Is she right?

Is she right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nW2gpKFT8_k
youtube.com/watch?v=_4ezPvzKe5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Explain to me how a brass instrument is racist and il tell you mate.

>about slavery

how

do people just make things up to sound angry now a days?

>dumbwad

jesus christ keep it pg

Sorry I'll censor those things from now on I wasn't thinking.

which lyrics of the anthem are referring to slavery, exactly?

Well, the third verse of the poem from which it is drawn contains a single use of the word "slave" in reference to a portion of the British navy, which I guess was using slaves at the time, considering the War of 1812 was fought partially due to British forcing captured U.S. Sailors and others into service on their ships, so obviously the singular subject of entire thing is about black slaves in gerogia.

O SAY CAN YOU SEE

>following a coal burner on twatter

BY THE PLANTATIONS EARLY LIGHT

>do people just make things up to sound angry now a days?
YES

BY THE DAWNS EARLY LIGHT

Wrong. It mentioned slavery, but it's tangential to the topic of the poem.
t. second major was literature

The fascist part they removed.

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

The third stanza of the poem, which isn't considered part of the anthem, has the word "slave" in it.

It's like saying the current German national anthem is the same one from Nazi Germany, because they're from the same poem, just different verses.

She appears to be the standard idiot nvm.

Don't niggers know the national anthem is different from Key's poem? The national anthem doesn't incorporate every stanza.

What's fascist about it?

Wtf I hate freedom now

Why can't the flag be about the ending of slavery?

"The Star-Spangled Banner" is the national anthem of the United States of America. The lyrics come from "Defence of Fort M'Henry",[2] a poem written on September 14, 1814 by the 35-year-old lawyer and amateur poet Francis Scott Key after witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry by British ships of the Royal Navy in Baltimore Harbor during the Battle of Fort McHenry in the War of 1812. Key was inspired by the large American flag, the Star-Spangled Banner, flying triumphantly above the fort during the American victory.

>Muh slavery

that bit about being a nation is pretty fascist don't you know

Yes

>he spent money and proudly promotes the fact he wasted his time majoring in literature

What's your job

wtf I hate America now!

There's a portion of the anthem that refers to some American slaves that joined the British army to try to win their independence. Key says something about how he hopes they all die.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

It's not really about *slavery* so much as it is about *slaves*, but I can see why an idiot might confuse the two subjects.

While the lines sound bad in a post slavery America, I don't see why we should erase it. I'm proud that my country has moved past the institution of slavery, when so many other countries that liberals constantly forget about have not.

Its a ballad written about a battle in the war of 1812 that Francis Scott Key was watching. Literally nothing else.

if we change the national anthem we basically become more cucked than canada

this cant happen

>She

Probably not

>Jason
>she

Steel your heart, it won't be so for much longer.

Look at her profile you nerds.

I was saying she's probably wrong because she's a woman, nerd.

Oh okay I didn't get that.
Nerd

It's about the battle of Baltimore during the war of 1812.

Literally nothing to do with slavery whatsoever.

I don't recall the American anthem ever mentioning cotton-picking niggers, but I'm no history buff.

Libs and niggs just blatantly assume that anything originating from before the current year is racist I guess.

So white people are underrepresented, black people overrepresented by nearly 100%(13% of the population get 25% of welfare).

It's fucking hilarious to see the Soros brainwashing cause literally EVERYTHING to be racist to the niggers. What should we make racist next, Soap?

How is it EVEN REMOTELY about slavery?

Jews aren't supposed to say these things.

>the anthem is about slavery

I can't keep up with the memes.

You think soap isn't racist?
Have you EVER seen a BLACK bar of soap???!!!

Because usually the mouthpieces are too little for their lips

It isn't about Slavery. The line this imbecile is likely referring to is "And no refuge will save the hireling or the slave, from the terror of flight or the doom of the grave"

But this was not referring to literal slaves as in plantation slaves, but to mercenaries (hirelings) like the German Legion, and conscripted troops, who were believed to be little more than slaves by the Founding Fathers and other American intellectuals at the time.

The idea at the time was that the only legitimate form of soldiery was voluntary citizen-soldiery in times of war. Mercenaries from foreign countries, "standing" armies of professional soldiers, and conscripts were all seen as illegitimate tools of tyrannical governments.

Israelis aren't Jews. Not like we have in the west.
You can read tons of articles/blogs on Western kikes going to Israel and getting triggered by what they see. A functioning nation-state.

