Should they have just stopped after this?

Should they have just stopped after this?

It's completely forgettable now and will always be a footnote in the MCU

movie aside, can't believe how quicky CGI seems dated now. It's like 5 years and already feels like 20.

>It's completely forgettable
Just like your post, and your life.

It's hardy a footnote.
It's the reason the mcu still even exists and it was a massive success - still one of marvel's biggest.

Infinity war will probably do worse though, which is a shame considering the amount of leadup there's been.

I'm fine with that. Its kinda obvious the reason marvel sold out is because they couldn't write 27 more movies at anything near the level of quality they'd made their name on.

>completely forgettable
>still mad it didn't flop 5 years later

I think you remember it just fine kiddo

Damn user you destroyed him

>this movie made money
>that means it's good!

>btfo
>moves goalposts

I heard all my friends excited and I watched it.
I did not feel one minute tension or true conflict. Not even the bickering among them.
The bad guy controls the weakest ones.
hell, you cannot even fear for THE BAD GUY because the hulk smashes him on the ground and is just... meh.
The aliens out of his ass.
I felt nothing and its success made me understand we cannot have good shit because we cannot deserve it.
Also fuck Whedon.

>okay bro, how will I conquer the entire earth
>well I have these guys that are basically the droids from phantom menace down to all shutting down if the one mothership is destroyed
>yeah that should be good enough

I don't care it made a billion dollars. The movie is a piece of shit.

It's good if it's forgettable.
Then you can watch it again and it'll be FRESH FRESH FRESH!

the movie is why marvel was sold for billions of dollars as well

It's only forgettable because it wasn't that good to begin with and only rode on the popular franchises teaming up gimmick.

>it only rode on the gimmick it created

... what

It was Cap, Ironman, Thor and Hulk all in one movie. First time it was done while the individual lines were popular.

The movie itself? Not good. It's the Avatar of the MCU.

t. Joss Whedon

Every movie since Captain American has been forgettable.

>Every movie has been forgettable.

They should've stopped before this.

>the gimmick it created
Uuuuummmm, no sweetie.

I only liked it because it had ScarJo in a tight leather suit, but even then they didn't show her off enough.

Metal Gear Solid: Winter Soldier was worth it.

examples that failed so spectacularly that it killed cinema and triggered a Renaissance of sorts (that also failed spectacularly) aren't really valid, are they?

>tfw the last capeshit movie I've ever seen was ironman 1

feels good man