What is the best Evil Dead movie?

What is the best Evil Dead movie?

strawpoll.me/14069700

I haven't seen AOD yet. Should I watch the directors cut or the theatrical cut?

are the first two horror movies? ive only seen army of darkness.

Never watched any. Sounds like a really horrible horror movie that should be kept in the closet and locked away. I bet the lead actor is a homosexual as well.

The first one tries to be taken seriously. The second one is sorta half and half. Never saw the remake.

first is more of a horror movie but it does have some goofy elements. Second one goes really goofy.

The remake plays it straight.

i saw the remake and it was unexpectedly bloody, or some other word i just cant explain. i liked it especially the nail gun

Army of Darkness baby

Evil Dead 1 is just a campy generic horror movie
Evil Dead 2 is horror comedy kino
Army of Darkness is okay, but it delves a little too far into reddit territory.

They're all painfully bland and boring. I rewatched the whole trilogy and the best Evil Dead is the 2013 remake without a doubt.

Evil dead is the most unsettling horror movie ever made.
Why do you think so many fucking plebs like 2 and AoD? The frightening surrealism and how much it fucking unsettles you is what makes your brain try and find something to laugh about it. Like when Ashley's girlfriend once possessed won't stop laughing at him with its fucked up face and smile, it's affecting him the way it would a normal person, but since you're just watching your brain says hey, that's too unfuckingbelievable, let's defend yourself against it and make fucking Evil Dead 2.
If you aren't scared shitless of the first ED you are way too far up your own assbubble.

The first movie had goo people and a rape tree played unironically. come on now

An Evil Dead thread? At last...

I voted for that too, just to be contrarian. It's actually a piece of shit.

t. plebus maximus

t.nostalgia fags with poor taste

in order:
Evil Dead (original)
Evil Dead 2
Evil Dead (remake)
Army of Darkness

the remake is nothing but gory fx spectacle. Good fx, sure, but no scares or laughs, no atmosphere, no chars or story of any interest and as pointless as a movie can be.

>THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK

bump

Heh, Xena and Hercules actually existed at one point, right?

>Xena and Hercules actually existed at one point, right?
Maybe. But we will never know......unless Ash stops being a blithering idiot.

The decomposition scene at the end of the first one is probably the greatest use of special effects I've ever seen

then why are you in this thread you fucking mongoloid

Don't rise to the bait user. It just encourages them.

Sup Forums: the post

Army of Darkness will always be my favorite.

You should watch director's. It's better in every way. Then just watch theatrical's ending afterwards.

Look, everyone knows the best one is ED2.

The question should have been what is the second best one because at least that's debatable.

2>AOD>1>remake