sonic, still think Five is a bit boring but its early days.

Tegan is still a bitch tho

anywhomst want to watch The Beast Below and Victory of the Daleks in my stream?

(no)

>The Invasion of Time Episode 6
wew, they didn't even TRY to make this good

>those goofy-looking cockney Sontarans
>"it would appear he has used some kind of a sophisticated locking mechanism on the door...... from the other side"
>that same corridor repeated in three consecutive shots
>borusa drinking from a silly straw
>borusa's terrible acting ("yeeess... yeeess... yeeess...")
>the Doctor unnecessarily hypnotising his female time lord friend
>that sontaran skipping over the swimming pool and then comically tripping over the step
>tom baker tripping in that fucking corridor
>leela's profound final line: "where will he go now?" ".......somewhere else"
>the entire conceit of the De-Mat gun (what am I missing here, it's just a gun that kills things)
>THE CORRIDOR
>the awkward banter

it was uncannily like something out of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace... probably the most unintentional hilarity I've come across in classic who so far
Plus, it gave us that amazing gif of Tom Baker's deranged climactic smile

So... how do we fix the Sontarans? jimmy savile not welcome

>STANDING
>ON THE EDGE

t. Hamish

>OF THE CRATER
>LIKE RTD ONCE SAID

I never forget a faggot.

Personally, I can't wait for Jodie to be introduced as
Doctor CUTE

>WHAAA I hate fun

Decal hell

anyone here got a waifu

Who doesn't.

only a husbando, sorry

I want to watch them make out.

She's dead

Make at least one not a retarded manlet.

Have you heard The Sontaran Ordeal? Pretty good depiction of NewWho Sontarans.

stenk

Hi neo, I liked your audios

What will be Chibnall's main focus during his Doctor Who era? By now we know RTD tended to escalate things pretty badly and Moffat was very story-oriented.

>Stop trying to make Stenc happen!

Thank you user, glad you liked them, they were fun to do. I think I'll finish knocking out the other two tomorrow.

I think he might shift the show to more of an ensemble focus. I also think he might possibly pull back on doing much plot at all, but that's less likely. He has a habit of just mapping simple procedural plots as shorthand so he can get to what interests him more, characterisations or whatever idea's on his mind, but I'm unsure if he'll carry that over to Who.

Chib's thing will probably be characters, he's very good at that.

4 MORE YEARS OF CHARACTERKINO

I'll check it out thanks for the rec
Thing is though, my original post wasn't just about nuwho Sontarans.... they've literally been shit since The Time Warrior. Anyone who thinks their classic appearances outside that are any good is kidding themselves. I don't think it's fair for nuwho to get the criticism in this instance.
But I don't know about the expanded universe, I'm sure there's good stuff there. I'll have to check out the audio you recommended : - )

No worries, one of the better Time War audio stories too (not much competition though, gotta say).
Yeah I agree there's not much sense venerating most of their earlier appearances either.
What do you think of Strax?

I hope he will be able to balance good character arcs with compelling storytelling. But I doubt he will be able to produce Heaven Sent / World Enough and Time level of kino as Power of Three is his only decent ep. (not counting P.S.)

I think some of his non Who work is really great, so I think it's possible he'll excel more as a showrunner than a writer. I don't think he'll be another Moffat though, no. I do think it's possible he'll be the last of the "old guard" of showrunners who were massive dorky fans of Classic Who though, eventually we're gonna hit the point where the new showrunners won't have come from that. I don't think it's likely he'll produce the sort of kino that's really steeped in the show's history, like Listen, but I think he might be the last who could, at least Classic Who wise. Who knows?

Prove me wrong though
>The Sontaran Experiment: One Sontaran, total chump, conducting lame experiments and ruining potential invasion like a dumbass

>The Invasion of Time: Literally among the most laughable enemies in a serial up to that point

>The Two Doctors: Not even short, could be replaced with any species

>The Sontaran Stratagem: Boring, dumb catchphrase

They really missed a trick by not having an episode focussing on Strax having to deal with the real threatening ranks of his species, it was the only opportunity they had to present them as enemies in a new and interesting way

Strax is, to me, honestly the most interesting thing they've done with the Sontarans since The Time Warrior desu. Saying that, i 100% understand why people would hate him. But, as I said in my other post, they should definitely have given him an episode with other Sontarans

Do you think Chin balls will keep Gay piss around?

He'd be insane to

I like Strax but more as a character than as a Sontaran, if that makes sense? Like I feel like he's distinct enough from their general use as villains.

I agree an episode actually focusing on him more with other Sontarans could have been super interesting.

No, Gatiss would have been contacted much earlier if he was intended to be kept on, at least for S11. It's possible Chibnall will hire him to do a script in future though, Moff went a few years without bringing back some older writers then recruited a couple for S8.
The writer from Moff's era I see most likely to carry over is Sarah Dollard, if the writers room rumour is true, as she already has a lot of experience in those, and isn't "senior" enough like Whithouse/Gatiss/etc that she wouldn't potentially work in one again.

