What were you doing when 9/11 happened and what was your immediate reaction?

What were you doing when 9/11 happened and what was your immediate reaction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PxxLYQXYq_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=oNjyh7cRNv4
youtube.com/watch?v=WoDQCEnrckU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was 5 at moms house and I thought I was watching one hell of a movie on TV it was only a few weeks later I realized this shit was real and serious.

Watching the t.v. as the mossad crashed the planes into the towers.

I was 3 so I don't know, probably eating yoghurt or some shit.

>what were you doing when 9/11 happened
Watching a Presidential campaign collapse, both figuratively and literally.
>what was your immediate reaction
Praise kek and shitpost on Sup Forums.

confusion
fear
worry for my friend's dad

He didn't make it.

Worked s night shift, slept through it all, woke up and looked at the TV and said "Wow, they really are getting good with CGI, what movie is this?"

Then slow disbelief, then rage. I distinctly remember being convinced the Palestinians were responsible

>I distinctly remember being convinced the Palestinians were responsible

Sitting in first grade watching it on the TV in our classroom.

>Sup Forums existing in 2001
Wew lad.

I heard about it on the radio on my way to school. Everyone was convinced WW III was about to start and attacks would continue with the president being assassinated etc. We spent the whole school day glued to the news

laughed and fired an arrow to the sky with my mongol bow

Lurk more you colossal spastic

Earth science 9th grade, upstate NY hour away.
First initial thought.. "lol".

At the dermatologist.

heard on radio. Like everyone else figured it was a cessna.

did your teachers carry on that day?

I heard a lot of women teachers didn't show it because muh feelins

Glad my teachers had the news on the whole time.

I was playing Doom.
youtube.com/watch?v=PxxLYQXYq_Q

i was praying to kek in a dumpster

i was 14 (i'd turn 15 about 2 weeks later) and in grade 10. i can't remember what class i was in, or how i found out.

I was pinning hillary cue cards to the bulletin board

Was like 5 or 6 at the time and all I knew about US history was the revolution, so I figured the Brits did it.

i was sleeping. i didn't had class on that morning ( i live on the same time zone of the ny), and my older brother (i had 10, and him 12) entered screaming on my room saying some plane hit some high bulding on US. I said him fuck off, let me sleep your fucking my-mom-found-you-on-the-garbage. So, my free morning is already ruined, so i get out to the bed and get on front of TV. None of us didn't believed in our own eyes. Besides our low age, we imediatly understood this was history being write on the front of us.

11th grade, in geography class. Instantly bloomed my hatred for Islamic scum.

I was asleep when my dad woke me up to go to school being around 10 years old I bet he didn't know how to tell me but he just said in a calm voice, "look I need to let you know that something bad happen in new York, plane hit a building and alot of people are hurt, I'm telling you this because alot of people will be talking about this and I don't want you to be confused about this.". After watching the towers on fire and them galling I really didn't feel anything at all. Idk why maybe I was to young. I also remember being at school and saying " it looked cool when it fell" to wich my friends said " dude that's not cool man" I never said that again haha

isn't it past your bedtime little boy?

9 years old, about to leave for school with my mom and sisters.

I was confused by my mom's level of shock because I had seen on TV before buildings that were on fire and billowing smoke way worse. I didn't understand what the big deal was.

I remember being poses cause they cancelled cheese tv that day

I was watching cartoons, the BREAKING NEWS came on so I went to take a shit.

4th grade, went home early, proceeded to not give a shit.

I still don't. Fuck world trade.

I was fighing off the TV licence enforcement squad with a bicycle wheel.

salute to yo m8.

this was a long time ago, so my memory doesn't serve me fully
>west coast fag
>towers struck before me or any of my brothers are awake
>mom goes to all the bedrooms, waking everyone, saying "America is under attack" like it's pearl harbor or something
>we all sit around the tv, see the second tower get hit live
>see both towers fall live
>still don't understand why my mom was crying as much as she was

Sitting in fifth grade class. My teacher turned it on after the first plane hit. The second plane hit and my buddy yelled "Wez all gonna die", from South Park. Went home and watched news coverage for hours and I remember being amazed that Mtv was showing news instead of their normal trash.

skipping school, found out about the attacks on altavista.com.

Thank you for the whimsical, meme-filled image you've planted in my mind.

people who were 5 then are 20 now :^)

Seriously:

I was at work, at a help desk, talking to a property manager because their server was coughing up hrbls and about to die. He said a plane had hit the WTC, and I was like, "that's fucking strange." Then, still on the call, he eventually said the second one had hit, and I said, "yeah, that's some terrorist shit." Didn't think about it, it just came out.

Then everyone started freaking out.

It was holiday here in my city. I was playing Unreal Tournament.

