/STDIS/ General - Star Trek Discovery

/ourguy/ edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qCiRnmkt9RU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Engage

>The emergence of the alien Juggernaut and its subsequent attacks on the Federation colony require the intervention of not only the U.S.S. Shenzou, but of her larger cousin, the U.S.S. Enterprise, under the command of Captain Christopher Pike. The story takes place one year after Pike’s first visit to Talos IV (Star Trek’s “The Cage”), and one year before the events in the pilot episodes of Star Trek Discovery (“The Vulcan Hello”). The arrival of Enterprise brings the crew of the Shenzou into contact not only with Captain Pike, but with Number One, Jose Tyler, and of course, Mr. Spock.

This shit is literally happening alongside Pike's Enterprise journeys.

>STD

>/ourguy/
>a jew

nah

memory-alpha has spoken

The acronym that will be used for years to come is DIS. It's over, DIS won.

Protip: stop watching DIS if you hate it

I don't hate it, it's just dumb

Hello marketers. It's STD. Just accept it.
You're damage control is weak.

>thinking you can defeat the autism of memory-alpha

It's over user, it's DIS

The latest episode is shitter than the last, this show isn't getting any better is it.

But I like Star Trek.

STD is shit though so I might drop it sooner or later.

Only kids watch disney, mate.

You're only solidifying it as /STD/ silly shill

The captain quotes art of war, but makes it clear she doesn't understand the text, or never actually read the whole book.

The writers know that the characters *should* know the book, but the writers don't know the book. So they fake it.

This seems like intellectualism to idiots, but like idiocy to intellectuals.

Wasn't the enterprise Brand new when pike got it and ended up giving it to kirk?

wtf I hate Kirk, Spock and Data now

i like using std, it reminds me what the show is

This is objectively wrong, and I don't even like Disney.

>liking jews in the first place

wew

spock was one dunno about data but kirk he was anglo irish canadian

My bad, I should have specified.
Kids and those with the infantile mentality of kids.

No, the Enterprise was commanded by Captain Robert April before Pike got it. The ship is at least 20 years old by the time Kirk got it.

>STD

Based af

Or just people who enjoy animation. Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? Does framing people with different taste than you as morons really satisfy you that much?

>marketer posting cringy images

Please tell your manager that literally nothing you do will make this show a good piece of art or worthy of being called Star Trek.

CBS should have just funded Axanar.

Tell them.

t. brainlet who enjoys the works of Seth MacFarlane

>still can't explain what about the quote was misplaced or misconstrued
I've read The Art of War.

Are you trying to form a mental connection between the name of the show and that picture representing it's target demographic?
Because it's working.

Its the actor numbnuts.

Sorry I struck a nerve, kiddo. :^)

>Axanarfags
That shit would have been even more grimdark and edgy than Discovery. It looked terrible and you got robbed, sorry.

Why is she quoting about dispositions when the majority of the book instructs her to not even be there?

You don't raid enemy castles. Ever.

Also I think you are lying and have not read it.

>It's a Burnham episode

>You don't like this show? You must be part of the company wars then!
lel
pathetic

I don't like Disney though. I just think your posturing makes you seem really insecure and sad. It's just cartoons m8.

>filmed like a documentary
>interviewing characters instead of a marysue ride-along

Seriously STD feels like a disney ride.

>you will never be this asshurt over an abbreviation

I honestly hope you're just a shill. This autistic anger is not good for you.

Whoa, really?
That's amazing.

Why are you in this thread if you don't like the show? See

It's like 40 pages. I've read it multiple times. The quote fit fine, and there is no need for her to be following every piece of advice to the letter, in order to justify quoting it.

It's funny being someone who watches neither and having marketers jump all over you and give you so much attention.

Yeah, okay champ. Whatever you say.

DIS is the official abbreviation. The butthurt ones are the ones calling the show STD

Why people get so offended when they are called brainlets? Just ignore it

>/STDIS/
It's STD

Pretty much this

The latest episode was the best one so far.

This thread is terrible.

