How would you recast them to make it work, without changing the script or characters

how would you recast them to make it work, without changing the script or characters

saru is perfect as is but he's too cucked on michael

>without changing the script or characters
Then what'd be the point? You'd just be wasting better actors with the same shit material.

I'd just swap Doug Jones out with whoever so he's free to do something else.

recast the one on the right to sit on my face for 20 episodes

cadethicc

Why are people pretending that this hasn't been good?

is this your first time using Sup Forums?

All would be swapped out for Idris Elba.

Basically take Orville's script, and remove the humor. Walla, a true Star Trek series.

i'm not paying for your shit, shill

inb4 idris elba

The cast is fine, it's the script that's the problem. Mostly when it comes to Michael. The whole human raised as Vulcan thing is the biggest cop out for lazy writing. She acts like a boring one note robot until the script needs her to do something emotional/stupid. She has zero personality because of that.

>implying anyone here pays for tv

It cant be done, its shit to its very core
A better question would be what actor youd love to see play a captain ect

She finally showed some emotion at the end of episode 3. There's hope yet.

>I'm literally at a loss of words to describe how idiotic the idea of warping through mushroom dimension is.

>I'm literally at a loss of words to describe how idiotic the idea of warping through mushroom dimension is.

No, you're just annoyed because she seems like a strident, smug BLM protester. The beauty part of this show is, that's the *point*. It's going to be about how both she and the Klingoms (Trump supporters) need to learn to listen, lest they become reflections of each other. She began by trying to mutiny, but by the end she'll be a good soldier of the moderate liberal cause, in true Star Trek style. And the people who thought that this show was being made for their comfort will go APESHIT

This is all projection and conjecture.

Recast Michael with literally anyone else. Michael's character will still be a self righteous emotional fake vulcan though. Tell the crazy roommate actor to tone it WAY down or recast her too.

id fire the director and get some competent writers
replace main actress with someone who can actually display emotions
kill off the stupid red head autistic girl who has no place on a fucking star destroyer spec ops mission ship with the highest qualified officers in the fleet
get rid of the white cuck in an alien suit and replace him with an alien that isn't agreeable to main character
get rid of the gay, whos done fucking nothing for the show

Yeah, but don't forget to screencap it, because it's logical, and makes more sense than having Starfleet end up taking the lead of the extremist whose arc is about learning to fit in and moderate her anger.

People are going to be PISSED

I have no idea how you got that out of what I said or what that even has to do with what I said. Is this some kind of autistic fit? You're the one that seems annoyed by it.

OK, so this is just a Sup Forums thread, fine.

I got it from the fact that the inconsistent character who's being molded by the experiences we're watching is annoying you.

*delete cast*
*update Orville*
There.

Yeah I'm hoping the redhead might bring some humanity out of her.

Fuck off. How is the first one Sup Forums

>Reasonable critique
>HURRR NO BLM SMUG BLACK PEOPLE DEGENERATES LIBERALS KEK. PROBLEM?!
do you realize what a fucking spazz you are?

i bet none of that happens you retard. you desperately want a seriously crappy show to have a message.

i'm just waiting for the security officer to btfo of burnham's vulcan kungfu

I wanted to pop the gingers zits so badly it distracted me from the episode

skin shaming is outlawed in the future

every non-human character is played by Kanye West

yes really

>muh pole

Some writer played Mario Bros way too much before going to work on this show.

no
my complaints are valid
director is shit, the shots are shit, the writing is incoherent babble esp with that alice in wonderland recital during an alien attack,

its just bad, its cringe level bad in every way

get new director, new writers who arent political mouth pieces, get rid of the quirky reddit tier characters like the fag and the autistic red head, and make the aliens confrontational , the entire cast are nothing but agreeable yes men enabling a sociopath to manipulate them all, like the sociopathic vulcan wannabe who murders people for fun

is it Gri/mu/es level cringe?

>make the aliens confrontational
Ssssshhhhh!

Buncha Orville shills that eat up any old shit that falls out of Seth's ass.

2 dimensional bad guys who are "trump supporters" is just terrible for any kind of star trek

/thread