I was in 8th grade and had no idea anything was amiss until I got to school and everyone was freaking out, I had no idea what was going on so I just went to class like normal. There were only like 4 or 5 other kids there and we all just sort of awkwardly sat at our desks. My teacher came in and calmly asked if we were okay and if we had any questions, then he calmly explained what had happened, asked if any of us wanted to call our parents for a ride home. I grew up in a really abusive household and didn't want to go home, so I stayed with one other kid and the teacher just sat there with us and made sure we were okay. I was confused for a couple of days, just watching all the adults lose their shit. I do remember a week or so later a plane flew over head (I was living in LA) and everyone stopped what they were doing and watched it fly by, like they expected it to slam into a building.

Fuckin A, Brazil. Reading this gave me a headache.

youtube.com/watch?v=oNjyh7cRNv4

i were 9 i think. just came home from school and saw it on tv.

>I was 3 so I don't know
>Sitting in first grade
>Was like 5 or 6
Fucking millennials.

Did you have History written on the front of you? I can imagine that would give anyone a headache.

I was six, watching it with my family. Got to take that school day off. Shit was so cash.

I was watching morning news on TV while eating breakfast and preparing to go to my university classes.

The news show cut to footage of the towers right after the first plane hit. At first, I thought the plane must have been some small two-person air craft that had a catastrophic mechanical failure or that a lone pilot became unconscious and hit the towers just by chance, or that.

The reporters were saying it was an intentional attack after the first plane hit, but I was skeptical, still thinking it must have been an accident. But when the second plane hit on live footage, I knew it was an intentional act, but had no idea who was behind it. Despite this, I wasn't worried for my safety in the least.

I turned off the TV and went to classes for the entire day, mostly forgetting about what I saw on the TV. At the end of the day of classes, some students and a history professor were watching a TV screen, and I stopped to see what was going on. The history professor said that he thought it was a terrorist act orchestrated by Saddam Hussein. I was surprised to learn that the towers had actually collapsed. I thought that the firefighters would have been able to put out the fires and save the building, since the towers looked structurally sound minutes after the planes hit them.

I was a completely blue-pilled person on 9/11.

It interrupted my digimon rerun so I was upset to not be watching my japanese animes.

I was a sperm swimming in my dad's ball sack

At university closing time walking out saw doorman watching newscast. My precise words:"What kind of terrorist organization could have trained pilots?"

That sucks brother. My dad was there too and I also was worried. All cell phone service in NY was fucked and bridges and trains were stopped. He walked to the ferry and caught a cab home to tell us he was okay. His clothes were covered in ash too.

I was in high school, all classes had to stop and watch the news. I was mostly confused as to why something like this would happen. Started digging on the internet (it was fairly new back then) looking for the truth of the matter. It was really the beginning of my long and slow journey to becoming redpilled.

I was only 3

>What were you doing when 9/11 happened
Sitting in 2nd grade learning to write a book report while picking my nose
>what was your immediate reaction?
"I'd better hide my gameboy pet under the desk so the teacher doesn't see it"

>surprised that (((Murray Rothstein)))-owned MTV was broadcasting 9/11 coverage

jerking off

ejaculation.

I was 11, and annoyed that my usual cartoons weren't on. I figured people died all the time, who gives a shit about 2000 more why does it have to be on every channel?

im glad some schools actually talked to the kids about. I heard from some that they just carried on as usual and didnt watch or discuss it.

Probably from some women administrator no doubt.

8th grade health class. I still remember the next day at gym class when our gym teacher was giving us a serious talk about manning up because we were probably gonna be drafted in the future

i was already 14 at the time and i was in a shopping mall at the time

they had some big ass fucking screen and everyone stopped shopping and a few hundred people watched the 2nd plane hit and people were saying "ooOoOoOh"

lmao

at the time i dindtk now what the WTC even is but i knew it was a big deal .. i went home and watched the coverage unfold all day

2-3 days later the conspiracy theories were already all over the internet

gr8 time

you guys are all way too young and will never know how it changed the whole world

life wasnt the same after 9/11.

Really makes me think how everything can shift through 1 event.

Made me feel like im living in a parallel universe

Mods

Sleeping. Asshole roomate wakes me up 5 minutes before my alarm clock. Blah blah planes blah WTC
me
>fucking japs again
>now close my door asshole
>university cancels classes
>could have slept all day

Are you over 35? If not, you're a millenial too big boy.

>walk into 7th grade history class
>television in corner of room turned on
>one tower smoking on screen
>"Holy shit."
>sit down
>other students arrive most with similar reactions
>entire class period spent almost silently watching CNN
>5 minutes before end of class, second plane approaches
>teacher quietly drops f-bomb
>entire class still silent

I was in the 9th grade getting ready for school. I don't remember my reaction. I went to school and they sent us all home.

I only remember seeing it a couple of hours after on TV. Didn't give 1 singe fuck

I was 5 years old. Didn't realize what was going on until I got back home from kindergarten and my mother and grandmother were watching footage of burning towers on our TV. I thought it was cool.

