cool

Best episode

I want to take away Ed's innocence.

This was such a great show, probably my favorite next to sopranos

I only go through the series once a year

Nah the first one is pretty based

>not Jupiter Jazz (both parts) youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s

This.

It was pretty funny when they ate the shrooms.

only good episode in the entire series. bebop has a similar problem, except it at least has two good episodes.

I rewatched both GITSSAC and Cowboy Bebop recently after many years. GITSSAC, while having a few great episodes, was pretty disappointing. But Cowboy Bebop was much better than I remembered.

dandy*

>best episode
>not Pierrot le fou

I can't really stand either. I liked them as a teenager but I couldn't make it more than a few episodes in as a grown-ass man.

These days I just watch the comedies and moe, an occasional action/drama.

My favourite episode is toys in the attic, it's so comfy

>tumblr: the episode
>best
Kys

Gren was portrayed as mentally ill and suicidal.

>These days I just watch the comedies and moe

So you've completely forgotten how actual human beings actually behave in natural circumstances. That's your problem.

Bebop is entirely realistic in its character interactions and motivations. That's what makes it good. Anime has completely lost touch with reality about a decade ago and never recovered.

shut up

At least you're up-front about your tastes. Bebop is fairly juvenile in its style but there's a certain "confidence" to it that I find so infectious.

>tumblr
>main focus is a genetically altered super soldier who turned into a woman against his will and gets into a death match with his old friend turned enemy.
>implying tumblr wouldn't throw a fucking fit about the cultural appropriation of the Native American shit at the end

>Anime has completely lost touch with reality about a decade ago
Ping Pong came out 3 years ago.

I remember loving almost every episode, except for the trucker one. The most pleasant surprise was the one with the digital cult leader. I thought it was gonna be shit, but it had a great ending.

Best episode is indisputably a tie between Ballad of the Fallen Angels, Pierrout le Fou and Hard Luck Woman

Dunno, looked like tranny shit to me
I'd agree JJ part 1 was good since it deals with Fey's character but JJ part 2 was total shit
Literally Vicious' second trifle with spike after the church fight and instead of another all out action scene what do we get? Tranny shit

>Anime adaptation of a 90s mango
>new
Kill yourself dumb nigger

I think the worst episode is Boogie Woogie Feng Shui (aka the one where Jet hangs out with a 12 year old getting chased by the Blues Brothers)

>He watches fiction for realistic interpersonal drama
How is that entertaining? God and I'm just going to dissect your under-thirty-series post too for the hell of it because it's bad.

>Bebop is entirely realistic in its character interactions and motivations.
>Smug rogue with no fear
>Child computer hacker genius that acts like a retard
>Tits that hangs around for no reason at all

>Anime has completely lost touch with reality about a decade ago and never recovered.
>Implying there aren't action/dramas released every season with more realistic interpersonal interaction than Bebop
>Implying SoLs about high school/middle school girls don't contain realistic human interactions
Watch more anime.

>say anime
>"DUUURRRR BUT MANGA"

Will this show ever be put on netflix or something

>Smug rogue with no fear
Spike? He is a "ghost" other characters show fear and concern, specially for the job thy got.
The amount of fanservice Faye delivers is minimum.
Agree on the kid, is the character I like less.

5 best songs:
youtube.com/watch?v=Rz5ofs3xbdc
youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s
youtube.com/watch?v=EuAzPR0ACVw
youtube.com/watch?v=gmFAJPArhqM
youtube.com/watch?v=XJjnbhSTuqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Yimu1x8FgTM

Wow and you even hate the only decent character in the series.

Not even that, Onihei came out just a couple of seasons ago.

Worst episode is obviously Jupiter Jazz part 2
I think boogie woogoe fend shuei was supposed to be cunnycore but obviously watanabe pussied out
That's why it feels like something is missing from that episode

>it's a moeshit loving faggot thinks his opinion matters episode
kill yourself

Literal autism.
Gren got fucked up by experimental drugs. It wasn't portrayed as something positive or desired.

They played this episode so many times on adult swim my mind equated the series with this episode.