But STD is objectively funnier

>the official abbreviation
Nah.

better costume coming through

Only if you also call Star Trek Voyager STV and Star Trek Enterprise STE

Maybe if you're 12

They're ALL Burnham episodes, from the look of it.

And this show desperately requires some lighthearted jests injected into it, what with all the hamfisted tension.

>STD is objectively funnier

I bet you enjoy the works of Seth MacFarlane

What do you think the captain will do with the dangerous space alien, bet it escapes and runs amok on the discovery, such high jinks and adventure awaits

>still believing the "different insignia for different ships" meme

Deal. STD it is.

Preview for next ep already shows them releasing it intentionally for reasons.

your mind is owned by the orville

std

That's why the show has this Stop being autistic over the name

You know on Facebook, whenever you write something, they put your name and a picture of you by it. e go post there.

I kinda like the show, even if it looks little like Star Trek now.
The ship designs are horrible, though.

>Mature people like myself have a hearty guffaw at the abbreviation 'DIS' because it alludes to the perpetual disdain I feel for all things amusing. I quite resent myself at this very moment!
Yeah, alright...

>frogposting

Voyager emphasized the "Voyager" part and Enterprise didn't add "Star Trek" until like season 3.

I still don't like the ship design, fed ships are curvy and this things a fucking triangle. its eased by the ship being a test bed / secret program division but it still kind of irksome.

What are you talking about tripfag? Fuck off.
Tripfags should be banned.

Yeah i turn it off when they come on nearly ruined the whole seasons during it's premier.
u wot

I'm just talking about the dress, you nerd.

>Still asshurt
Did you practice your Sup Forums etiquette for newfags for a long time before coming here?
Let me guess, ED?

Now I see why other boards look down on this one. Some of you guys are alright. The dumbasses who obsess over the abbreviation or just come to hate? Not so much.

Maybe I'll just lurk a Trek forum instead. At least their autism doesn't come bundled up in crippling anxiety and insecurity.

>imagine being this upset over text
O B S E S S E D

STD!

A couple of friends of mine were using the abbreviation STD, should I tell them they are wrong?

>a general for a dead show that won't even make it one season
dumb STDedditors

>watch episode three
>that borg lookalike on the bridge looks cool
>doesn't even have a line
>that blue alien with the giant head looks cool
>just some background character

Thank God, they would've just taken time away from the permanent bitchface mc and the fat ugly autistic girl.

>babby tripfag needs attention
Mommy give milkies?

>Literally posting tumblr gifs
Merely a coincidence. :^)

>he says, giving him further attention
get a room already. you're clearly as attention starved as he is

Just finished the first three episodes. Why don't some people like this? Is it too dark for Sup Forums or trekkies? This is probably my favorite iteration since DS9 and the production values are far better than I thought they would fund for this (to the point that I'm worried CBS won't maintain the quality).

Spiner is one of the most unapologetic jew I know of, but somehow I think he's very funny and I find his arrogance amusing

No just tell them that the correct term these days is VD.

Also, I love that the "trek code" is actually readable and isn't just sci-fi gobledy gook.

>permanent bitchface
racist

Shatner is a Jew.

>He thinks the quality can degrade further
If all you care about is the visuals maybe. But the writing is already rock bottom, and that is the core essence of a story driven show.

youtu.be/qCiRnmkt9RU
it's std you cuck

Ignore the nu/tv/pol/ retards. More than half of the shit Sup Forums loves is because of jews, it's only in the last five years that retarded crossposters started spazzing out. Shit, we used to have Daily Show threads before 2010.

That's Windows source code.
The future is doomed.

Except it is sci-fi gobledy gook, just in a less original font.

The official backstory behind Pepe the Frog is that he's a DUDE WEED pacifist cuck. You see where this goes?

Has HushKlingon formally been named? He was the only Klingon to open a channel of discussion with Federation members before he was murdered. I feel like he should be memorialized.

He died a hero.

>VD
It's STD

I know
Never knew, but now at you mention it he does look abit jewy, still like him though.
He one of them lefty liberal jews or one of them rightwing zionst ones.

>Spanish name
>Southern accent
>Owned a Chinese restaurant
>Played by a Brit

What did they mean by DIS?