So I just finished season 4 of mad men

So I just finished season 4 of mad men
WHAT THE FUCK? why would he marry megan instead of faye? why so sudden?
is this some long scheme to get don to make new businesses and get new clients in the wedding?

Season 5 and 6 are pretty bad. I bailed in the middle of 7 I think.

He thought Megan could be a good mother and he was desperate.

Faye was shitty around his children, Megan was great with his children. Tough call because Megan was obviously a gold-digging whore wheras Faye was a professional woman who didn't rely on Don for everything

He only likes the beginning of things.

could it be that he thought it was a sign from real dons wife when he got the ring and decided to use it at that moment

do you always remember lines like that or just this case?
fuck i wish i had ur memory

Hi.

You've identified yourself as being either
a) a virgin
b) under 18
c) both

Please vacate the board and come back when you have become a man.
Then you can discuss Mad Men and why Don does things.

>why would he marry megan instead of faye?
You could come up with more complex reasons, but the obvious one that the show hits you over the head is that Megan was good with kids, even better than Betty. How the fuck could this not occur to you?

a man would continue being single and fucking every biitch he could find like he was doing whole season 4

it didnt occur to me because betty holds the kids and when hes away he would ask the babysitter which was carla
megan was only a replacement to carla this once next times he would just ask the new babysitter

>megan was only a replacement
And then he found out she was really good with kids. If you think this and other reasons are superficial, then it's more a problem that he married her after such a short courtship, not that he married her at all.

Because a vapid French-Canadian whore is less of a headache than a corporate climber hag.

Another reason being that Faye was lovingly coaxing Don to face his past (flying in the face of his “move forward” mantra) whereas Megan was just young and lively and impressed upon Don the notion that she just loved him, period—no need to take ownership for his past and wrangle demons.

Yes, Megan did come to challenge Don and his behavior in ways Betty never did, but that seemed to come later.

Because of guilt about his whore mother who died in child birth and his stepmother who had to whore herself out to some pimp in Pennsylvania, Don likes to feel like he's protecting and providing for women in his life. It's why he's takes umbrage with Joan whoring herself out to win Jaguar. He wants to feel that women depend on him. Faye was an older intelligent independent woman with a successful career of her own. Megan was practically a teenager when Don married her. Her role as his secretary made her submissive to him.

Faye was the perfect choice, I lost respect for Don after this episode

Faye wouldn't have ever pulled that Zou Bisou/surprise party bullshit on him

Damn, Michael Cera looks great in drag

Don likes his women broken or stupid. He likes having a woman around but he doesn't want one that's going to ask too many questions or expect him to really be emotionally available to them more often than once in awhile. He has serious identity issues and if you don't even know who you really are yourself it's pretty hard to be really open and honest with someone else.

>Don
>taking a good decision
choose one

faye wasn't happy and wasn't good with kids

megan was happy and was good with kids

don was sexually attracted to happiness due to how miserable literally everyone around him was his entire life

Did you see how Faye reacted when Sally was upset?

Did you see how Megan reacted?

Hiring Peggy was a great decision.

does that gay art guy come up later
what about hilton?
just a yes or no is fine

>does that gay art guy come up later
You mean the one who was fired? No.
>what about hilton?
No.

>getting this unironically invested in a soap opera for women

>women(male)