Her confrontation with rick was mind numbing, pseudo intellectual fluff...

her confrontation with rick was mind numbing, pseudo intellectual fluff. why do people think this is the smartest show on television? The entire monologue was pointless verbal diarrhea.

Well it sounds smart to dumb people

I feel like the redditors who enjoyed this episode just started blankly at the screen until she was done talking and then promptly patted themselves on the back for understanding such a deep intellectual subject on a deep intellectual show.

>The entire monologue was pointless verbal diarrhea.
The entire show has diarrhea of the mouth faucet

while thats not untrue, the show can be funny when it tries to set up a good joke.
usually it falls flat though.
"heh heh xD ricks a pickle thats so random!!!"

I'm American but live overseas now and what i've noticed is that Americans do not have enough free time to think.
To ponder anything beyond the sleepy feeling they get when they eat too much is beyond their ability.

Couldnt we have just one episode where an alternate dimension rick is fucking Beth and Summer

>everything she said was right
>she

MY SHOW IS RUINED

I know that the meme about burgerland is that its filled with idiots, but that cant really be true?
can it?

its the matrix architec for the new generation

large parts of the US have a 25% illiteracy rate.

oh holy shit
thats depressing

Look man when I went back to the US on holiday everyone thought I quit my job or went on a sabbatical because they couldn't fathom that I got 4 weeks paid vacation.
Life in America is very hard for most of the country.
They are poor and too busy working two shitty jobs to even think beyond that.
Ever wonder why there is a meth problem?
Its not to get high, its to work 18hours a day without falling asleep

include me in the screencap

you're not really defending their intelligence

Clearly you're not intelligent enough to understand this nihilistic masterpiece.

ha ha ebin bants man
ebin memes

One of the times Dan Harmon got his way this season. At the very least, I really.loved this season as well as the previous ones, but the show is dependant on Roiland, and works its best when his influence is the greatest. Dan is talented, but the scenes like Rick trying to kill himself over a fucking relationship (cough cough Harmons wife) and the psuedo intellectual shitshow with the Therapist are what happen when Harmon isn't under control.

Gee you're a bit tetchy arnt you? Can you name a show you like that has more intelligent themes and engaging dialog?

>when a brainlet is mad at not being able to understand the most intelligent show of all time

dont believe everything you hear on this cantonese basket weaving forum

What, like cities filled with blacks? Only civilized parts of the country, please

I am convinced after watching other Harmon projects that he is a Jud Apatow baby with no talent.
Made his wife Cuck him
Gets off on being a loser
The type of people pleaser that makes people sick

show would have been better off more lighthearted about their adventures, not this kind of meta relationship crap, just look at bojack

because despite all your apt criticism, it IS the smartest show on TV. There's a lot to tease apart and think about after the show.for normies

America is good in brain draining the smartest people around the world which gives them a competitive edge but their normies live in a idiocracy.

how about breaking bad
I dont really know whos the talent behind what makes rick and morty work. all I know is that its a pretentious shit show, worshiped by idiots that dont understand it.

>smartest show

I remember in elementary school the black kids taking their turn to read aloud was always painful to sit through.
Though I do remember a Teacher finding a copy of Pimp: The Story of My Life by Iceberg Slim in the desk of a typical naughty black kid's after he was expelled

explain it then.
this is why I stick to movies

You'd never say that if it had been a male character.

>m-muh vagina

How can you prove that either way?
When you deflect all criticism when the subject is female it makes you look weaker not stronger.
You think guys don't rip other guys to shreds when they are lame?

like the state of Alabama

I know you guys like calling this show reddit, and I despise that site, but the average taste here is just as bad
PS Stop making threads about this shit show already

/film/ when?

This crap should really stay on Sup Forums really. It's an entire board already dedicated to cartoons.

Most males are homosexual, so yes.

how are our tastes just as bad as the average le redditors?
its fun to hate on things that suck

/film/ soon I hope

It already happened and you missed it. Look it up.

You guys don't hate on things that suck though, you hate on things that you think certain people like. You're very dumb about it too. It's like you're more concerned with appearance than substance.

Looks like we need to sit down and have THAT talk, Sup Forums...

Rick and Morty is a truly avant garde adult-cartoon that respects the viewers intellect and does not resort to easy fart humor or 'poo poo randumbbb xd' jokes like Family Guy or The Simpsons have used as a crutch so many times. Every episode of every season is so consistently good and progressively more and more awesome it is scary to think about. I would think that Sup Forums, or at least the old Sup Forums, would be much more receptive to a truly quality and daring piece of artistic television but I suppose I can blame it on the numbskulls that just hopped off the Reddit boat and landed in our quaint little port.

