There is an idea of a Jim Carrey, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory...

There is an idea of a Jim Carrey, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LYOtZvwNCsc?t=9m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=BhMIz_iJtzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VHG7mHKwQqA&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=Iwn6qwOrxZ_ylFW9-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

On some ego death shit. Let him be, he's not hurting anybody.

youtu.be/LYOtZvwNCsc?t=9m10s

reality doesn't exist until it is observed
we live in a virtual world, and unless you can observe something directly it only exists in a state of fluctuating probablity
you may be able to observe jim carrey on the outside, but you'll never know his inner thoughts, so his statement that he's an abstraction is a fact, his mind is illusory, it can't be known.

youtube.com/watch?v=BhMIz_iJtzQ

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

your mom has

he's been briefed that we are in a simulation, and cant keep it to himself

>you introduced me to cocaine, prostitutes and disease

wow, what the fuck its the deal with 90's comedy

He has to convince himself nothing is real to deal with the girlfriend shit

Sure, but also nothing we're experiencing is technically real.

I'm a solipsist myself, but Jim Carrey is obviously having a mental breakdown

Yeah but it literally doesn't matter, nothing we're experiencing exists. Everything you think of as real is actually just a representation of something real.

Whatever happened to

>I think therefore I am

well how do you define real, where do you draw the line of what exists and not? not trying to challenge you, legitimately curious what you think

It's basic Buddhist concepts that are freaking out the normies for some reason.

He definately hurt his ex though

>tfw your thoughts and sense of self are just another layer/facet of the simulation

I understand reality as I know it is manifested by my deepest subconscious beliefs and thus Jim Carrey is a facet of those beliefs and I experience the idea of him because he is relevant to those beliefs to some degree.

So exploring Jim Carrey' std's enriches the understanding I have of my own consciousness. It may not enlighten me much, but it's a worthwhile alternative to masturbating.

it was a different time.

I don't think most people actually understand the implications or philosophical significance of the statement, because of how often repeated it is.

you still exist though don't you?

no one is saying " I think therefore I am a distinct, single human being with a brain composed of neurons"

but saying "I do not exist" when you clearly are experiencing thought is moronic. at hte very least that which undergoes the thought experience is you.

Jim Carry is such a retard. anyone should be able to understand this.

lol

Pure ideology

>lack of faith
I dunno Jim, that seems like a pretty strong convinction to me

>goes to a fashion show
>lol this is so pointless, this is the most pointless thing I could think of so I came here to tell you how pointless all this is
>But Jim what about the artists and designers who put their energy and livelihoods into making what is, even if you dislike it, still artwork? Does their contribution to the greater culture of 21st century society not count because they're getting paid? How is that any different from your acting career that has made you rich and famous enough to even be here? And what about the hundreds of other little jobs provided by an event like this, the organisation and logistics and electronics and catering and so on, don't those people also deserve work and compensation for that work?
>...nah whatever lol you need to wake up this is so pointless, go spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on paint and massive canvases or I wont respect you this is so pointless
Jim Carey is a genuinely deplorable scumbag and I hope he dies soon

It leads to the village of Oświęcim, Poland?

seems like a very narcissistic philosophy

who r u quoting

how can he hurt someone if he is "no one"
no one hurt his ex

How Can Your Ex Be Dead If You're Not Alive

Actually, it's a good philosophy to live life by regardless of whether it's true or not and it doesn't come with a catch. If something you don't prefer happens, you say it was you who manifested it and made it relevant in your reality bubble and by doing that you can take responsibility and change it more easily. It also increases your optimism and drive and allows you to achieve your goals more. If everything is you then everything is also up to you, but that doesn't mean you treat others shit cause they're also you. And the study of science becomes the study of your own consciousness and the manifestations of its very deepest beliefs. Objectivity still remains objectivity effectively, only that you're not observing something outside of yourself now, but something that your own consciousness is creating but is still very real as an experience.