>In May 2016, Liberal MP Mauril Bélanger introduced a private member's Bill C-210 to change two words in "O Canada".[20] These proposed changes are said to make the anthem more gender-neutral by changing the words "thy sons" to "of us". In June 2016, the bill passed its third reading with a vote of 225 to 74 in the House of Commons.[21]
Only equally cucked.

Nope.

Soap is white, so niggas feel oppressed washing the shame off themselves in the shower once a week.

It's clearly about resisting the disciples of Moloch.

What did she mean by this

Only one that had some really rare form of mold all over it.

>mfw realizing blacks have been manipulative lying little assholes all along to get their way. And all the victimhood stuff is similarly bullshit along the same strategy that they use on purpose to get special treatment including muh racism to excuse themselves of bad behavior.

They just want to be majority population that's their problem, which was why they should've been repatriated back to africa in the first place so they could have their own clay where their own people are majority.

But they want to try to do both things in the US, both be a black majority in the US (eventhough only 380.000k of them were ever shipped on slaveships to the US) consider how many there are now. And have black only stuff, aswell as have whitey finance their shit. And since they can't do that they turn into an oppressive minority that try to bully the majority into giving them whatever they want, with cheap deceptive tactics and guilt tripping such as "muh slavery" "muh racism whenever i don't get what i want" "muh i should get the job even if i suck at it" and "muh i shouldn't be required to study that hard in school cuz that's racism".

Their ultimate desired position would be something like a minority of whites and a majority of blacks feeding off of them. Because no way they want to go back to africa to an all black society, the standard of living and the pampering they recieve from whites via manipulation and guilt tripping.

Here's an example: youtube.com/watch?v=nW2gpKFT8_k
>Black professor - it should not be illegal for blacks to steal from shops.

Ofcourse its all fun and games till someone steals from THEM.

>oh muh injustices of society oh black man can't catch a break in this cruel world oh remember muh slavery oh muh racism oh holding the black man down oh woe is me please write me a check so i can stop the crocodile tears buuhuuu uhuuuuuuuu.

its not working anymore

>ahh shiiieeet

Idk man i'm starting to think israeli nationalists are based. I just hate the globalist jew

explain to me how a fort getting attacked is racist

To say that blacks have a higher innate desire to commit crime is fact not bigotry. You can see it in crime statistics, and as here demonstrated they know this amongst themselves, asking for theft to be legal so they don't go to jail when they do it.

But ofcourse if you bring it up in the media they collectively use the racism defense so others don't catch on. And blacks who admit it and wants to stop it are called snitches and uncle tom and sellout etc. By telling the truth. Because blacks are Extremely racist, whilst pretending not to be either. Really an eye opener out of many lately that really puts the pieces together. Blacks are frauds they know very well their behavior is bad and that they are responsible for it and make a concious decision to do it. they just like it and dont want to go to jail for it.

>muh evil white man opressing us cause he won't legalize shoplifting in wallmart.

Why is "per capita" so hard to understand

It was Fort Dindunuffin

ITT: retards incapable of a simple google search...

>And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
>That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
>A home and a country, should leave us no more?
>Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
>No refuge could save the hireling and slave
>From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
>And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
>O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Yes. That African Black Soap. They sell it everywhere. Google.

>national anthem is about slavery
niggers..

It reminds me of this clip from youtube.com/watch?v=_4ezPvzKe5M

>GOD DAMNIT WALTER.. Everything is a travesty with you man..
>What was that stuff about vietnam? WHAT THE FUCK does ANY OF THIS have to do with vietnam?

Besides..

Slavery wasn't about racism. It has always existed in Europe, since before the Roman Empire, and throughout the Middle ages. White People were enslaved by other white people, and in Africa at the same time, Black people enslaved other blacks.

Then, when Europe colonised America, the Europeans sent their slaves to the colonies to help mine and grow crops. They ran out of their own slaves very quickly, and therefore bought slaves from the black slave owners in Africa in order to meet the demand for goods around the world. This isn't racism, this is just the same slavery that has existed since the beginning of human civilisation.

Europeans in weren't the only people to buy slaves from America; the Ottoman Empire bought vast numbers of slaves from Ethiopia and Eastern Africa, and sent them to work in the Middle East. The only reason there isn't an anti-slavery sentiment against Turkey and the Middle East in the west today is because the Ottomans castrated most of their slaves, which means the descendants of slaves are not around to bitch about their falsified version of history today.

Check'd and kek'd

>frog legs

The fuck is this bitch talking about?

No God damn clue.
She may be a memer

>I don't have an argument so here's a non sequitur for you.

I'm assuming this.

