Is Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith one of the best movies ever made lads?

Is Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith one of the best movies ever made lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw
youtube.com/watch?v=opfJIo__ANQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PFcWCpxynuA
youtube.com/watch?v=1dq6DSlkrEk
youtube.com/watch?v=jSKeLk9MyG4
youtube.com/watch?v=rFrOHuk7F1U
youtube.com/watch?v=pR0eOhNNgMM
youtu.be/Xx52--WmLQs
youtube.com/watch?v=kAoOOqOKLW8
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>one of

it's the best

Unironically yes

its really good to say the least senpai

Probably top 2 at least

How can disneycucks and original trilogy redditors ever recover?

RotS is pure kino

I like it quite a bit but gotta admit it's a 6/10 at best
but Williams score is probably THE best in the entire saga

>6/10 at best
Technically its 3/8, but thats besides the point

I'm not even joking when I say it up there with me. I watched a lot of movies, and this one never gets old. The situation an conflict between Anakin and Obi-wan, how clever Sidious is with manipulating Anakin, and the emotional impact of the eventual domino effect Anakin's decision did to the Galaxy. Sometimes the scene with Obi-wan and baby Luke in Tatooine with 2-bit sun gets me tearyeyed. I consider top 3 beat SW of the series.

why did lucas abandon us

No, you abandoned him.

It's better than TFA that's for damn sure

Attack of the clones was better than that garbage.

UNDERRATED

TFA is shit, and yet Episodes I and II are still worse than it.

It has problems, namely egregious changes in tone in the beginning and some pacing issues. As far as films in general go, those hold it back a lot. But in terms of SW, what it gets right is some of the highlights of the whole saga. And in terms of creativity and emotion, it certainly is strong just in general

'no'

ep3 has amazing CGI, even for today
the opening battle of coruscant is kino
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw

>kino
kill yourself

The Goonies is better, as is Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

The Goonies is a horrible pile of shit loved by nostalgiafags.

BOOM BOOM
BOOM BOOM

>that sound design
>that music

Please come back George

As a kid I always loved how accurately the lego game mirrored this opening. It is really impressive, the way we start with two ships flying to suddenly revealing this mass chaos

I remember getting chills when I saw this in '05
I was only 14 years old

One of, if not the best Star Wars movie.

yes desu senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=opfJIo__ANQ

Why can't Disney's nu Star wars make anything like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=PFcWCpxynuA

I unironically think this is among the best scenes in the entire franchise, the music with the hype from the pilots is just amazing.

>inb4 now this is podracing

Amazing film. Not one, but TWO climactic sword fights. Genius how he upset the trope and had both swordfights inconclusive, and better yet, we the audience know going in that both fights will be inconclusive. Instead of edge-of-the-seat tension, I was just waiting for the scenes to end so we could wrap it up and go home. What a geius story teller!

t. pleb

Okay thank you everyone I have now confirmed that Sup Forums believe that Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith is one of the better movies that has been made.

I personally agree.

Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, TO DEMOCRACY!

There was still magic back then

Disney is just gonna keep releasing empty soulless husks with the
name "Star Wars" on them and retarded normies will still pay to watch them

I SHOULD'VE KNOWN THE JEDI WERE PLOTTING TO TAKE OVER

Reminder that the prequels are good and the mass negative reaction was created by the msm to disallusion Lucas into selling the franchise to Disney

Yeah, looks fucking great.
youtube.com/watch?v=1dq6DSlkrEk

He said lego games, not lego stop motion.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSKeLk9MyG4

lol what the fuck is that?? I meant the video game, I played it endlessly on gamecube

I didn't have the complete saga, just the prequel game, but yeah thats it. Love the music and sound effects

Can't even shitpost anymore without some faggot complaining.
youtube.com/watch?v=rFrOHuk7F1U

>how clever Sidious is with manipulating Anakin,

He literally said "do it" one too many times. That's it. He wasn't clever at all.

>Obi-Wan vs. Anakin
>inconclusive
dumb faggot

That's not true though. Anakin was far more passionate than any other Jedi. This made him stronger (and more volatile, which is why Jedi didn't allow it). Sidious not only prayed on and took advantage of the love that made Anakin so powerful, but he used the jedi, who didn't do anything to reconcile who Anakin was, to help push him over the edge. If anything, that is what was clever. The Jedi were so complacent that they had totally lost their ways. They weren't necessarily the bad guys, but they were arrogant and growing more ignorant as time went on. His manipulation of this moral grey area is what was clever and honestly gave the prequels more depth than they get credit for

desu senpai baka cuck

i am saying this as unironically as i can, lads.
everytime i watch this garbage space opera, ever knowing how it ends. hell everyone knows how it ends. still. every god damn time i hope that anakin wouldn't make the wrong choice.

idk if it's autism man, but damn it makes me sad errytime.

GOT EM!

>Tha image
Fuck ;_;

I relate to this, his whole life is just so fucking sad when you think about it. While we're at it, you know that scene in the end of ep3 when he finds out padme is dead, its the only scene I feel they could have done much, much better by actually having him scream in authentic anguish, not just that iconic "nooooooooooo" but something that would send chills down your spine.

youtube.com/watch?v=pR0eOhNNgMM this fucking meme video does it better

I don't get it

The Last jedi is the 8th film

his arc is LITERALLY the greatest and most powerful tragedy ever written desu

youtu.be/Xx52--WmLQs

We didn't deserve George.

Bill and Ted is hands down the single best comedy ever made

>Technically its 3/8, but thats besides the point

youtube.com/watch?v=kAoOOqOKLW8

No.

Same....

I've been defending prequel trilogy for years. I'm glad people are finally turning around. It's true that it shat all over the original trilogy and changed the mood to a more kid friendly one, but the trilogy was not without merits. It had so many great and memorable moments, amazing soundtrack, interesting lore and settings, cool ship and tech designs, as well as costumes. I doubt anyone will remember the nu-trilogy in 10 years. Maybe only some of the terrible moments from it and memes based on them, but everyone will still remember scenes and lines from original and prequel trilogy. OT purists will finally realize what a true, unarguably terrible, franchise ruining trilogy looks like.

>Revenge of the Sith's labyrinthine opening shot— of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil." It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.

>If I had seen ROTS in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Sheev, sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin, “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin. I watched these sequences over and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

>The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of the movie is a Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.

Can somebody explain this strip to me

>Star Wars will NEVER again have this level of care and attention put into the story
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

samefags

Better than I expected but I didn't watch it in theater. Best of the prequel trilogy.

Really? You don't think the OP's joke was fucking hilarious?

>I want THE preeminent tragic character to not make the choices he did

nah it's just you senpai

He should have married Ahsoka instead desu

The Anakin/Obi-Wan light saber fight at the end is incredible. It's like a 9 year old wrote it, just so over the top and goes on for a year. Personal favorite part is when they're swinging around on cables whacking at each other as they pass. Phenomenally entertaining movie even if it's absolute dreck. There's also the makings of a great story buried underneath, which unfortunately went unfulfilled.

Pretty shit post desu it got a lot of yous from redditors though so congrats I guess