But if I'm real how can only you be real?

Exactly

>lmao words and emotions are all invented so no feelings are real

it helps no one to be reductive

What's the moral of this thread?

dubs

dude just be yourself

DUDE

>he never recovered from having an autismo spaz babby with that coked out poomba

does he remind you of your dad Op??

Everything we experience is real beca use it is shared amongst everyone in tge world tgats why its called our reality.

However nothing we understand is true. Hope that clairified

someone's clearly been rinsing the DMT
a standout quote from him which made a lot of sense to me, "I used to feel like I was a man experiencing the universe, now I'm the universe experiencing a man"

No, you can be yourself because yourself doesn't exist.
Yeah but it's not made of anything other than information. The entire reality we exist in is a representation of reality. I know this sounds ridiculous, and it took me a long time to understand it, but the evidence of observation and study is revealing that the world I've been experiencing is basically a hologram. Everything that exists is just information. You think you feel things because you receive information and interpret it as a feeling. You think you're touching things but it's just information telling you that you're touching things. None of this is actually happening, it's just data. It's a really huge complex set of data.

Heads up faggots
youtube.com/watch?v=VHG7mHKwQqA&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=Iwn6qwOrxZ_ylFW9-6

What he is saying kind of goes with aspect of Buddhism
The fact we live in a world that is mostly made up of illusion constructed by our brain for the purpose of natural selection
Might sound crazy but it is true

>> Why Buddhism is true: the science and philosophy behind Buddhism

Great book that everyone should read

You are misrepresenting the Buddhist concept.
It doesn't literally mean there is nothing, quite the opposite. In Buddhism Nothingness equals unlimited potential.
Nothingness in itself is non-existent. There can never be nothing.

When it comes to the human self and the ego, the Buddha realized that the self is empty, the ego is a facade. You are NO-thing. You are an manifestation of the unlimited potential.

Jim Carrey running around trying to explain to people that he is not there and nothing is slightly confusing, he should have told them he is nothing AND everything.

What are the implications?

Solipsism

lmfao this gunna be good

Reality requires confirmation of your fellow human baings. The more confirmation the more likelyhood something is real.

Truth however requires an omnipotent perspective. You would need a 4th dimensional being (more preferably God) to look down at our 3D universe to tell us the truth behind everything we percieve. Without infinite perpective we can never now 100% truth

As someone who sees people's brains activate through neural imaging as they think about certain things or are afflicted with one mental disease or another on a semi daily basis, that's a load of shit
Newsflash Jim, you're real, and your fucked up real brain really led to the death of your formerly real former girlfriend

brainlet here. what does this word mean?

Go back to r/philosophy

All these NOTHING IS REAL faggots itt

I bet most of you are fat neckbeard virgins that have never seen a hard day's of work in your life. Nor have you experienced the REAL joys of Love & Pain because your micro penis is tucked underneath your disgusting fupa. I bet none of you had Fathers and were just social rejects and destined-abortions that somehow managed to fertilize because a Real MAN would tell you about the REAL struggles and hardships of life, the REAL smiles and tears that we shed through this beautifully painful cycle of existence. Literally KYS and do us all REAL folks a favor, take the edge to your non-real grave, fucking retards.

We are real. Reality simply requires confirmation of your fellow human baings. The more confirmation the more likelyhood something is real.

Truth however requires an omnipotent perspective. You would need a 4th dimensional being (more preferably God) to look down at our 3D universe to tell us the truth behind everything we percieve. Without infinite perpective we can never now 100% truth

I've read this thread and now I have an existential crisis.

You don't need to be mad about it, you clearly don't understand what is being said. I'm not saying you didn't experience these things, I'm saying that the underlying reality you take for granted as "real" is actually just an approximation of what actual reality is. That doesn't change what happened in your experience of this or take away any meaning from it. It's just looking at it the way that it is instead of thinking of it as something that it isn't.