The book is never getting finished is it?

The book is never getting finished is it?

He is thinking about that turtle's tax policy.
you just dont get it

>quite
>wanting to read a book from this hack

Honestly I don't even care at this point. His long pointless doorstoppers should be banned for wasting trees

>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning...

lmao

I dont get this meme

Fuck off.

AUTHORS DON'T FUCKING OWE YOU ANYTHING, OK?!???!
*takes shit in gold toilet*

this. listen very carefully OP: GRRM is NOT you're bitch

All /got/ people, this board no longer welcomes us
We've found a new home

>quite

its bad yes

GODS I WAS STRONG THEN

He wants a good girl, but needs the bad pussy.

Why not just go to /lit/?

Forgot pic

>show adheres pretty well to the books for first four seasons
>quality varies from adequate to great
>show overtakes the books
>DnD fanfiction starts becoming the story
>show immediately varies from adequate to ultrashit
>even if Martin were to shit out the next two books back to back in two months it doesn't matter because the show is already too far past that that illiterate normies will probably even go so far as to say the show is "more canon" than the books
>mfw the IP is ruined forever because of this fat lazy hack stuffing his face and fucking dornish girls instead of writing

>quite

Nah

>we
>us
Fuck off

what is so hard about waiting?

Fuck this amerifat hack
I hope he dies of stroke

What's so hard about writing, GRRM?

/lit/ makes them insecure about reading pleb shit

the waiting is the hardest part

That Martin is too old to be able to take almost a decade for a single book.

no cause he's clearly got fucking dementia. How can an author, the guy who wrote ASOIAF even, forget how to spell quiet? The sad irony is that the quality of george's story even with dementia = D+D's story with presumably healthy brains

REMINDER that all /got/ loyalists should migrate with us to continue our shitposting in peace

On /trash/ that is

Because Martin will die and someone else will finish the books and expand the universe into a giant crock of shit just like DUNE

He's looking for inspiration retards, lay off.

>"Turtles have always been my sigil, I suppose. When I was a kid, growing up in Bayonne, NJ, I lived in a federal housing project, and we were not allowed to have a dog or cats. The only pets I could have were turtles. So, I had an entire toy castle filled with dime-store turtles. I gave them all names, and since they were living in a toy castle, I decided they were all knights and kings...and I made up stories about how they killed each other and betrayed each other and fought for the kingdom. So,Game of Thrones, actually began with turtles. I decided later to recast it with actual human beings."

i hate people who feel so entitled they're genuinely angry at him for not writing. how they've become so attached.

he doesn't owe you shit. i hope he dies of coronary disease before he's finished, and some random relative or whatever finishes it for him and leaves everyone displeased.

How much inspiration does he need? He literally writes EPIC BLOOD 'N' BOOBS and passes it off as "genre deconstruction" or whatever. Fucking hack

Fuck off George. Your writing is mediocre at best

>tfw bought the first two books a while ago
>tfw the 7th season being so fucking bad made me lose all interest
>tfw the "best book" wasn't even interesting anyway

>young george sat staring at mini castle full of turtles
>imagining the females with tits being fucked and married off by the males
>but what if they were brother and sister

whats morla's tax policy though?

He semi-sort-off talked bad about Tolkien for not being realistic and began over (i think) Gonder's tax policy
>Meanwhile he doesn't even include maps that work with his story and most child fantasy books feature more descriptive text about how big a dragon in/wingsan.

The best book was a Storm of Swords. Which one did you think was best?

>make someone who would otherwise be another fat retirement home dementia patient into a multimillionaire
>"HOW DARE YOU EXPECT ANYTHING IN RETURN"

I've thought about this and I don't think it's entitlement that makes people angry about him taking so long to write another book, it's investment. While the relationship between author and reader is, at its base, a purely financial one, over the years millions of people have become attached to Martin's world. So while he's under no financial obligation he is under an emotional obligation if he allows himself to be as he's holding millions of people to ransom by witholding his book. So of course he doesn't owe them anything but lots of people get more and more upset the longer he waits and I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to disappoint millions of people if I could avoid it.

GRRM dissed Tolkien by saying he was just fantasy and literally asked what was Aragon's tax policy, since a kingdom can't realistically survive only by having a good leader.

anyone on social media with an idealized cartoon version of themselves as an avatar needs to die, ASAP.

>I bought a shitty book
>I made someone a multimillionaire
Even if you didn't by his shitty books he would have been multimillionaire.
Either way, if you're unconvinced by my flawless rebuttal, he still owes you shit, if you catch my drift :^)

>he doesn't owe you shit
sure he does. you don't get to say otherwise, bitch boy

You seem to like shit a lot
>Maybe give GRRM a tweet abut it, it ends with a incestual scat orgie after which a dragon (unspecified size) pukes acid over the ultimate shitfest that is GoT
>Just got GoT because a new japanse fetish

I don't think he has any intention to. He's happy to let them be ghost-written after his death.

>the idealized cartoon version of GRRM is an egg

No he's not. He specifically told them not to finish his books if he died

the fact that the ENTIRE thread isn't about this error makes me wonder how many anons here would make the same spelling error.
never did i consider the possibility that everyone communicating on the internet would bring people down to the lowest common denominator. I always believed everyone would be shamed for such basic mistakes and they would be virtually eliminated, yet you can go on Sup Forums at any given moment and see a half dozen instances of "threat" being used in place of "thread"

Careful dude, you don't wanna turn into a copypasta

mods suck my dick

says who? immortalize me in every way possible, i want the taint of my touch spread worldwide via every medium

If you didn't realise that a few years ago, there's no hope for you

That applies to both the show and the books desu

Do I need to go find a copy so I can quote some of Martin's prose at you so you understand how deeply stupid you are to even imply the show is bad because it doesn't adhere to the books?

fuck off dobson

Nobody needs to forget how to spell to make a typo when typing, you dumbass.