It wasn't until many years later that I actually watched the whole series, with original japanese audio. It is pure kino.

You tell them Sup Forums! The mature man child will reign supreme again!!

if you watch moe your opinion matters as much as the opinion of the cum stain in my underwear

My point still stands because the Ping pong anime was a pretty faithful adaptation of the manga which came out in the 90s
So it can't be seen as a modern anime

>Focused on the tranny shit instead of the bad ass war on titan vet shit.
>Implying Space Lion wasn't one of the best tracks in the show.

>five songs
>posts six
Also you left out Piano Bar I and Black Coffee.

I don't hate Ed but I found the other more interesting because were conflicted, adults and their interpersonal relationships.
Also it amazes me how growing up I shifted from preferring Spike to preferring Jet.

Dandy > Bebop

what was the narrative reason that he had to turn into a woman? like what was the point

Where is Spokey Dokey?

Also, is Road to the West Blade Runner-ey?

But the what fuck was the point of the tranny faggot anyway?
He was under the impression that he's gonna get dat vicious cock but he got trolled since vicious ain't no degenerate fag and shot and died like a bitch

>26 eps and a movie

I never got why they didn't milk this more. Like a prequel series, or a sequel series where the gang tries to keep up with spike dead.

>Sup Forums

wow, yet another "Sup Forums retarded shitposting crossposter outs himself accidentally" episode. Epic!

fuck off

There's a reason a majority of adult-oriented anime is moe. It's where you inevitably end up if you keep watching the stuff. Take it as a warning if anything, this has been well-known on Sup Forums for a decade now.

You know Jojo is shounen, right? It's literally a children's anime.

The episode is older than this bullshit you uttr imbecile, and Gren condition is depicted as miserable.
For one, the episode would be considered problematic now.

This, but Space Dandy sucks.

>moe

I'm saying the episode was fucking pointless
The tranny faggot story didn't have a fucking payoff
I'm not criticizing the space lion sequence, they could've used it another episode
Like in the second last one where Julia dies

You got em !!! bebop roxs my socks!

>jojochild in charge of having watched more than 3 anime

Boogie Woogie was there, along with th x-fianc episode, to show why Jet will look after Faye and what will happen when Spike is gone.

Showing how completely Vicious' betrayal destroyed his life. It wasn't enough that he was jailed for nothing, he turned into a half man half woman freak.
He didn't want to fuck Vicious, he just wanted to know why he would betray him like that. They were comrades, brothers in arms who owed each other their lives. How could you betray someone like that?

>Think CB it's about a ratpack of chicken dinner winners
>It's a bunch of starving losers

You lied to me.

>KyoAni invented moe
wat, they invented cheap moe, not moe per se.

Jesus christ these anime illiterates...

>problematic
>wouldn't be made nowadays
>didn't even show his nipples, just cleavage
>meanwhile recently anime is full of "draw a girl, it's actually a boy" trap faggotry
Yeah fuck off tumblr

>literally a children's anime
shounen just means aimed at boys ages 8 to 18
Even death note qualifies as shounen

>meme image

Thanks for your input.

Life is difficult for all of us. Sometimes in this fucked up world we just want to see cute things. It reminds me of the story of how medieval soldiers would have paintings on the back of their shields. With all the horrors of war and all the intermittent moments of lax they had something they could look at and it would bring them happy thoughts.

He didnt turn into a woman, he just grew tits
And the narrative reason why is because Vicious set him up for crime and while he was imprisoned the prison was using experimental drugs on the inmates to make them easier to handle and one of the side effects was completely fucking up his hormone balance

Just another part of the ways in which he was fucked up by the betrayal of Vicious. He got experimented on in prison. He also didn't get "turned into a woman," he just grew a pair of tits.

>Didn't have a payoff
>It was obviously a parallel to Spike's story, showing a character that was deep in his need for vengeance whose past had irrevocably altered him, right down to his physical state.
>The ending sequence implies the spirit will finally be free on death, as what happens to Spike later.
>Gets further mirrored in the movie with Vincent.

