Does anyone know if you cut the television part of cable bill it would make the bill cheaper...

Does anyone know if you cut the television part of cable bill it would make the bill cheaper? Just paid 240 bill and the fucks aren't giving any premium channels or anything like that and the only things I really need are internet and phone.

I have had Comcast for 10 years and I can say that I have never completely removed cable tv from my service because it's cheaper to have it than not. Probably depends on your provider if you'll save money.

> people still pay for television

Hhhhahhahhhhahhahhhahahahaha

Are you over 50 or just straight up stupid?

I pay $19.99/month for unlimited internet at 5Mbps. I get literally everything in existence for no extra cost and no ads. I don't know anyone who has a "cable bill" anymore. Everyone uses their phone or pc.

>Comcast

>anything except internet
dedicated landlines are for businesses and TV is a total fucking scam to get ads playing inside your home

And even internet can be done away with if you have a smartphone with a decent connection and unlimited data, they've removed almost all instances of unlimited data here because people were using it for everything,

instead of innovating and filling niches they skew the system so you're forced to use legacy systems and equipment. boy, i love the future so fucking much.
ugh

In my area, here's how I dropped my costs.
Originally was paying $180mo with AT&T cable and internet, then dropped cable and kept the internet which was 12mbps/unlimited use at $80mo, got on a promotion with AT&T at $70mo (18mbps/100gb per mo.)
Just recently dropped AT&T alltogether for Spectrum internet $50 per month (taxes/fees included) for 100mbps/1tb of use per month.

Why the fuck do you still need a land line phone?

>5mbps

perfectly acceptable for 20 bucks a month

>data caps
Gross

OP is definite a 50+ white suburban male with a possible wife and at least one child who lurks Sup Forums waiting for Cunny threads.

Nigger I'm paying 40 a month for 100/30

show me your plan on your provider's website

Call your cable company or go to their website. Why are you asking Sup Forums?

Literally just spectrum

tfw my boomer parents pay like $200+ and only watch the news channels

literally we shouldn't be giving money to these people

Where?

i googled 'spectrum' and i got a lot of autism-related things, so i'll accept that response

autist

I recently dropped my cable from the retarded bloated package I had down to just basic local channels and now I pay only $80/mo for 50mbps internet+local channels.
I would've dropped cable entirely but you can't get unlimited data through ATT without having some sort of TV plan through them apparently.
Can't wait for fiber internet to come to my area.

I hooked up my dad up with an over the air HD antenna for his local news and a hacked Vudu box to get him everything else, same setup I use. Get everything for basically nothing.

>you can't get unlimited data through ATT without having some sort of TV plan through them apparently.

because they know full well people with just unlimited internet are getting their TV fix online and they can't have you progressing past TV (as it once was) when they have cable boxes sitting around waiting to be used

This. I think I save my parents anywhere from 200-400 a month because of all the random ass calls I've made to all of our providers. Hell, I even got them monthly discounts on their electricity bill.

>I pay $19.99/month for unlimited internet at 5Mbps.

that sort of speed shouldn't be allowed in current year, why do burgers put up with this?

my provider doesn't offer slower than 50, ok it's more expensive than yours, but that shit is stoneage.

Aside from people who frequently play online games, that speed is perfectly acceptable for that price.

Additionally, you know europoors have the best Internet in the world, right?

I pay $70 for 75 down/25 up and it comes with basic cable. It's cheaper than going with the internet only package that gives the same speed.

>240

m8 where the hell are you, I pay 150 per month for a land line, unlimited high speed fibre optic internet and a serious cable package that includes 10 sports channels and 10 movie channels including HBO and all kinds of other on demand type stuff. and i live in Canada which is notoriously expensive when it comes to stuff like that.

>that speed is perfectly acceptable for that price

lol 5MB/s is africa tier shit. Barely broadband at all.

I just wish I lived in a google fiber area

That's ridiculously cheap. You're either lying or Canada is just inexpensive as hell when it comes to cable.