Wait, is it?

Wage Gap,

Is this actually a meme? I have sign in my apartment complex downstairs that says women earn 77c to every dollar a man makes. I am willing to post up a chart/graph/etc to counter this but I do not have any.

inform me, pol.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/58arQIr882w
youtu.be/1oqyrflOQFc
youtube.com/watch?v=8sJScg78Rlc
youtu.be/hRfERVPq2VE
i.ytimg.com/vi/hRfERVPq2VE/maxresdefault.jpg
forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2016/04/12/dont-buy-into-the-gender-pay-gap-myth/#55c14b204766
washingtonexaminer.com/harvard-prof.-takes-down-gender-wage-gap-myth/article/2580405
fortune.com/2016/04/12/myth-gender-wage-gap/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-the-gender-pay-gap-isnt-a-myth-and-heres-why_us_5703cb8de4b0a06d5806e03f
bls.gov/news.release/pdf/atus.pdf
cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just Google gender wage gap is a myth
It's a myth.

Accounting for job, overtime and time off its more like ninety-97

I'm going to have to agree with OP on this one. I can see how most of the time women are paid less than men.

Now this one I could believe. And experience/time at the same job still isn't accounted for here either.

That is total income. It is technically accurate. However, that is not for 'same work' as feminism bullshit proclaims. Just look up workplace deaths by gender.

And how is that? Are the majority of employers criminals?

youtu.be/58arQIr882w
youtu.be/1oqyrflOQFc

check these videos out

First one is based mom and she is pretty sweet. She stands against what she calls "fainting couch" feminism (3rd wave).

The way they do it is by getting the amount everyone makes, splitting it by gender, and averaging it.
Doesnt account for hours worked. so if women take time off for maternity leave, then they arent getting raises or more skills to further their careers. Small stuff like that is left out

Well I meant to include that also, the rest is because women are pussies and don't ask for raises/ quit under payed jobs

For the most part. They can afford to cut women lower paychecks and they won't speak up.

If the wage gap where true woman would outnumber men in every field they applied to as business owners would be saving on wages thus turning a higher profit. The all jobs comparison is bullshit because of course a Male lawyer is gonna earn more than a female cashier.

Anyone have a dank graphic/chart/etc so I can print it out and put it up to inform public. I am not convinced.

If women are paid less than men, why isnt there any multinational corporation that fully consists of women? It would be cheaper to hire them.

You sure are one lazy faggot

It's not true. Working age single women make as much as or more than men. The only women that make less are women that have children and also work. They make less because they don't put in as many hours as their male counterparts.

Men don't take off tons of time for their children.

I made 8 thousand dollars more than my boss in 2015, despite her having a higher salary, because she was laid up for 16 weeks with a new baby.

Dumb bitch is having another one this year. Fucking workplace is getting full up of these single mothers, why tf does she think she found something special when divorce rates are out of control? Oh wait I guess she's insulated against that statistic, she isn't actually married, now I have to come to work and deal with another woman who won't leave her fucking emotions at the door.

Thanks, Obama.

Just write on it 'how come men still get jobs if women work for less?'

meant this;
for this guy;

it's based on lazy and disingenuous 'analysis' of statistics

youtube.com/watch?v=8sJScg78Rlc

youtu.be/hRfERVPq2VE
another video, this is Stefan Molyneux. has some pretty good stuff but long videos

this is a screenshot i found on google from him in that video above
i.ytimg.com/vi/hRfERVPq2VE/maxresdefault.jpg

Basically it comes down to the life choices that people make for themselves, and how this new 3rd wave feminism tends to put outside blame on things instead of taking responsibility for their actions.
Same with BLM for that matter, they blame the cops instead of the communities that raise the children who become these "thugs" or whatever

That's why women need full paid maternity leave so there is literally zero downside to any given life choice they make.

Read:
forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2016/04/12/dont-buy-into-the-gender-pay-gap-myth/#55c14b204766
washingtonexaminer.com/harvard-prof.-takes-down-gender-wage-gap-myth/article/2580405
fortune.com/2016/04/12/myth-gender-wage-gap/

Then read one of those articles that claim it's not a myth. They ADMIT THAT WOMEN WORK LESS, they are just so delusional and actually believe that women should be paid the same for working less because they take time off for their kids.

Post one of how much Asian women and men make compared to white men.
Then one of how much Jewish men make

do it.

You don't even need a chart, just write a note saying: "If women get a lower wage, why don't businesses hire them to save 20% of their wage expense?"

Then there would actually be a pay gap, because companies would refuse to hire women if they would have to pay them for not showing up.

This is the total amount of wage income earned by men versus women. This doesn't even account for whether or not you have a job, let alone what it is or how many hours you work it.

Quick version: There is an earnings gap, but it's not unfair at all.

There are huge differences in the types of jobs women tend to have, and the hours they tend to work, compared to men. Therefore, men earn more money than women do. More men work, they work more demanding and dangerous, and sometimes just different jobs, and they work more often than women.

If anyone ever tries to tell you there's a "Wage Gap" because of Discrimination, just calmly tell them what I have said an invite them to go online looking for hard numbers which prove you to be correct.

>All full-time working men vs. women
Does not take into account that men and women tend to make different career choices and thus work different jobs which are paid different amounts.

Women earn the same amount of money as men do for the same work.

If women were paid less, than companies would only hire women so they could save money.

