A friendly reminder

A friendly reminder.

Yeah, it started going downhill once I got focused on all the edgy "Walt is actually a villain guise xDdd" stuff

Dexter.
Angel.
Dollhouse.
Firefly.

That's what happens when you write a season premiere starting with a flashforward to Walt having a fucking M60 in his car without the writers having any clue how they're gonna make the connection later on

I loved it tbqhwy

what are you doing?

ozymandius is the best episode of a television series in the history of television.

show went to shit the moment he quit being a teacher. prove me wrong.

I knew it was going to be shit when the first episode, right after the season 4 final made it clear that Jesse and Walt had gone through to much to ever go back to the way things were, had gone back to the way things were with wacky walt and jesse shenanigans, this time with magnets.

From what I understand AMC veto'd a lot of the story ideas that Gilligan wanted to introduce into the show. Dark ones.

Both Jesse and Walt Jnr wore out their welcome and their deaths would have fleshed out Walt's descent into the criminal trade much better than being purely motivated by money or the love of it.

Hank's death was pretty unnecessary as the dynamic of the show was always a cat and mouse game between him and walt.

you mean it got released on netflix after season 4 so it went from the underground obscure kino its ok to like on Sup Forums to the reddit mainstream normie pleb garbage you cant like

>Both Jesse and Walt Jnr wore out their welcome and their deaths would have fleshed out Walt's descent into the criminal trade much better than being purely motivated by money or the love of it.
these are the only things that would have improved the show

>ozymandius is the best episode of a television series in the history of television.

>show went to shit the moment he quit being a teacher. prove me wrong.

season 1 was so boring i have no desire to watch the rest

>season 1 was so boring i have no desire to watch the rest

> Director: Rian Johnson
was there even a question?

> he also directed the fucking fly episode

skyler could have filed the divorce papers and been written out long before s5

dexter had the worst final season/ending of any show i have ever seen.

refuted

they really didn't know what to do with jesse for a large chunk of the show, a whole season of him crying and riding go carts..

I mostly liked the final season. My only real complaint is that the neo-Nazi bad guys seemed like an asspull because they'd written themselves into a corner where they couldn't come up with a proper villain worse than Walt. And the finale was underwhelming because I was expecting him to go out in a massive explosion, for some reason.

Lydia a cute, though. Skyler was out of line being such a bitch to her.

yea, they really threw how "evil" they were in your face too like how when the skinhead boys take over the remote underground bus meth lab and afterwards they are in a littler diner with jack, tod and slick hair and they all just stare at the waitress for the majority of the scene like a piece of meat and then afterwards they go into the bathroom and talk about beating up kids wearing proper cycling protection and jack cleans blood he only now just noticed for the first time but also didn't care about from his boot and the only reason he cleaned the blood off is because of how bad ass his boots are.

Still loved the season, didn't like it so much the first watch around but watching through again, it may be my favourite. I'm convinced that tod was purposefully portrayed as a real sociopathic barnacle, his constant need to please everyone around him, as soon as he starts working with someone new that he likes he tries to protect them from jack and switches his ringtone to fit them and tonnes of other little minor things, hes always trying to go that extra inch to try please someone even when walt just gunned down the entire white power faction with the remote turret it seemed like tod was about to try start pleasing walt again as he starts to realize what has happened as hes looking at the flaming car boot turret he says with surprise and awe "Jesus. Mr white..." as hes crawling over his bleeding out Uncle. There is plenty of other things that point to this too, like the speed at which he decided to kill the kid, his child like attitude, a lot which probably can be explained from growing up with literal nazis.

and in the diner scene it was like the camera kept zooming in and out on their swastika tattoos that they are brazenly wearing out in a public american classico american 60's diner

All they needed to include was a few scenes of him training himself to use the m60 out in the desert somewhere, and then write a completely different situation where the gun wasn't used in such an absurd manner. Ozymandias is still the greatest television episode of all time though.

You forgot Lost, How I Met Your Mother and the Battlestar Galactica remake.

And yet they end up going tgeu wacky walt and jesse shenanigans with le giant magnet episode

Todd was the one I liked most because he's a more inspired character than the rest of Jack's gang, and because his charming and servile sociopathy was an interesting contrast against Tuco's balls-out presentation of the same. Seemed like they had fun writing Todd.

It wasn't a mindblowing finale, but i thought it closed things out very well.

Series usually have shit finales, so BB did very well in not falling apart in the end.

I agree; the show should've ended with Season 4 and Gus getting BTFO, leaving the rest up in the air.

After Hal took out Fring and his entire operation, everything afterwards had this "uh.. so what do we do now?" sort of feeling to it. The main overarching struggle of the series was over at that point. It just felt forced afterwards.

It wasn't bad. It was still quite good. It just didn't have the same drive behind it like up through season 4.

>How I Met Your Mother
I can't believe anyone writing that show didn't think that was a terrible idea.

The only thing I could think was that they filmed the stuff with the kids well in advance and they had to stick to their guns.

Yeah, that stuff seemed to so forced. Like a less-extreme version of what D&D did with Stannis.
>oh fugg why do people like walt??? Time to make him do retarded evil stuff to force people to see him as a bad guy

Kek these keep getting more ridiculous

:blocks your path:

nah they were both great. I'm glad you have fun reposting this though

>show went to shit the moment he quit being a teacher. prove me wrong.
Correct

This. The penultimate episode was the big pay off. The finale was just the wrap up.

I literally stopped watching the first time he came home and his wife started bitching out

>tfw watched the first season but stopped after the season 2 premiere because it seemed like it was going off the rails
I probably wouldn't have liked it no matter what anyway, i don't ever watch tv and was pressured into it.

You fast forward through those scenes obviously

upboated

Still mad about it