I really, really hope not. But even though he isn't as close to Gatiss as Moffat is, he'll probably need a writer to quickly fill a slot some day, and on that day he might give him a call.

lads...

India's so pretty, and so is Paul. Them existing in proximity to each other is almost overwhelming, I don't know how anyone at BF managed to survive it.

Sheridan Smith was a knockout too

Lads...

we don't deserve talalay desu

Cyber...

Have a story featuring the Sontarans and the Rutans together. Let’s see what their War is all about and get an explanation for why the Doctor hasn’t interfered in it.

THERE WAS A WAR

A WAR BETWEEN POTATOES AND JELLYFISH

What's /who/ with you?

neo howd you get i am the doctor to play underneath 11s first words in your audio youtu.be/hEs9XSB952Y
i know for a fact that a rocky guitar track plays in TEOT2 when 10 regenerates
making i am the doctor play in your version was funny, i just want to understand how you actually did it because thats definitely 11s actual dialogue

At a guess, ripped the 5.1 audio version and muted the music tracks.

Sitting on the floor trying to work out how to write my ST2.5 entries. I'm really pleased with my idea, I'm just not sure how to make it all fit together.

I extracted the centre channel from surround sound versions of the episodes, usually it's just dialogue and some effects in the centre channel, not any music. That's one of the ways I'm able to play around with a lot of dialogue and recontextualising it and all that in the audios.
If you listen just from 50:10 onward here youtu.be/cf0l7mOG6_0 you can hear just the dialogue from 12's speech in The Pilot with different music under it, but hear I kept SOME but not all of the effects as well (the photo sounds because they fit what I wanted). But if you listen from the very start of that audio you can hear the audio of the same speech verbatim from the actual episode, with all the channels (well downmixed into stereo for YouTube). It's a lot of fun to play around with.

Yup. Plenty of people on YouTube do good jobs at isolating the music in the reverse way.

Can't wait to read it!

Why is she so cute :/

clever prime

Finished my Thunderbolt Gundam and I'm thinking of doing a poem for Shit Trips 2.5 instead of a feature length production.

post rare primes

She was the Optimus to his...

How's the cover going?

post gundam

post rare hurndalls

It's coming together. I can safely say that it's more or less finished and all I'm waiting now is Immigrant to cook his pasta for the submissions.

No topcoat yet.

i still say we should do a poll whether immigrant should even run it, it was a mess last time, he might get burned out by doing so many in quick succession, and ST2.5 wasn't even his idea. if he wins the poll i'll drop it but i don't like how everyone is just assuming he should run everything. he kept delaying the last one again and again, didn't write the most fics for it, messed up the pdf at first, that's not even touching on the whole controversy thing. we could do worse but we could probably do better too. obviously he should write fics either way.

What controversy?

I want to build a model, do you have any recs on tools/paint or practice models so I don't mess it up?
What's the Barbie apple thing?

To keep it /who/ here's my dalek collection

i dont really want to derail the thread by talking about it, can we wait until the thread hits bump limit before i reply properly?

woah thats cool!

That's a really impressive Dalek collection, user!

What did Romana mean by this?

We are the Daleks and this is our song!
We are very naughty and we like to do wrong!

There wasn't actually any controversy, people just made a bunch of hubbub because they like complaining, especially about trips, then paranoid idiots fell for the bait

ty, I haven't seen many I'm missing on ebay in a while so the army hasn't grown in a while.
Someday I'll get the remembrance Davros.

Are there any good torrents of Trust Me out there?

That really isn't correct, there'd been perfectly normal noncontroversial discussions about whether to include all fics earlier and Immigrant had agreed to do so, then when Shit Trips 2 actually dropped he sneakily didn't include a fic even though he'd agreed to include all of them. People brought this up to him and arguments ensued. Eventually he relented and put the fic back in. It's over and not a controversy now, but it's revisionist history to claim it wasn't one at all.
It's also really arrogant to act like people couldn't have their own opinions and had to just be trolling or hating trips for the sake of it.

>nb4 anti-fun poster

Look lads, I'm gonna be honest here - we need to kick Shit Trips in the head for a while. One of the things that interested me was that we had a run last year with ST1, a year gap, and then ST2 a few weeks ago. We're already talking about ST2.5 and it's not even been a long time yet since the last one. I know people are saying that GI's not even submitting / taking in submissions until November/December, but I just feel that this should be spaced out a bit more.

I want to have fun, but if we do ST every few months it'll take the fun out of it.

Signed,

A Concerned and friendly user

>A Concerned and friendly user
So, FNA?

I agree. It is still ST2 season. The bookclub is still going. Neo has been adapting his fics into audios. /who/ collectively hasn't even finished reading ST2, some stories haven't even been reviewed by anyone, and people are barrelling into ST2.5. It makes it seem like people only care about writing their own stuff, not reading other people's.

I think ST2.5 is a good idea but there is no need to be talking about it yet, especially since the sub hasn't even finished the season of ST2 yet. After the Christmas special we can reassesses.