Why didn’t fredo use gandalf’s eagles to reach volcano faster?

Why didn’t fredo use gandalf’s eagles to reach volcano faster?

not tax deductible

Eagles don't generally fraternize with blacks or jews

They would have been shot out of the sky and dropped the ring straight into Mordor where it's easy pickin's for Sauron

that was the plan, user
"fly you fools"
Gandalf couldn't tell anyone
or even think about it
the other ring-keepers can see his mind

eagles can't be trusted with such things

I'm pretty sure they can fly higher than any arrow could reach them

Why didn't they just pull him up?

>most evil and devious wizard is called "the white"

Really makes one think, fellas.

>turns out he was just disguised as white, but was actually the multi-colored
Really gets me ol' noggin joggin'

that wizard eventually turns grey and his true spirit is summoned in the new gandalf "the white"
whats your point?

Would the ring work if you put it on your toe?

what about your cock?

archers

why dont you at least ask a semi original question you fucktard

what was the eagles' tax plan??

>sneaky stealth mission with a group of great warriors, a literal demigod, 2 comic relief characters, 1 ring carrier who takes ring debuffs, 1 bitchboy to ring carrier

vs

>getting the otherwise arrogant and proud eagles to help humans (a species they've hunted sometimes) to risk their lives flying the most dangerous piece of jewelery into almost certain death with a high failure rate (nazgul and their riders + whatever orcs managed to learn how to ride the flying beasts) in which covering/backing up the ring bearer is much harder in the air than on the ground in which if said mission fails, the entirety of middle earth is doomed whilst involving a bunch of species who basically hate eachother or are painfully borderline disliked-neutral to eachother.

What was Gandalf's beef with Balrog?

Why didn't gandalf just wizard up an AC-130?

well they`re both in the same league and it was his only chance at getting xp to level up to become white

Why didn't Gandalf just grind XP from the Wargs instead?

wanted his prize money

low xp
Balrog also had better drops
white robe and a new white staff

There was no need. Time was not an issue. If it had been the Fellowship wouldn't have dragged its feet leaving Rivendell or have taken a month's vacation in Lothlorien.

All that mattered was secrecy. It was absolutely imperative that Sauron be given no indication of the ring's true destination. Sauron believed (and rightly so) that no one could withstand the ring's corrupting influence. He hadn't even considered that anyone could try to destroy the ring. If he had he would have taken the relatively simple step of sealing the entrance to the forge. The ring could only be unmade there mind you, it couldn't simply be dropped into the caldera. It had to be in the forge room to be destroyed.

Wouldn't he have gotten more money from Vega?

Why didn't they build taller walls?

Nazgul

>Yet the white wizard saves them all

Wouldn't have even been an issue

nazgul had air to air sorceries

why didn't sauron win?

There are literally no plot holes in LOTR

unironically this

everything you idiots think is a plothole is because of Hackson's fuckery

But muh eagles?

explain why aragorn decided not to use the invicible ghost army oathworn to him to attack mordor?

>we repledge loyalty to the king!
>...but only for one battle

Why didn't Gondor delay the battle for as long as possible and just wait for the ghosts to do all the work instead of sacrificing lives?

If Hobbits have a resistance to the ring's corruption, why did Smeogol go crazy instantly?

Do they? I thought it had more to do with individual personality, but I suppose Hobbits being a secluded countryside race who value nature and peace over mechanization and power does help.

Smeagol wasn't a Hobbit as we know them, he was part of a sub-race of Hobbits (can't remember the name) who lived in a different, distant part of the Shire and kept to themselves and had different values. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Also, his progression to complete craziness happened over decades, it's just the murder of his friend in order to get the Ring that was so instant. Perhaps the Ring, after having lied in that creek for centuries had a burst of power and influence at this rare and long-awaited chance at being found again.

Nazgûls with fellbeasts would get them instantly and Sauron would see them for miles coming. Frodo was the option because hobbits are stealthy.

Michael wouldn't allow it.

They are both of the same species (Maia), so Gandalf felt it was his duty to take him down because nobody else could.

Why didn't Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel, Radagast and those Blue Wizards work together and use all their might, magic, authority and wit to persuade Tom Bombadil to destroy the Ring? He could've done it easily.

I know Bombadil doesn't care for such things, but if they threatened to burn down his forest he'd probably cave in and just waltz up to Mount Doom and chuck the Ring in the fire.

why doenst gandalf look like a giant rock monster?

Why didn't they keep the ring inside some crystal flask or glass orb to keep it away from touch?