It's almost like it's a theme of the show or something.

How can you be so fucking wrong?
Bebop is my all time favourite and I couldn't stand Dandy except for 1 or 2 episodes.
It is absolute trash.

You are the usual imbecile that looks at the finger.
Problematic because the genre transitions is shown as suffering and as a torture you shallow piece of shit.

Yeah

Children

never got the point of doing 'hd remasters' to old anime.
It's not like the drawn lines are any clearer.

so children then you mong

death note is a children's anime.

GIVE ME MORE FMP, YOU FUCKS.

>why they didn't milk this more
Some directors have integrity

>cheap moe
Huh?

You are american, am I right?

>boogie woogie was there to show why jet will look after Faye
Nah, I don't buy it
It was a dropped plot line
Probably jet's pedo romance with the Loki (the bebop crew even joke about it in the episode) or backstory of jet's vendetta against the so mentioned crime syndicate
This episode has one of his only kills

The ex-fiancé episode starts off so slow, but damn is the payoff worth it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4TDBXebWc
Music starts playing. Jet is completely stonefaced during the chase, no matter what they throw at him. Finally catches up, holding the new boyfriend by the collar as he pleads and struggles. Still completely stonefaced as he knocks him to the ground.

Animation nowdays came cheaper than previous years because of costs. They not only put the animation into other countries (China, Korea) but use lower techniques of animations, lining and color palettes because money reasons.

I'm talking about 2D animation of course

Movie did it better then
The episode was fucking unnecessary

>jet's pedo romance
Spikes joke is that she's to old if that was the case

But KyoAni shows are animated in-house and look gorgeous.

Nothing will top the Green Bird scene

youtu.be/gKrkQUBysMk

>spike dies
>ed leaves
>faye leaves

Damn, jet's gonna get pretty bored

My jet black martian.

While this is largely true, Kyoani isn't the right studio to complain about. They have a decently high standard for animation and artwork.

The image posted up there is a massive bait pile anyway.

You see "pedo romance", I see "dad complex".
This is why it will work with Faye on the long run.

>read for years about how Cowboy Bebop has a confusing and ambiguous ending
>finally get around to watching the series
>the ending is about as clear cut and simple as it could possibly have been
What was supposed to be ambiguous, did I miss something

Faye comes back.
It always made me sad that the two remaining characters were the two who profoundly didn't get along. Spike and Faye get into fights and everything, but she clearly cares for him. Jet and Faye are just polar opposites.
Makes you wonder how long she'd stick around after the finale, and what Jet would do going forward.

>tfw spaghetti western gets mixed into your sci fi kung fu crime drama
youtube.com/watch?v=sJ6a5kjR3sc

>The ex-fiancé episode starts off so slow, but damn is the payoff worth it.
Absolutely. Is on of many memorable moments.

>faye leaves
No.

Also forgot to mention. I hate GitS but Ghost Urn is made by the same guy and is one of my favorite series. It's basically GitS for otaku weebshitters. imo the best soundtrack in anime and I watch a lot.

There's a bunch of people that insist Spike didn't die at the end

Maybe I should have said about KyoAni that they are the most succeeding promotor of the new image of moe last decade.

Is the movie worth watching?

It's just different than how things tend to end in western fiction.

If you want confusing and/or ambiguous things in your entry level anime, go for Utena, Evangelion, Texhnolyze, or Berserk.

>Is the movie worth watching?

Absolutely.

It's pretty fun
It's not as nuanced or emotional as the show but it's still worth a watch

And it's glorious.
I was whistling that tune for years.

Sure. I don't like it as much as the series though.

Already in Jupiter Jazz Spike jokes on Jet that faye is "his" woman (contrasted with the fake "Julia" of the episode).
And "my funny valentine" we see the kind of men Faye REALLY wants. Jey is perfect with that.
And the "broken bird looking for an home" is a well-hidden aspect of Faye.
In "toys in the attic" is implied in the poker that now the sexual tension shifted at last in part toward Jet.

People did see Spike + Faye as the alpha couple because expected Bebop to behave like a standard anime.