If you believe in the wage gap you are incapable if counter-intuitive thought.

for a leftist view huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-the-gender-pay-gap-isnt-a-myth-and-heres-why_us_5703cb8de4b0a06d5806e03f

It's illegal to do that. Men make mode on AVERAGE. Because men have higher paying jobs because men are more motivated to do their jobs due to having a natural advantage of more testetrone. Liberals are stupid so just tell them that was made illegal

Ive got some relevant and sort of contradictary experience in this argument as well. Yearsr ago i worked for ASDA, essentially Walmart (owned by walmart infact) for britain. The policy there was that every body was paid the same as everybody else in the same position, regardless of gender or experience, ie i worked there for almmost 4 years and i was getting paid the same as people that had worked there 4 months and i was also getting paid the same as all the women that worked there. The problem is we had the same job title, men and women that is, and in our job description there was the 'other duties as required' clause. Other duties for women would be things like tidying up aisles putting labels on shit, maybe a bit of sweeping and dusting. Other duties for men was shit like unloading lorries, organizing pallets, general warehousing and heavy lifting. But we where paid the same. A female collegue, notoriously lazy once asked me to get her an empty pallet from the top of a stack, I told her no as we where on the same wage and had the same job, she cried to management and i was given a disciplinary lecture on sexism. Management failed to sea the irony of this.

Just have women create jobs for women only like pic related and let them figure out for themselves why they get paid less.

>bls.gov/news.release/pdf/atus.pdf

>On the days they worked, employed men worked 42 minutes more than employed women. This
difference partly reflects women's greater likelihood of working part time. However, even among
full-time workers (those usually working 35 hours or more per week), men worked longer than
women—8.2 hours compared with 7.8 hours.

>cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/

>tl;dr: women take lower paying jobs, accept low pay, men work more, women work less, etc

Thats the article I just said to read afterwards kek. That article ridicules it self. They admit that women work less, but the author believes that women should be paid the same annual salary for working less because they have to take time off for kids.

There is no "leftist" view on this, there is a right view and a wrong view.

Of course it is you fucking retard, did you actually think that businesses have been legally paying women 25 cents less per dollar compared to a male doing the same job? It's fucking feminazi immuh victim bullshit.

The market doesn't make mistakes. CEOs don't care about "muh feminism." If women were 100% as useful as men, men would only hire women to save money.

They aren't. They are about 79% as useful, and they get what they deserve. /thread

>There is no "leftist" view on this, there is a right view and a wrong view.
good point. i definitely got the feeling of a very emotional woman through her speech and text though. obviously biased.

>Conversely, when more men enter a traditionally female field, wages go up

from the article, anyone have an idea of what jobs she's talking about?

I wonder if inmates and their are accounted for of if they're conveniently left out

I can cherry pick too

Systems Engineer
Female Median Annual Salary: $72,300
Male Median Annual Salary: $71,500

Electrical Engineer
Female Median Annual Salary: $66,000
Male Median Annual Salary: $66,000

Mechanical Engineer
Female Median Annual Salary: $61,100
Male Median Annual Salary: $60,400

Videographer
Female Median Annual Salary: $39,300
Male Median Annual Salary: $38,800

Computer Repair Technician
Female Median Annual Salary: $31,500
Male Median Annual Salary: $31,500

Literally every woman at my job makes more than me because they are offered collateral duties to make up for the fact that they can't keep up with the regular work.

These collateral duties are important for when your review and bonus come up.

Theres my anecdote.

>good point. i definitely got the feeling of a very emotional woman through her speech and text though. obviously biased.
You read the article? The fact that you read it and continued to post it here as if it had even a minuscule amount of merit shows you are incapable of critical thought.

Like I said, her entire argument boils down to her believing that even though women work less, they should be paid as much as men (more than men when adjusted for how much they work) because they have kids. Which is just completely wrong.

by their own logic, the wages would definitely be skewed if not just from the wage difference among black and white men in prison! god this would be gold

Have any sources to back up your claims? Nope you don't.

>two threads about the same shit.

It's almost like you are playing from the same handbook

WOW WHAT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE THAT THERE ARE SLIDE THREADS DURING A DAY OF BAD PRESS FOR HILLARY

SAGE THIS FUCKING SHIT YOU RETARDS

>Thats the article I just said to read afterwards kek. That article ridicules it self. They admit that women work less, but the author believes that women should be paid the same annual salary for working less because they have to take time off for kids.

you were talking about the same article? it showed merit as an example of the side that continues to propagate this misinformation

>You read the article? The fact that you read it and continued to post it here as if it had even a minuscule amount of merit shows you are incapable of critical thought.

you didnt read the article to come up with the conclusion that she had admited women make less but should be paid as much as men?

Are you even speaking english? Put together a fucking sentence and try again holy shit.

*If* this was true, why wouldn't businesses across the US *only* hire women as cheaper labor?

When you use broad categories like male vs female or wide industries there is a definitive gap.

Funnily enough when you boil it down to specific jobs by industry and then compare gender the gap is almost indiscernible.

In conclusion women will get paid just as much as men if they have the skills and experience. Most simply don't.

what the fuck did i just read

Gee its almost like mes are more sucessful in life. Wonder why.

>compare total 40/hr work week earnings without controlling for careers

Oh man. Oh geez.

Kek.
>Gets angry at because it implies the employer is at fault
>Ignores because it implies the woman is at fault even though both posts make the exact same point and say almost the exact same thing
This is why no one takes this board seriously.

they do, just not for 'the exact same job.'

the whole reason they make less is that they work easier, more flexible jobs.

A lot of it is actually just the choices women make. A women is way more likely to become a veterinarian than a biologist.

> The US has a president for years that says he believes in the wage gap and that it's a problem that needs to be fixed
> Canada has a Prime Minister who also believes in the wage gap and that it's an issue that needs to be fixed
>They have done literally nothing to try and fix this supposedly important issue

So either the wage gap is a myth that politicians just use to try and get easy votes from gullible people, or it's real but the politicians that promise to fix it don't actually give a shit and are just using it to get easy votes.