What the fuck went wrong?

What the fuck went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RYnFIRc0k6E
youtube.com/watch?v=_fkUccUFShs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Idris elba > wesley snipes

Should've cast Idris Elba.

David S. Goyer is a hack. That's what went wrong.

Reynolds.

They changed the story for the movie last minute, so says Patton Oswald. Snipes was acting like a retard

He just didn't want to open his eyes.

I was actually watching Blade II last night with the Del Taco commentary and him and the producer with him constantly take shots at Goyer's script throughout. I don't think I've ever heard a filmmaker that brutally honest with his own movie before.

Casting Jessica Biel is what went wrong.

Yeah Del Toro's original idea was for the movie to be a post-apocalyptic planet of the vampires/omega man type thing but they scrapped that when he left to do Hellboy.

Meh it was always campy as fuck

Also Reynolds and and Biel really don't give off a very vampiric vibe. Really bad casting.

damn unironically idris could have actually been the best blade now that i think about it too

The fighting scenes in Blade are better than the MCU movies.

How come?

Wesley is a fan of Hong Kong action movies and forced the studio to hire their choreographers.

A few things. Last min change in script, bad casting and Snipes went full retard

All the things already mentioned as well as comedic relief nerd Patton Oswalt and bumbling henchman HHH.

Jew people given nepotism spots on the black mans 1 man rodeo

>Also Reynolds and and Biel really don't give off a very vampiric vibe
not memeing, but what did you mean by this? why should they? as far as I remember Biel's character was a human and Reynolds was an ex-vampire

they should've focused more on Biel's big butt & muscles, that would've improved the movie

still the best comic book movie trilogy

That's why I said "vibe". I mean they seem like very normal, bland people in a series that is entrenched in a gothic, supernatural vibe.

David Goyer sucks. But thanks to him, we got some of the best behind the scenes stories about Wesley Snipes:
>using his stunt double for more than half of the movie
>attempting to choke Goyer because a black kid wore a shirt on set that says "garbage"
>constantly calling Ryan Reynolds a cracker
>always getting high in his trailer
>only contacted Goyer through post it notes signed "from BLADE"
And my personal favorite
>refusing to open his eyes for the last scene. When asked why didn't he open his eyes, Goyer simply responds, "He just didn't."

I think it would've been fine if they just listened to Snipes like they did on the first 2 films and didn't try to force him out of his own movie. He could've also been less of a cunt, especially since his name wasn't as big as it used to be. But I still love Blade and I honestly hope Wesley gets one more chance to play him.

>I don't think I've ever heard a filmmaker that brutally honest with his own movie before.
Del Taco's a weird guy like that, he's a pretty chronic self flagellator.

>Last min change in script
Care to explain?

Goyer, which has been the problem since the first movie. For some reason people completely overlook that redundant in the first two and had to get to wait until Trinity for the shit in their eyes to fall off.

>didn't try to force him out of his own movie

But Reynolds and Biel got bigger roles precisely because Snipes was being difficult and refusing to shoot his scenes.

In the original script, it was the future and vampires ruled the world and Blade had to stop them. They felt it was too dark so they changed it into the shit heap we have now. They were gonna use this movie to set up a Nightstalkers spin off, but because this movie failed, it never happened.

This. Snipes was a pretty based action star back in the day. It's a shame he went off the deep end with the goofballs.
But whenever people talk about diversity in movies, why doesn't anyone talk about snipes? He was an action star, and he could be pretty fucking funny as seen in Major League and demolition man.

Snipes being uncooperative forced the studio to greatly reduce his dialogue and increase Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel's role to achieve at least a semblance of narrative cohesion.

Once upon a time there was supposed to be a whole romantic subplot between Blade and Whistler's daughter that got cut because Snipes was being an ass. Biel even refused to shoot a sex scene with him. In the final version of the movie she's boning Reynolds's character.

