Best looking digitally shot movies

Best looking digitally shot movies.

Also, what are the factors that make some of them look so great? I can't fathom how most filmmakers still haven't nailed the digital look, when we've had beautiful stuff like Collateral in fucking 2004.

digital looks like garbage usually because they try to make it look like they would with film, as opposed to embracing it's qualities like michael mann does

the decision works so well in Collateral because the whole movie takes place at night which looks great on digital. compare that with Public Enemies and all the daytime scenes look like garbage

>embracing it's qualities
But does that mean in practice?

I love the cheap SD look of Inland Empire.

The extreme closeups were actually even more disturbing and purposefully "ugly" because of it.

>I can't fathom how most filmmakers still haven't nailed the digital look
Because there is no one singular "look", do you think every film needs to look the same?

i wouldn't mind if every movie looked like michael bay made it

I just worded it poorly. Point is that most digital movies look like complete shit, even with the huge leaps in tech. Hell, even I can shoot better looking content with a damn 2k camera.

>DUDE GOLDEN HOUR FEELS TIME LMAO
>DUDE OVERSATURATED COLORS LMAO
>DUDE SPASTIC EDITING, CLUTERRED FRAMING AND CONSTANT 360 CAMERA PANS LMAO

This looks horrible, the picture has that unnaturally smooth quality that plaques most digital productions.

>Hell, even I can shoot better looking content with a damn 2k camera
I heavily doubt that user.

A good looking digital film depends mostly on the use of lighting and scene set up, not as much as which camera you use

yes, all of that
i love that
it's a screencap i took during the movie so it's blurry

retarded worthless pleb

>A good looking digital film depends mostly on the use of lighting and scene set up, not as much as which camera you use

That was exactly my point, even with an outdated camera I can produce nice looking video when I put in the effort to light it properly. I've got experience behind some high end cameras, but I'm not a professional by any means.

Pretty much any digital-era Fincher movie.

I saw 13 Hours for the first time yesterday. Dion Beebe is easily the best cinematographer working atm

Zodiac and Gone Girl are beautiful to look at

Probably the best looking TV show ever.

and yet they all look inferior to his work with film

Eh, that's all subjective, I think The Social Network is by far his most gorgeous work.

>No mention of Miami Vice

What film is this?
I get it's the Zodiac killer, but it doesn't look like the 2007 film.

it is the 2007 film

every frame a kino

>digital look
preposterous