I didn't know about it until the end of the school day when someone mentioned it in class. Pretty sure I watched tower 7 collapse live.

I was in elementary school and pissed because i was the only kid whose parents did not take him out of school. My teacher pulled me to the side and told me my dad was dead. Good times.

I was in seventh grade. The first plane hit while I was in gym class and didn't hear about it until the next period. During english we watched the news until the first tower collapsed. During social studies the teacher talked about the kinds of people who wanted this to happen. I think that was a defining point in my life. The one point where I can look back and say that's where my patriotism started. That's where my contempt for the sand monkeys worshiping their space rock began.

I was sleeping. My immediate thought was questioning why my mom was so panicked then I thought maybe I don't have to go to school today. I was in sixth grade so it took a few days to understand the impact.

>What were you doing when 9/11 happened
Sleeping because class at 10am
>what was your immediate reaction?
I thought: "don't pilots usually avoid buildings?"

I got ready for class, and on my way to class, I found other students just standing in the common areas watching TV's, and some girls were crying, etc... and thought that was the strangest thing to happen all day.

>t.oldfag in denial

About to head to school, woke up late anyway, my mom was watching it on tv and tells me not to go to school.
I'm like fuck yeah I play games today.

>our gym teacher was giving us a serious talk about manning up because we were probably gonna be drafted

Did you man up and fight that fake war for silly reasons?

I was in the pub with a couple of college bros and my spreadsheet design tutor, we where all avoiding our spreadsheet design lecture. I was taking a piss and overheard some guy talking about it on the phone. I thought he was talking about Red Alert 2.
The next day there was a very noticable divide between the white and brown students at college.

Eating breakfast before going to middle school. My family hadn't heard anything until my sister's friend showed up to drive to school.

I was 16 and just woke up bout to get ready for school when I saw the coverage on tv, I thought to myself "Holy shit what is this movie, looks alright"
Then I realized it was real, for whatever reason school was cancelled that day, thanks burgers for getting me a day off :D

I was in music class in the 5th grade (probably playing around with the fucking recorder) when they told us about it.

Pretty much everybody went home early that day.

I did. I don't regret it. We should still be there reforming the entire region.

Woke up, mom turns on news scared
My brother and I were eating poptarts.
I don't recall anyone at school really putting that much care into it either cause didn't want to spread fear or just didn't know yet. I know we saw a recap the next day though.

>live in PST
>mfw faggots try to get glory/pity points by saying that they were in class watching it live
"It happened at like 5-7AM for us stop lying..."

Millennials were born between 1984 and 1999.

I was about to finish my shift at my cousin's bar, we were just two bartenders, we were cleaning the bar, it was like 6'o clock, tv on with some random channel, then got interrupted by the news flash. Saw the footage and uttered 4 words in unison with the other guy: Holy mother of god... Then closed the bar and went to my house. Couldn't sleep that day.

>All these 30 year olds
Fuck are you doing on a taiwaneese cartoon forum?

>be 11
>be at school
>didn't care much
>until a video changed everything

youtube.com/watch?v=WoDQCEnrckU

Upstairs, went to watch TV, went ohmahgawd, went to school, we had a moment of silence, the topic sort of drew a dark cloud over the day, and nobodys head was really in class, most of the adults and smarter kids knew that war was coming.

Also have a very distinctive memory of listening to it on the radio after school.

If you guys want to play a game in this thread play

"Which time zone does this user live in?"

Falling to my death

I was 17 the first time I saw this comic, I'm 25 now

>knew that war was coming

So, you are cucked to a point when you just know you're gonna fight fsomeone else's war ?

I was 9, and I didn't really pay attention. Was told that some of our parents might be gone for a while (we were on an Army base). Was like wtf is happening.

Was sleeping in. College roommate woke me up after first tower fell. Went to campus (pointless, no one got anything done). Remember campus being very quiet.

Wanted all Muslims to suffer. Still do.

Westcoastfag, sleeping before 8th grade. Woke up shortly after the 2nd plane hit. Mom was hysterical, I had no idea what the fuck was up.

Talked about it in class for a while. Teacher compared it to Pearl Harbor. Pizza pockets for lunch.

It was a good day.

Wasn't even a question in Canada, honestly, nobody was asking "Will we join the US in retaliating against whoever did this".

It was more "Who are we gonna hit?"

Maybe you're an underage B& that doesn't remember it, but I've never in my life seen people unite behind and sympathize with America as much as they did immediately after 9/11.

Thank you for your service bro. What's it like over there? How ass backwards is it?

>sleeping. roommate woke up and told me
>JEWS

>muh tower
>still not realized it was inside job

no meme here, it was 100% inside job

Bummer.

I've never met anyone with any kind of 9/11 connection in person. Know anyone else involved?

Islam has no part in our western Society.