So that begs the question: Are you doing it to be contrarian because it is popular? Because the joke bombed and was never funny, I'm sorry to say. At the very least try to be creative in your shitposting because we've read all the lines a thousand times.

If you come to our threads and try to start shit, just know we will not meme with you, we will not break our proverbial bread of bants with you; we will not engage you in any fashion. On the contrary, we will treat you as a foreign threat, an invader, and we will punish you for invading our space so just stick to your containment threads and let us discuss and enjoy the show in peace.
To all naysayers or mongoloids who got swept up in the memeing: I implore you to watch an episode of the show, just one (1!), and make your mind up then.
Not for you? No problem, that's fine, try again in a few weeks!
For you? Then welcome aboard, buckaroo!

I think the question I pose to anyone still reading this is this: After all this, why the hate?

so when we give a ton of reasons as to why r&m sucks, that doesnt matter. We really hate it because redditors like it.
I didnt know you were a mind reader.

Don't forget loving things that suck because certain people dislike them. And Sup Forums's favorite pass-time, judging a book by its cover and then ignoring every review or bit of criticism that doesn't support their initial stance on whatever they were judging.

Yeah, contrarian, you do. It's not like there's a lot of nuance or subtlety to your opinions.

This. Noone can possibly hate Rick and Morty. It's a Kafkaesque avant-garde nihilistic masterpiece.

is this a copypasta
I hope so because that was really bad

user, I said civilized. Also
>Alabama is about 25% black compared with the 13% overall for the country
Good choice :^)

Point one better cartoon, pro tip you can't.

>still watches what they claim to hate
inb4 "I-I'm only watching it so I can p-point and laugh h-ha-ha..."

you're either trolling or are just really stupid

You never do that, though. It's always non-argument after non-argument any time the show comes up. "I'M PICKLE RICK" and "God's not real Morty" are not criticisms, they're memes. "Faux intellectualism" is also not an actual criticism, it's an assertion that is never backed up by real analysis. I've seen a tiny handful of actual criticisms of Rick and Morty on this board. The rest is just circlejerking about how it's le reddit.

southpark

Jesus, case in point.

What was verbal diarrhea about it? It made sense, she just remarked that Rick mostly used his intelligence to justify bad behavior and short term thinking, and his distant relationship with his family is because he never put time into them. It's simple sure, but her words do have meaning and it isn't just empty fluff.

It literally went over OP's head. All he saw was a woman talking calmly and that was enough to send him into a frenzy.

Well this season is being weak af, that's for sure.

to hate something you have to watch it first
else how do you know you hate it
just like i read your post
you stupid cunt

You're right, user, Rick and Morty is a trult genius show which raised my IQ by 150 points ! Truly a modern masterpiece! Haha, Pickle Rick God isn't real!!

He's that fucking loser kid from highschool who thinks Women don't like "nice guys" and thinks people don't like him because hes a nerd, when its really because hes a massive asshole.

Eh I dont think its pretentious but I agree on the second part. Everybody is trying to dig deep for "muh lore" or "muh theories" or "muh deep philosophical meanings" when its just a fucking comedy cartoon. No different than a more cynical version of American Dad, yet R&M somehow attracted a bunch of psuedo intellectuals and modern day """""nerds""""" to it.

>to hate something you have to watch it first

how new are you?

Maybe that's because they forced half of the room to be women writers who worked on kino like "The Mighty B" and "The Annoying Orange" wow I love diversity haha PICKLERICKLE

Wow, user, I think you just *burp* need some more Rick and Morty. More like God and Godty amirite? Except God isn't real lol *burp* haha

>this is your brain on nu-Sup Forums

*buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrpppicklerick* hehe lol xd

My teacher said to me I'm a failure, that I'll never amount to anything. I scoffed at him. Shocked, my teacher asked what's so funny, my future is on the line. "Well...you see professor" I say as the teacher prepares to laugh at my answer, rebuttal at hand. "I browse Sup Forums." The class is shocked, they merely watch pleb shows like the big bang theory to feign intelligence, not grasping the humour. "...how? I can't even understand it's sheer nuance and subtlety." "Well, you see...GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW!" One line student laughs in the back, I turn to see a who this fellow genius is. It's none other than Adolf Hitler von Evola.

GABAGOOOOOOL xDxD

shut the dooooooor at midnight fellow g3ntlemen :-D

Seems like it. It's worrying that this thread is full of people who just asssume he's right and nobody called him out on it until now

First part of this analysis was good than it lost focus.

Ultimately the science in Rick and Morty is for all intents and purposes magic. If Rick was a wizard the show would be no different: a drunken genius asshole and his spineless grandson go on adventures to wacky dimensions. The only reason it has a horrible fanbase is because of all those "I fucking love science" faggots who think any mention of science makes it smart

That finale was godawful. I wonder who wrote it?