Blade was a sidekick in his own fucking movie.
Goyer was trying to do a spinoff with Biel and Reynolds, so basically made them the leads in this movie. Snipes got pissed and half asses the movie....entire thing was a shitshow.

no del totoro pulling his mexican stuff like lucha libre fighting style.

>Snipes being uncooperative
They should have listened to him. Snipes knew the character.

Thank you very much.

Damn Biel is a raciss ass whitey, dropped as fuck

They wanted to make this movie some kind of platform for spinoff movies/series whatever instead of focusing on Blade. Blade, rightfully, decided not to cooperate with this shitshow. Also they changed the script since the original was "too dark."

You got that backwards.
Snipes was a cunt because Goyer tried to write him out of his own movie. We had this thread on Sup Forums a year ago, and it was pointed out that Snipes has been in over 100 movies. Yet no one every said he was difficult to work with until this movie. Not even the first 2 Blade movies did anyone say anything negative about working with him. So what changed in this movie?....

Like i said here: , Goyer wanted this movie to be a set up for a Nightstalkers spin off which is why Whistler was killed and Blade was supposed to die in the end. Wesley didn't like that and he wasn't consulted about script changes even though he was the star and producer of the series that he pretty much made successful. I don't agree with his dick antics, but id he had his way, or at least a competent director, we would've probably had a 10/10 trilogy.

Based. People always bring up that Wesley was just crazy, but don't realize he was kicked to the side in a series that he made big. Some of the shit he did was a bit outlandish, but they shouldn't have fucked him over in the first place. I'm glad he didn't open his eyes.

Agreed. I saw the first movie again recently and the script is honestly not that great. There's a ton of plotholes and other clumsy shit in it. Still a good movie but it works because of Norrington and Snipes.

Casting Biel and kickstarting her hardbody looks was one of the most correct decisions in modern history.

Because they don't know any black actors besides Idris Elba. Because their black characters have to actively "be black" as a character trait. Because their content outlets don't remind them that there already was an R-rated, comic book franchise starring a black actor.

they showed reynoldes' pubes. that killed it for me.

What the fuck happened to Norrington anyway? He just kind of disappeared.

He made League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and then died.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
E
D

Jewishness only passes from mother to daughter, so she's not a Jew.

No he's still alive but was so disgusted with Hollywood after the shitshow that was LXG that he retired from filmmaking afterward, as did Sean Connery. A shame since he seemed like he had a really strong visual eye. Last I heard he was attached to that Crow remake that will probably never happen.

Don't scratch it
youtu.be/RYnFIRc0k6E

>expecting a 3th movie from a comic's B (or any) character to be good.
You all know that doesn't exist

now you're showing your true colors

Bullshit. Next you'll be saying Jews actually have to be religious, so all of the absolutely most subversive Jews don't count. Nice try, but the nose knows.

I wish there was a book about the making of LXG. Sir Sean and the Steve Norrington haven't worked since and supposedly every day on set was a disaster but any specifics have been kept under wraps.

>"Were the bust-ups between Sean Connery and the director Stephen Norrington as bad as they've been made out to be?"

>JASON FLEMYNG: They were worse. They were worse. You know that feeling when someone in your class is getting told off, and your toes curl in your black Clarks shoes? That’s how it was every day. My favourite bust-up was on the set of Venice. The League had to walk from Captain Nemo’s boat, the Nautilus, down the street, Magnificent Seven-style. At the end of the take, Sean shouted out to Norrington, “What? You want us to do that again?” Norrington replied, “For $18 million, I don’t think it’s too much to ask you to walk down a road.” To which Connery’s reply is unprintable.

Kris Kristofferson is so "gothic"

If Moon Knight ever got a movie do you think it would be straight up horror like the first two Blade movies?

Norrington did nothing wrong.

She would've taken the bbc. All he had to do was be nice. There's a lesson in that.

He cast Connery, which has consistently been a mistake in every role after James Bond.

