Watching this for the first time. What should I expect?

Watching this for the first time. What should I expect?

Beauty

Try watching it, stupid asshole.

Sci-fi noir kino

rain and rape

Michael?

If you're watching the theatrical cut expect a pretty looking movie that's kind of shitty and underwhelming

Non-stop fast past sci fi action!

>it's a brainlet disappointed he didn't get to see more pew pews episode

I have insomnia so I put this on whenever I need to sleep.

I still don't get why he decided to rape her.

>Harrison Ford lazily mumbles and narrates you to sleep: the movie

A slow movie.

That's not bad, but be patient with it.

>watching anything but the final cut

That's not what appears in ops photograph

It's boring.

Blade Runner, presumably.

Watch The Final Cut. Theatrical is pure shit.

I fell asleep the first 3 times i tried watching it and when i finally saw it i realised it wasnt worth wating my time in such a boring piece of shit.

Literally Nothing Happens: The Movie

Cinematography is 10/10 tho.

Plebs

It's excellent on a thematic level, but mostly not entertaining. Good visuals but looks a little dated. Music is cool.

boredom

its shit

It wasn't rape. The longer version of the scene is bit less "angry" about the whole thing.

But it's about experience versus memories. She was falling apart because she didn't know what was real, but he showed her that her sexual/romantic feelings were real. That's why he tells her to say the things she felt. It gave her something to lock onto.

The whole movie is about living in the now, versus hanging onto memories. That why the camera lingers on photos and video screens so often. Recordings and facsimiles of real things.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
E
D

Style over substance

He was pretty aggressive, but "rape" is pushing it.

Damn, never thought about it this way. This movie really is Ridley Scott at his best.

to finally understand that episode of Red Dwarf yah fookin pleb

A fantastic movie beloved by millions that will bore ADHD teenagers used to looking at their phones.

Confusion at why they chose to name the movie Blade Runner.

THIS the first time i didn't really try to watch it and sort of just had it on and i passed out and woke up and it was Roy standing in the rain and I had completely missed the entire thing

second time i tried to watch it legitimately and i had a good time

I've seen hundreds of these posts over the years. I was the same way.

You'll watch it once, get bored 1/4 of the way in, give up, and then watch it a few months or years later and it's one of the best movies ever made.

10/10 GenX Posting

I'm 23.

>rape

I forgot, it's current year +2. If you don't get a notarized affidavit before laying a finger on a woman, it counts as rape and you should be whisked off to jail. Unless you're muslim, of course,.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But I'm sure you can see how shoving a woman who looks like she could cry into a window and then telling her what to say to you sends the wrong message to viewers.

That's how men with normal testosterone levels act, you beta nu-male.

Larping as Chad on Tv? really?

tears in rain

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..

It may seem rapey but Rachael never physically resisted, ergo it's not rape.

>everyone is an insecure cuck like me!
nice projection

To be bored out of your fucking mind. It's the shittiest big production movie I've ever seen.

That's even worse, you're a pathetic millennial nu-male.

its ok, not a masterpiece, enjoyable
monologue in the rain is stupid

I want to live in a Syd Mead cyberpunk future

it's no Alien or Legend, but it's worth a watch at least once

>Starts off insulting a stranger who simply said foreplay that rough isn't seen as normal by some people.
>Calls him insecure next.
Whatever, tough guy. My mistake. OF COURSE, you're speaking from experience!
Makes sense to me.

I bought a used copy on dvd about 2 years ago for 2.99 and have yet to watch it.

>tears
>in the rain

90% of women love that rough shit, but they just tell betas like you they don't, so you never figure out what sluts they really are and you keep paying their bills

I smack my gf's ass alot, is that rough enough? I also pull her hair a bit and drag her by the legs to get her to the position i'm feeling.

Sometimes i feel like i'm too gentle on her like a beta, but whatever, she's always wanting to fuck me.

There's nothing I can type to keep you from Chadding it up in a Blade Runner thread on Sup Forums, so I guess you win. Is your need to dominate everything satisfied, or do you need to hump a pillow a few times to get it all out?

This is so true.
I had to try to watch this 4 times because I kept falling asleep.

i'm 37. i've tried to watch this film 3 times to date. should i just stop trying and watch Jared Leto wow me in the new one instead?

The new one seems to have a plot that lasts as long as the run time, so I'd say yes. Want a quick rundown of the first?

hold me fucking dick while i fuck yo girl, cuck

>not watching all the cuts

Really though. Each one has something really unique to offer (good or bad [mostly bad])

If you think Blade Runner is shitty I cant imagine what youve actually been wating your time on

Everyone dies and theres a lot of action, drama, and overall good performances. Whats your standard for something happening in a movie horse cock?

>Want a quick rundown of the first?
32 here, yes please, I don't want to suffer through the first one, tried and failed several times.

Anyone else think this is the scifi-comfy equivalent of Big Trouble in Little China?

A jaded replicant-hunter gets pulled in for ONE LAST JOB and disovers his (MAYBE????) humanity along the way.

>Every discussion of BR ends up with plebs complaining about how "boring" it is
>A sequel is coming out with popular actors and now these plebs are trying to watch the first
>Early reviews say the new one is incredibly close in tone to the original

Alright so how badly is the sequel going to flop?