Gandalf can only do what the Valar allow him to, the Balrogs are rogue Maiar that only obey Morgoth, so they take whatever form they want.

The reason why they wanted to destroy the ring was not only because they didn´t want Sauron to get it, but also because Sauron was already winning even without the ring, and destroying the ring was the only way to kill Sauron.

Why didn't Gimli ask for a footjob instead of Galadriel's hair?

Tolkien was pretty redpilled. Funny as that is though I don't think it was intended as he did his best to keep politics out of his stories completely

"Redpilled" doesn't mean having an outlook that was socially acceptable for the time, retard.

He's actually 'of many colours'

I laughed but also my dick moved a little

I always thought because Smeagol took the ring through death and covetous greed, the effects of corruption on someone who obviously was already pretty messed up were more pronounced.

Frodo was a good shire-boy with more than a little of Bilbo's genetic tendency for heroism and he wanted no part in the ring except for what he must and in order to save the land he loved. Even during the Council he did it only because he saw no other way and knew it should be his burden.

To be fair, he probably would've gotten one. Galadriel giving him three of her hairs is like the ultimate gift in the Tolkienverse, nothing surpasses it. If she was willing to give him that, she'd probably be willing to give him a footjob.
Wouldn't surprise me if Gimli sneaked off at night when they were camping and masturbated using those hairs though.

>Tolkien was pretty redpilled.
Get your head out of your fucking ass Sup Forums.

>"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long." ― Letter 61 — Written to Christopher Tolkien who was stationed in South Africa during World War II

>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White." ― From a Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford in 1959

>"I must say that the enclosed letter from Rutten & Loening is a bit stiff. Do I suffer this impertinence because of the possession of a German name, or do their lunatic laws require a certificate of arisch origin from all persons of all countries? ... Personally I should be inclined to refuse to give any Bestätigung (although it happens that I can), and let a German translation go hang. In any case I should object strongly to any such declaration appearing in print. I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine." ― Letter 29 — Tolkien's German publishers had asked whether he was of Aryan origin

>"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace." ― The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"

Because you don't want to anger an invincible ghost army that despite helping you win one battle could turn and betray you, because they are a literal army of turncloaks

He was busy getting killed by Michael for betraying the family.

Smeagol also was a different kind of Hobbit, one that was closer to men, while shire folk are closer to elves. Hence he was more easily corrupted.

I didn't know that, thanks for the knowledge.

Why didn't they use a catapult? Hurl the ring OVER Sauron's defenses!

jfc where did you get this shit from. Tolkien's "on Hobbits" writings on the Hobbit ethnicities says nothing about one group being more mannish or Elvish fuck off. And Elves are not magically resistant to corruption either.

He's an uninformed wikifag don't listen to a fucking thing he says. These threads are always polluted by retards who learned everything they know about the legendarium from Peter Jackson, video games, and poorly edited and uncited lotr wiki articles written by equally uninformed fags such as yourselves. My complete set of the histories and I say fuck off to you all.

Well with two opposing statements I suppose the only logical thing to do is access the source material directly and educate myself free from bias. I'll do my own reading and find out if what either of you say is true. Either way, thanks for the input.

Start with "On Hobbits," I think it's in the preface to LotR, otherwise it's in the appendices. That should be the bit that goes over the three Hobbit ethnicities and whatnot.

Pretty sure he would hate niggers if he lived today.

Why didn't Faramir get corrupted by the ring? Why not let him take it to Mordor?

He could've asked them for one final battle before releasing them from their oath? They seemed pretty set on wanting to be released so I think they'd be more likely to accept to fight one more time rather than staying undead forever. And they'd never harm Aragorn since he's the only person who could release them.

It's all arbitrary though since the final fight at the gates of Mordor would've been even more boring than it was if the ghost army swept through and killed all the Orcs in a matter of seconds.

It's true though that Smeagol was a Stoor, a species of Hobbit different from Bilbo and Frodo, and they did share more characteristics with Men. This could explain why he was more easily corrupted by the Ring, since Men were also more easily corrupted.
The stuff about Shire Hobbits being close to Elves and Elves being more resistant to the Ring is bullshit though, don't know where he got that from.

bury the ring idiots

NONE OF THIS HAPPENED IN THE BOOK YOU FAGGOTS.

The ghost army never showed up at the battle of Pelennor fields and it wouldn't have mattered if they did because, as ghosts, they were incorporeal and couldn't actually physically harm anyone.