>quite
>this is one of the most praised living authors
jej

The series would have been great if it had been written by somebody who actually has some talent at writing. Orson Scott Card would have done the political shit 10x better than Martin plus he could indulge in his fucked up belief that having a family is so important that you should fuck your own sister if that's the only way for you to have kids.

Yeah, it's pretty certain

>3 years between book one and two
>1 year between two and three
>5 years between three and four
>6 years between four and five
>6 years and counting still no book six

even if we get book six, he'll need 10 more years to wite the seventh, and presumably longest and most complicated book. he'll die first

Martin's shitty writing is miles better than the show's

Did the books really do that well before the show? I mean i know they've sold millions of copies NOW, but honestly I never even heard about them before the show, which was fortunate I guess since I got to read five of them without waiting half my life

Only better thing about the show is there's no kid targ being inserted into the story for no reason. god he loves wanking off to the targaryens

indeed
I'm a die-hard book fan
I've read the whole thing thrice, including Dunk and Egg shorts and the world of ice and fire book
I will be happy just to get TWoW
I have literally no hope of A Dream of Springs
someone else will finish it

His one job is to write books and meet a deadline. If I didn't hand my reports in at the end of the day of be fired.

>best selling author
>quite

I thought this was fake, just checked. It's not.
This isn't even a typo, it's a blatant spelling error.

I've read them all multiple times as well, but there is zero question in my mind that he intends to die rather than finish this shit. He's written himself into a corner by introducing too many characters/plotlines. There is no way he can satisfyingly conclude all of them, and I think he'd rather die then try to half-assedly wrap everything up.

they did indeed. He was relatively well known in the scifi community for awhile and asoiaf was one of the top sellers in fantasy for awhile in the late 90s

Its a fat hack thing. You wont get it.

yeah, the books get increasingly confusing and complex
I mean, the Aegon plotline is only a part of the very last book
the pace also slows down considerably
when Ned goes south we just to the most important events (speaking to Robert in the barrowton, then the trident incident, then at the kings landing)
in the Brienne chapteres in A Feast for Crows, we follow her every step

The difference is that he isn't totally replaceable, and he is already financially secure enough to be able to walk away whenever he wants. You need to keep slaving away writing your TPS reports to avoid getting fired, but he can relax in the garden with his turtle without a care in the world.

The entire problem is the writing is the only thing he can not do without consequences, I guarantee you he has a contract with HBO that obligates him to do these PR tours all the time and if he fails to fulfill that duty he's gonna have trouble on his hands, if he doesn't write another book the only consequence is he doesn't get even more boatloads of money dumped on him.

No you got it wrong, his criticism was a good military commander doesn't make one an effective monarch. History is full of military leaders who gained power through brilliant military victories only to become totally impotent when faced with ruling. In fact that's more of the rule, military leaders tend to make poor politicians and it's a rare man indeed who can do both effectively. History has only seen maybe a couple dozen and their names are usually followed by "the Great".

However, Aragon had a pretty exemplary education by medieval standards, he lived with elves in and studied there for many years before becoming a ranger. I don't really think that criticism works for Aragon, but it certainly fits many fantasy monarchs who win the war against evil and become king and magically make a graceful transition from military commander to politics. This is more or less why Robert is the way he is in the books.

melkor>>>>>>>>>sauron>>>>>balrog shit>>>>>>>>>>aegon the conqueror.

>I always believed everyone would be shamed for such basic mistakes and they would be virtually eliminated
Alright you know that's not how it fucking works

Your math is off, it grows geometrically.
Book one took 18 months to write.
Book two took two years.
Book three took two years.
Book four took FIVE years.
Book five took SIX years.
Book seven has been SIX years and the only thing he has admitted to actually having finished is 200 pages.

IF by some miracle he did finish it by say 2019, which I personally think is very unlikely, I don't think it will ever be finished, but if he did finish it by 2019 that would mean book seven took eight years. Which means the next book would probably take around ten years to finish, which would put it in 2029.

He's 69 years old. Obese.Gets no exercise. And eats nothing but cheese pizzas, ribs, and lemoncakes. Tom Petty was in good shape and died yesterday of a heart attack and he's three years younger than GRRM. What I'm saying essentially is that the series will never be finished, and people should enjoy the TV ending because that's all the ending we will ever get. I personally don't think even Winds of Winter will ever be published anyway. I don't think he even works on it anymore.

>not wanting your 7 minutes of fame to end
ok? so what if he's dragging out the spotlight
he's created GOT which was a good show until it became too popular for its own good

Eru Ilúvatar >>>>>>> Manwe >> Melkor >>>>>> Ungoliant >> Feanor's autism > Sauron

>What I'm saying essentially is that the series will never be finished
That would never happen, too much money is riding on this and they already have contingency plans, In the event of George's death Elio is going to get his unfinished manuscripts and notes and he'll oversee ghost writers for the publisher who will slap together the final book(s).

Give it to Sanderson
That guy could write both in 2 years from scratch while writing his own 1000page epic on side