In 2004...

>In 2004, Harry Shearer criticized what he perceived as the show's declining quality: "I rate the last three seasons as among the worst, so season four looks very good to me now."[38] Shearer has also been vocal about "The Principal and the Pauper" (season nine, 1997) one of the most controversial episodes of The Simpsons. Many fans and critics reacted negatively to the revelation that Principal Seymour Skinner, a recurring character since the first season, was an impostor. The episode has been criticized by both Shearer and Groening. In a 2001 interview, Shearer recalled that after reading the script, he told the writers, "That's so wrong.

Harry Shears is /ourguy/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llNR8gqiyr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The entire show fell apart after the greatest episode E-I E-I (Annoyed Grunt).

thicc marge

>continues to collect paychecks fir another 14 years

what a hero! talking shit AND getting paid!

S

He needs the money to pay for his fancy German car, Gucci loafers and manicured finger nails.

he almost quit 2 years ago

yeah and then they waved a big cheque in his face and he changed his mind

Why do people get so butthurt about the Principal and the Pauper? It's not as if the show had any continuity to begin with.

ah kos.... or some say kosm

reminder, the person who posts sneed is an underaged /asp/ spammer from india

I read this in Sneed's voice.

>Harry Shears is /ourguy/
then he should've quit without telling them to fuck the show up. Not like he doesn't have enough money, they make so much from this show that it's a joke,

Harry Sneeder

N

E

E

>t. the erotic adventures of

benis! :D

> and then they paid him a few million more and he continued to help produce garbage for another 20 years
> the end
shearer and the other zombie simpson kikes can rot in hell

why not have all the actors demand so much much money they show finally ends once and for all

Lisa even directly references that when Homer and Flanders become friends

But what about when Sneed and Chuck became friends?

>no continuity
>Sneed's Feed and Seed acknowledges it was formally Chuck's
Fool.

this was after the principal and the pauper you fucking plebian.

>Harry Shears is /ourguy/
except despite knowing how shitty the show has become, he still helps make it and collects a paycheck

it'll never end
they have impersonators and computers so yoy couldn't even tell the difference

but why havent the ratings gone to shit by now? nobody fucking cares about of talks about the simpsons in general anymore. not about the last 15 seasons at least

Its fucking Europe and South American man. Everytime simplsons posts an automated facebook update theres 200 comments in 2 minutes with shit like 'JAJA I LOVE HOMER

isnt south america just watching bootleg copies and watching old episodes though?

They wouldn't cancel the show if he quit. This almost happened.

Who's Elon Musk?

They money is in the merchandise. The ratings aren't that important, the show is just an ad.

some cuck

Because Skinner's character was based on a longstanding relationship he had with his mother. His character is a commentary on the cyclical nature of authoritarianism. Principal and the pauper destroyed this in 20 minutes for the sake of a cheap plot line.

It ruined seasons worth of character building. It was the perfect indication that classic Simpsons was dead.

but the episode itself is still funny and part of the golden age. It didnt really jump the shark and get truly terrible for a few years afterwards

reminder simpsons jumped the shark around season 6 and just kept going.

they literally don't show anything past ~season 15 around here because no one likes that shit

DAMN, Marge has a fat ass or either it's full of shit LOL

you can see Lisa's butt in that image.

anyone see the episode with michelle obama?
she gave a speech at the school and literally everyone, including Nelson, was in tears with how much they loved her
she said some Lisa-tier garbage about bullying or some shit and then she wanted to get in the helicopter, but couldn't because the door was stuck
the 4 soldiers accompanying her couldn't budge it and then michelle did it with one hand and made a snarky remark
watch one of the newer episodes and you'll be surprised how much hate you can have for some random cartoon

That sounds god awful. I quit watching halfway through season 12, but always get depressed when seeing clips from the new seasons. I was wondering though, are there any episodes from the later seasons comparable to the early ones? I figure from 20 years worth of episodes a few must have been decent.

surprisingly, no
they might try to do some deeper/non-typical emotional episode but the charm is long gone
not a single new episode is worth watching

>character building
Please. Skinner still acted the same way afterwards so it's not like his character was undermined. As Lisa said in that episode he's still the same person, we just learned more about who he was before he was the Skinner we know him as today.

DNA in the paint on a sign. Unlikely.

The name's Janny. Lyle Janny.
And I come before you good posters tonight with a meme.
Probably the greatest-- Ah, it's not for you.
It's more of a Reddit meme.
Now wait just a minute.
We're twice as smart as the people of Reddit.
Just tell us your meme, and we'll force it!
All right.
I tell you what I'll do.
I'll show you my meme!
I give you the Sup Forums Feed & Seed!- [All Gasping] I've sold memes to Friendster, [s4s], and ytmnd and by gum, it put them on the map!
Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Fucked & sucked, Sneed-owned feed & seed
What'd I say?
Feed & Seed
What's it called?
Feed & Seed
That's right! Feed & Seed
Feed & Seed
Feed & Seed
Feed & Seed
I hear that meme is underage
It requires wisdom like a sage
Is there a chance to attract Mouse NEETs?
Not on your life, DC Pajeet
What about us brain-dead plebs?
You can post in GOT threads
Were you sent here by Shareblue?
Relax, goy, I'm one of you
The mods gave me a 3-day ban
Reset your router, my big man
I swear it's Sup Forums's only choice
Throw up your hands and raise your voice
Feed & Seed
What's it called?
Feed & Seed
Once again
Feed & Seed
But comfy Simpsons threads will be broken
Sorry, Mods, the hive mind's spoken
Feed & Seed!
Feed & Seed!
Feed & Seed!
Feed & Seed!
Formerl--(Annoyed Grunt)

Holy shit do you have brain damage

It's the DNA of the wood that makes up the sign.

a millionare obsessed with delivering mariachi to aliens.

Kys sneedfag

pretty good

some guy who's not getting anyone to Mars

Do you hear our prayers?

youtube.com/watch?v=llNR8gqiyr0

globalist faggot

It was formerly chuck's. There's probably dna all over the place

I think it started in season 5. Bart's Inner Child had a Zombie Simpsons ending, and so did a few of the others.

Do you know what DNA or wood are?

he's literally an anti-globalist though

>Friendster, [s4s], and ytmnd

why couldn't you stick in ebaums instead of s4s, or was that before your time?

The point of the lyric is that they're all failed towns no one heard of which fits /s4s/ perfectly.

If anything replace the other 2 with /qa/ and /bant/.

Wood is the bones of a tree, and bones don't have DNA. One can infer from

A charlatan who is going to be the new Ken Lay/Jeffrey Skilling in a couple years when the bubble pops and the scandal is no longer feasible to conceal.

The cast actually had pay cuts in 2011. They were receiving $400,000 per episode. Fox said "Make it $300,000 or we cancel the show"

>$300,000
Oh no, only $6600000 a year for less than 12 hours of recordings, in an entire season. How can they survive?

Gotta stick in your craw when you were getting $8.8 million the year before

>galaxies become atoms

They could have kept it all if they had just called FOX's bluff.
They don't have any replacement for the simpsons since everything McFarlane made after American Dad was unpopular as fuck

>I hate fun