>This could explain why he was more easily corrupted by the Ring, since Men were also more easily corrupted.

No, that's bullshit too. All Hobbits are offshoots of men, no group is more mannish than the other. They're not separate "species" either they're racial groupings. Smeagol was corrupted so easily because he was a mentally unhinged autistic Hobbit.

He was a stuffy liberal academic who was always treated as an outsider by the establishment for being Catholic. He absolutely would not have.

Yes he would.

I haven't read the book in years but I watch the films every year, so some stuff gets mixed up in my head.
Am I right in saying that in the book the ghost army was just used to kill the people on the fleet of ships so that Aragorn and the Dunedain could commandeer them?

>Smeagol was corrupted so easily because he was a mentally unhinged autistic Hobbit.
This. It depends on the person in question. I think Hobbits in general are more resilient to the corruption, but Smeagol was already fucked up in the head when the Ring came to him.

>hobbits
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
E
D

The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long."

>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White."

Yes Sup Forums surely someone so disgusted by the treatment of black people in his native country half a century ago would be totally redpilled today, right.

kek

Take anybody from that period and show them contemporary niggers in the US or SA.
They will hate them, the worst racists are the ones who had their liberal worldviews destroyed by facing harsh reality.

>m I right in saying that in the book the ghost army was just used to kill the people on the fleet of ships so that Aragorn and the Dunedain could commandeer them?

Not even to kill them. It says "their only weapon was terror." Their ghost swords and whatever had no "bite." They spooked some superstitious pirates off their boats allowing Aragorn, the Dunedain, and the Gondorian soldiers they gathered to finish the pirates off and take their ships.

Jackson overemphasized the shortage of soldiers at Helm's Deep to up the drama. In the original Gondor was much more underhanded at its capital city because most of Gondor's soldiers who tied up along the coasts protecting from the incessant pirate raids. With the ghosts Aragorn was able to kill two birds with one stone.

I haven't watched these movies in 4 years, which version should I download? I know the theatrical cut has better pacing and colors, but maybe there's some fanedit that gives me the best of both.

An Irish Jew, the ultimate trickster.

what authority does the village of Bree answer to?

what is that person's tax policy?

A big thing in general in Middle Earth is neutrality in its D&D 'true neutral' form.

A lot of entities could have done certain things, they don't because they don't want to.

Tom Bombadil (who doesn't belong anyway because he's doll but really an opportunity to get all Green Man hey-nonny-nonny Merrye Englande on everyone's ass) could have walked the ring into Mordor and nobody could have stopped him. He didn't because, like it says, he'd have ended up just leaving it somewhere out of pure disinterest. But he isn't really a character, he's an embodiment of something, its like asking the wind to take it.

There are a lot of versions of neutral, I think its one of themes really but I don't know why, perhaps just to contrast good and evil.
Radaghast goes native and becomes unduly neutral and its a baddish thing, Treebeard stops being neutral and its a goodish thing, Tom is pleasant enough in a terrifyingly impersonal neutrality and thats just how nature is. The giant eagles are neutral but recognise Gandalf as a friend which is I think their only motivation.

I guess in his cosmology of Middle Earth nature is clearly important to him (Scouring of the Shire) but he sees it as an impersonal force as well.

Bree and the Shire are part of Arnor, Gondor's sister kingdom. After the ring was destroyed Aragorn rebuilt Arnor's capital and assimilated the kingdom.

Cheers for reminding me. It really did feel forced how Jackson made Gondor look like it had about 100 soldiers standing between them and Mordor. Obviously done so the arrival of reinforcements would make for greater drama.
>Helm's Deep
I assume you made a mistake there. Unless you're referring to how Jackson changed the Helm's Deep battle by putting a random army of Elves there to help out.

The Extended Edition, always. Fuck pacing, the EE has a lot of great scenes that were cut and you should really allow yourself to see all of what's in the films.

>But he isn't really a character, he's an embodiment of something, its like asking the wind to take it.

Pretty much this. I've always considered Tom to be a fae or an avatar of nature or something. That would account for him being older than Sauron, which he couldn't actually be because the Ainur were the first of Eru's creation. But if Tom were created with Arda and existed as a part of it before any of the Ainur came to dwell there from the outside he would be older, in a sense.

>I assume you made a mistake there.

Nah, Tolkien skimmed the battle in a few pages and he didn't really emphasize the shortage of manpower as he did with that at Minas Tirith. Jackson added the stuff with 10 year olds being given swords and whatever as padding. And yeah, the Elves too.