Oh, I see.

it was fine

i forgot the episode was playing then

It wasn't that random, it was just stupid.

2d4u

Woah cool the misogyny ok?

it was harmon

Wait, so why does this show rustle everyone so hard?

I mean, honestly, why? It's just a show.

People thinking it used to be /our show/ and now its reddit, I guess

I can't fucking believe they got a Nobel prize for this shit.
Every channel on television, for a month straight, every hour of the day, calling it "the smartest show on television".
Mandatory screenings in every school.
A fucking statue to Roiland? Really???

The amount of praise the show gets is unreal. Insane. Massive. Pervasive.
I went to get my car today, and guess what? Some hooligans etched "Rick and Morty best show ever made" on the fucking side with a key.
I called the police and they wouldn't help.
"Sir, even we can do nothing. People would storm the police station if they knew that we don't think it's the smartest show on television. We're powerless."

It's a mantra, a chant that the neighborhood repeats ad nauseam every morning, as in a ritual, gathering in the street.

I'm tired of it. But I can't stop the horde, the millions of adoring fans.
This much praise??? Constantly??? Still??? What the fuck!

You ever point and laugh at a cringy high school weeb? It's the same thing.

Let's take a little tour, shall we

E1 - The Rickshank Rickdemption - Good - Written by: Mike McMahon (M)
E2 - Rickmancing the Stone - Bad - Written By: Jane Becker (F)
E3 - Pickle Rick - Bad - Written By: Jessica Gao (F)
E4 - Vindicators 3 - Bad - Written By: Sarah Carbiener & Erica Rosbe (F)
E5 - The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy - OK - Written By: Ryan Ridley (M)
E6 - Rest and Ricklaxation - Good - Written By: Tom Kauffman (M)
E7 - The Ricklantis Mixup - Good - Written By: Dan Guterman & Ryan Ridley (M)
E8 - Morty's Mind Blowers - OK - Written By: Mike/James/Ryan/DanG (M)
E9 - The ABC's of Beth - OK - Written By: Mike McMahon
E10 - The Rickchurian Mortydate - Bad - Written By: Dan Harmon (honorary F* for faggot)

Let's take a sideways look at the data by category

Bad: F F F F*
OK: M M M
Good: M M M

The results are fairly self-explanatory.

Now, of course, Dan Harmon has claimed that each episode is a communal effort, and writing credits are given out at random throughout the writing team. Are we to believe that an entirely random process, which ideally results in a pseudo-Guassian distribution, would result in all inferior episodes being associated with the names of female writers? Highly implausible. If Harmon's assertions are true, and each episode has equal input from all members of the writing team, we can only conclude that the misogynist in the situation must be Harmon himself, deliberately sullying the names of his female writers in order to serve some shadowy agenda, possibly that of the Alt-Right.

It's fiction. It's only "right" because that's how they wrote it. It permanently and needlessly damaged Rick's character for this reason.

Season one rick would have interrupted her or fucked her up.

ABCs of Beth was in no way good at all

I thought it was mediocre at worst.

>Women be bad guizzz

t. permavirgin

>Am I evil?
>Worse, you're smart

Not to mention the fucking family guy endless joke when rick was showing Beth all the stuff he made her. And Beth handling the situation in literally the worst way possible

Alright, so we shift one of the OK Ms into the Bad row, there is a level of subjectivism at play here. The dataset is still fairly monolithic.

>we are intellectually superior for watching a cartoon
>no we are intellectually superior for not watching said cartoon even though we watch it
jesus, the autism in this (every r&m) thread

But you'd say that we can't judge if we haven't seen it if we hadn't at least watched some of it.

It's not a joke. It's Harmon trying to explain it to himself that his wife didn't leave him cause he was an asshole, she left him cause he's too smart to function as a normie.

The people who like the show as it is now are the kinds of people who love mind numbing, pseudo-intellectual tumblr webcomics.

ie: Reddit

dont fucking judge your intelligence level based on a goddamn cartoon and stop going out of your way to find cringeworthy idiots

problem solved

this is whats wrong with the world, most people are alright, but the retarded minority is very very vocal and you autist give them the attention they crave

Yeah talking about traps, furry shit and hentai is much better.

maybe the people you are complaining about are the retarded minority being vocal.

The show is gay and not funny. That's why people don't like it. Also cartoons belong in .

>implying I have to go out of my way
Come on now. Stereotypes don't appear for no reason. One of my close friends is literally the stereotypical R&M viewer. This kid is literally a textbook pseudo-intellectual, but he thinks he's the bees knees and that the show is brilliant and smart. It's not just a meme, my dude.

pic related is the only thing WORSE than rick and morty

people just call Rick and Morty smart because they don't want to admit they're basically watching another silly Family Guy level show