It's uneventful boring shit, period.

It's called motion picture for a reason. The medium for a fuckton of philosophy without any event taking place is text.

Not as bad as your mom's old saggy tits

just as long? ugh.... yes, please indulge me on the first one.

No, it isn't.

And it's an incredibly visual film too so you're just a fucking idiot

Two very different kinds of comfy

Fucking aced

>A lot of action
>Harrison Ford shoots at fleeing woman repeatedly as she dramatically screams and runs through like ten windows
>Harrison Ford gets manhandled by a balding android, gets saved by somebody else shooting baldie.
>Rutger Hauer gauges out Bill Gates' eyes.
>Harrison picks a fight with a gymnast.
>Hauer gets horny and turns on godmode.
fin

Damn got me

A shitty detective walks around in beautiful sets

Anyone who can't sit through Blade Runner is a sub ape IQ brainlet.

just please go back to your YouTube video game playthroughs with some screaming man child and stop commenting on this cinematic masterpiece.

it's too much for your dull minds

PewDiePie is more entertaining and more cerebral than Pleb Runner

I honestly believe you actually think this and you're not just a troll. it's sad and pathetic.

But he's looking to see the sequel. He wants more information, father/fucker.

>There's rogue robots that are really genetically modified people called replicants, with fake memories and a lifespan of exactly 4 years.
>Some return to Earth from wherever they were being put to work in space to meet the Bill Gates to their Microsoft, to extend their lives. They kill him when he basically says no.
>Harrison Ford is assigned to hunt them. When he isn't executing them in the streets, or getting his ass kicked like he's a ragdoll whenever they touch him, he's pining for a black haired replicant that doesn't know she is what she is. They bang.
>After those things happen, Ford has only two replicants left to hunt: the leader, and his Tim Burton designed gymnast waifu. She overacts her death after her cartwheels fail to do more than annoy Ford, who shoots her. Replicant leader, or Roy, was out of the house or something at the time, and finds her corpse while Ford's still around.
>Roy is so pissed off at everything he decides to streak at Ford, while breaking his fingers and stuff. He eventually saves Ford's life (rly makes u think) and monologues, before dying.
>Harrison runs off with black hair, while a black guy who's been stalking him and leaving origami unicorns everywhere comments on this.
>Depending on the version, Harrison Ford does a cliche Noir narration.
>This is the best movie ever, and if you don't get it, you can't comprehend the profound nature of rain and nudity.

That is all you will ever need to know about Blade Runner. No, there is no explanation for why they call him a Blade Runner, instead of a bounty hunter.

Should just not even bother with the sequel if you didn't like/couldn't finish the first one.

Thank you.

I could name a fuckton of examples where skipping the first crapfest didn't have me at a disadvantage.

I just explained the ending as it was in the director's cut. I didn't actually say it's a bad movie. I honestly think it's a movie with a great and influential atmosphere, good acting, and an interesting script. I also think it's weirdly Tim Burton-y with things like that gymnast replicant and that one midget tin soldier replicant dude. Has two plots, both of which can feel kind of directionless while still leading somewhere in the end, and must have gone wrong somewhere in editing for there to be at least three official cuts last I checked.

You're welcome. If my summary was a little incoherent, there's of course one on wikipedia.

>What should I expect?
Tears in the rain and the rest is shite.

Did I mention the action has no sense of balance? Harrison Ford fights like four different people at different times, and they ALL wipe the floor with him, until they get shot. Except the one who just dies. But that honestly was a little cool. Still though, he gets his ass kicked by a girl doing gymnastics and making angry faces at him.

International > Theatrical > Final > Workprint > Director's

>a black guy who's been stalking him and leaving origami unicorns everywhere comments on this.
Edward James Olmos ain't black yo.

I can't tell if this is bait but it's "in rain" not "in the rain"

Many fights are like that. Hero is soaking up dozens of hits, gets second wind out of nowhere, then conveniently finds some tool to 1 punch the guy he's been losing to until that point.

Workprint > Director's > Final > International > Theatrical

What's wrong with the director's cut?
Honest question. It's the only one available to buy on dvd where i'm from.

>trying to run out of the building before having the door slammed on you
>not resisting

I watched the director's cut and it was still shitty and underwhelming.
Scott's films have good themes and ideas here and there but are otherwise slogfests. Compare Alien to Aliens, other people can take his scripts and make actual entertaining films instead of "cult classics" that only pretentious critics like.
So fuck him, he's so incredibly overrated, should stick to making commercials.

>Not watching a fan cut with the unicorn shit removed

>compare Alien to Aliens
Even Alien: Isolation was better than Aliens and it's not even a film

I mean it's not really hard to be better than a horror movie where the monster spends half the movie sleeping in a vent without bothering anybody.

a very pretty but boring movie

he said better than aliens and he's right,
alien was the only good movie in the series, all the rest is shit

Watch at least twice.

>a horror movie where the monster spends half the movie sleeping in a vent without bothering anybody
>good

A film you will not enjoy very much - and in an age with internet access probably shitpost about online vociferously about how it's overrated shit - but with three or four repeat viewings will come to realise it's nothing short of a masterpiece.

Director's Cut>Workprint>Final>International>Theatrical