Patton Oswald killed this movie like he killed his wife and blamed other things for it

if by wrong you mean that her C character in this 3rd movie was the perfect prototype of the modern heroin and Hollywood failed to repeat it, you're right.

fucking kek. Someone should make a thread about actors being dicks on set.

moon knight has the potential to be kino but i just don't think they could get the tone right. something similar to dredd would work really well but the difficulty in portraying the ambiguity of moon knights powers and quests as toeing the line of reality vs mental illness would require a kino-capable director of the highest order

tfw the days good movies like Blade dont come out anymore

>refused to shoot a sex
even this shower scene has no sense.is Patton the source of that too?

literally nothing.
its a kino flick

:)

He just didn't.

This is David S. Goyer. Say something nice about him.

>couple of razorblades just in case

>I was actually watching Blade II last night with the Del Taco commentary and him and the producer with him constantly take shots at Goyer's script throughout. I don't think I've ever heard a filmmaker that brutally honest with his own movie before.
sounds interesting. could you maybe post a little of the stuff the critizised?

Watching this piece of shit right now. I don't really mind the idea of Blade fighting Dracula but why did he have to look like this?

le_sexy_vampiro meme

Sidekicks characters, I know Biel was hot and all that but was silly compared with the two first movies.

>only thing I remember about this movie is that WWE superimposed HHH's name on the poster, as if he was a main character.

the other two were a bit silly too

pol/tv/ would make a short of this one if werent ´coz the fact blade 3 was filmed a long ago

tldr dracula got blacked

Fuck off you reddit cock sucker. Why are you so fucking obsessed with Sup Forums? You're fucking pathetic.

triggered? ;)

Sorry for invading your safespace hon!

are these scenes the same? Maybe I'm wrong, but even the music sounds alike

its a cliche shot
youtube.com/watch?v=_fkUccUFShs

*meant trope shot

this..

it spent too much time in the day time, and his comic relief wsn't really needed

took away from main villain that ryan reynolds use to bang her

oh and the vampire dogs

killing whisler...again

wasn't really a bad dude, cliche ebil villain monster final form, looks gay as shit, shpeshifter power was underused

to much DAYLIGHT

first movie at club in eastern europe vibe with blood pouring from sprinklers that gave me super hard on

vampire blood packing humans rehashed from deleted scenes from first movie, true fans would know that.

He wouldn't open his eyes.

White boys made it about themselves. Blade is in very little of his own movie

Since the question has clearly been answered on what went wrong, is there anything that went right? I can't think of anything. Every time I try, my brain can't get past the interrogation scene between the FBI and Blade. That was god-level cringe and the movie just kept dragging it out.

Parker Posey was pretty hot. I think that's about it.

Nothing really, it's pretty okay.

"Have you seen my dog?"

"Have you tried the lobby?"

That was the moment I knew he was Deadpool

Who /pausedandzoomed/ here?

Connery was always a cunt though. He acted the same way when he was James Bond even though he was a nobody when he got that part.

>is there anything that went right?

Jessica Biel and the blood farm

It gave us Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool so I'm okay with it.

>Blade, are you read to die?
>I was born ready, motherfucker

Easily the best line in the trilogy. Much better than motherfuckers trying to ice skate uphill.

Dominic Purcell has to be one of the all time worst portrayals of Dracula ever, for one thing.

that image really set the tone for the following decade

It's been a long time since I watched it but I remember him just being pretty honest and straight about general movie problems. The little things that seem obvious in hindsight, etc.

Also he was really apologetic about the full CG sword fight scene.

>Casting Jessica Biel is what went wrong.

Biel actually looks like she can hold her own believably in a fight, she's one of the last things to complain about.

The humor in Trinity was definitely worse than the other two and there was a lot more of it. The braindead henchman Triple H played in particular was horrid. He couldn't act and had zero comedic timing.

my penis is STICKING OUT!"