The union fought to END slavery you ungrateful little fucks.

das racist anthem dawg. we need kanye to rap over it yo

There are people who are actually victims of circumstance beyond their control that get in difficulty that deserve sympathy and support and then there are those who have every opportunity and are in control of their situation, yet blame everyone else when they fuck up and pretend this is not the case. Blacks are in that category. They are not victims and no amount of guilt tripping will help them make better decisions only themselves. They are not slaves they are pampered self entitled spoiled brats who tell themselves they are living in the past. Even when they have lower requirements than everyone else they fuck it up for themselves and refuse to take personal responsibility for themselves. This manifests in them attributing bad decisions and bad outcomes or simply not getting their way to racism. You can barely have a conversation with a black without him/her at one point bringing up racism to try not to lose the argument. And people are getting fed up by these big babies.

Quite frankly black americans lucked out that their ancestors were shipped to the us. They were luckier than many european slaves and if the muslims had bought or enslaved. They would not be talking because they would not exist (sterilization). Muslims are the biggest slavers in modern history if vlacks and get zero flack for it from blacks.

Being shipped to the us as farm equipment and unintentionally become full citizens of one of the most free and prosperous nations created by europeans in modern time is like nigger paradise. And then they do nothing but complain about it. They have all this opportunity and without outside causality simply fail to use it and guilt trip people over it. Do they really expect sympathy at this point?

if this utter retard actually read the lyrics of our national anthem he would know it is about the defense of fort McHenry during the war of 1812, the anthem was written by a American prisoner aboard a British prison ship during the siege and bombardment.

It's a girl.

After Manifest Destiny, people who pledge themselves to a flag are nothing but robots for the state. People who pledge to their community and their family are far better humans. The only good thing about a pledgesayer is their willingness to let government control and fuck them.

Star Spangled Banner? The song literally about a flag waving through a battle we fought? I knew niggers were dumb, but this bitch is trippin

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

>No refuge could save the hireling and slave

Pretty sure the only portion ever sung is the first stanza (is that the right word?) Nowhere in it does it mention slavery.

O! say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

SO
FUCKING
STUPID

Can someone please post on her twitter why this dumb whore is wrong?

Fine, I'll just sing the Wilhelmus about the war for independence, or the Marsaillaise which is about slaughtering anyone who stands against France, or the Deutschlandlied which is about conquering the wo-... happy little accidents.

It's like anthems have a history worth remembering.

I had a scholarship. Free tuition.
I analyze traffic flow for the state DOT

People like you are the rot inside the united states, veneration for flag and for anthems shows that you care so much about your country that even flags are venerated, they also represent your nation..

I know the commies are busy brainwashing you towards being anti nationalistic, but i didn't realize it had reached such a level. that retards actually are wanting to sit and discuss weither or not to sing and stand up and honor the national anthem..

People who don't do that should be fucking deported, i'm not even kidding, they're just transcient clowns that ultimately don't care about their nation but will move out or similar if things get even slightly problematic.. thus being basically illoyal..

This is why it's not simply enough to pledge yourself to your local community, but to the entire nation itself, it's a good and a healthy thing for social cohesion, it's sad that you have been convinced otherwise.

no. interesting fact the Civil War wasn't even about slavery until it looked like the north was going to lose after the first year and then it became all about slavery so Lincoln could get plebs motivated.

the national anthem is about a battle with the brits in 1812.

Do these retards even know there were plenty of white slaves in the US and that slavery was a general thing throughout the entire world long before blacks were enslaved?

Blacks btw. enslaved eachother. It wasn't the europeans that enslaved them, they simply bought them from the african tribes who had enslaved other africans.

Slavery wasn't about racism. It has always existed in Europe, since before the Roman Empire, and throughout the Middle ages. White People were enslaved by other white people, and in Africa at the same time, Black people enslaved other blacks.

Then, when Europe colonised America, the Europeans sent their slaves to the colonies to help mine and grow crops. They ran out of their own slaves very quickly, and therefore bought slaves from the black slave owners in Africa in order to meet the demand for goods around the world. This isn't racism, this is just the same slavery that has existed since the beginning of human civilisation.

Europeans in weren't the only people to buy slaves from America; the Ottoman Empire bought vast numbers of slaves from Ethiopia and Eastern Africa, and sent them to work in the Middle East. The only reason there isn't an anti-slavery sentiment against Turkey and the Middle East in the west today is because the Ottomans castrated most of their slaves, which means the descendants of slaves are not around to bitch about their falsified version of history today.

So it literally has nothing to do with blacks but just talking in general about fighting away people who threaten the US regardless if they are soldiers or slaves or bondsmen they would flee or die.

But ofcourse blacks think everything about slavery has to do with 380.000 black slaves that came to the US, it's fucking hysterical.