Idris Elba

Jaime Foxx
Beyoncé
Idris Elba
Tyler Perry
Ice Cube

Negress elbow

This! Would be 10/10

Keep Sam Rockwell and Martin Freeman. Honestly could even keep Mos Def as the alien. Zoe is replaced by Mammario. Rickman's voice replaced by... Benedict Cucumbernickle

Martin Freeman is the perfect Arthur Dent, there's no point to even try to remake this shit.

As long as it uses the radio show and not the books, why did he change the ending in the 5th book?

There's a sixth book too, granted it's by a different author.

Not that that one closes up the story though...

>There's a sixth book too, granted it's by a different author.
Fuck that shit, radio show ended perfectly

How does the radio show end it?

If I'm right the fifth book stops with the earth getting destroyed again.

instead of that miserable ending where everyone dies they wind up back at the RATEOTU, can't remember why but it was nice to have Arthur and his daughter bonding over meals and that one religious sect's Messiah finally deciding to show up

That does sound better indeed.

> Arthur and his daughter bonding over

God, i hated that bitch.

>Perfect
>Not Simon Jones

Babelfish teleport them away from danger and it justifies it by saying that's how the dolphins escaped earth in the first place, learning it from Babelfish. Arthur finds Fenchurch working at the restaurant along with Marvin, as it turns out he was still under warranty.

What happened to Zaphod and Slartbartfast?

Generally I liked the movie casting except for Ford. Mos Def was such a bizarre choice.

Zaphod wasn't on earth, but he's at the restaurant anyway just because it's the end. Slartibartfast is AWOL and never seen after he parts with the group following their defeat of Hactar.

In the sequel book, the Guide MK II puts them in a suspended animation dream world where they get to live out their lives for a hundred years until the batteries run out, at which point they are about to be blown up when Zaphod just shows up and saves them.

That book was honestly pretty garbage though, Arthur and Ford hardly do anything in it, and it's mostly about Trillian, Random and Wowbagger, of all fucking people. Trillian is obnoxious as hell. Zaphod gets quite a lot of screentime as he goes to find Thor to get him to kill Wowbagger (because Wowbagger said Zaphod has a fat arse) but Zaphod is also reduced to a literal retard.

He was always pretty weird, but the book "Flanderises" the fuck out of him and ignores his development and how he actually matured. Perhaps the most original and entertaining part is when an Irishman interviews Cthulu.

> Zaphod
> Idris Elba

I'm actually okay with this.

The book also had this fucktarded fanfiction-level obsession with explaining every single fucking offhand joke from the earlier books. It's what made Harry Potter's final retarded and it didn't work any better here.

And then there's some dumb stuff like the daughter being described as a goth or something, even though she's clearly some other kind of teenage edge cult.

This movie made me fucking hate Sam Rockwell. God, that bigger is obnoxious

I thought he did a great job. His movements and mannerisms were very alien.

He acted like a confused space pimp.

I enjoyed this movie
I have never read the books.
The depressed robot was funny

Check out the radio show, makes a great listen for the commute, really great voice acting

Are you retarded nigger? Rockwell saved this movie with his performance.

What about this?

>idris elba as zaphod
>donald glover as Ford
>michael ealy as marvin
>zoe zeldana as trillian
>channing tatum as arthur dent

who's the black chick?

Him as Ford Prefect

the books kinda jumps the shark after the third or so book

That hacker girl from F&F 7

haven't seen it

Missandei from Game of Thrones?

What went wrong? I thought the cast was colorful enough to carry the movie.

ah, i see

Nobody outside of brits anda handful of yank knew about the source material

It just had an weird pacing, all the scenes that where not in the book just stand out.

and which scenes are those?

that scene with John Malkovich where they remove one of Zaphod's head and that scene where they rescue Trillian from the Vogons.

I thought this was pretty decent.