okay Sup Forums

let's be real

This is stinky trash, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

avasdemon.com/1546.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was good and then Kickstarter murdered it

elaborate, you vile fiend

You'd think that with two(!) kickstarter campaigns for it this comic would update at least somewhat regularly but we've gotten maybe a dozen panels in over a year

almost two years at this point, if im not mistaken. this time in 2014, we were all losing our shit over the body upgrade sequence, thinking the comic was finally hitting its stride after other hiatuses and pacing issues. how naive we were.

do people still act like this comic is good? it's got shiny painterly semi-animu art and a cliched-to-death story. it was absolutely never good lol.

at least she dose something with it

avasdemon.com/1546.php

It's a good webcomic (Albeit with pacing issues.) That never fucking updates.

I like it but the bitch never fucking updates her shit so nothing really happens

>cliched-to-death story

Elaborate, thats the kind of thing dumb people say to sound like they know what theyre talking about, when they donĀ“t.

It's fine
Although the pacing and schedule is FUBAR thanks to those kickstarters

And a good portion of the lore didn't come from the story but from Michelle's social media outlets

The art's good but the writing is bland at best. Also the writer is a pretentious cunt. I still remember when she got buttblasted about people drawing homestuck crossover art with Ava's demon.

apparently she's hiring someone to help with coloring so maybe we'll get update before 2018

2017 is the year
So she says

that the smoke is purple suggests there's some kind of incense mixed in with whatever drug she's smoking. probably something flower scented

Well first off, the hiatus was going to happen regardless because hundreds of hand wrapped and signed books don't come out of thin air. People were being idiots to thing a stretch goal would magically stop that.

Second, she didn't even get that money in the end because so many pledges bounced. By rights she could have cancelled the whole idea. Instead she tried on the money she was given. (Doesn't help that she had setbacks like expensive prints delivered ruined or the whole tumblr rampage putting her down)

Third but hopefully doesn't need to be said, the kickstarters are only for the books. I keep reading people say both kickstarters were all about double updates, which is just false.

She's ashamed of Homestuck because she owes a lot of her premise and a couple of character designs to it.

pretty sure its cause the sjw of the fandom hounded her till she deleted her first account
she doesnt like accosiating with the fandom

I don't think it was just homestuck either. She had a strict no crossovers with anything policy for a long time. She might still have it for all I know.

enough of the story hasn't been posted to say if its cliche or not

isnt it the prologue

Kickstarter kills comics.

see

She was handed a bad deal when it came to the Kickstarter, if something could go wrong, it did. I actually feel sorry for her and hope she gets back to the comic.

And so Ava's Demon became Michelle's demon in the end.

Kickstarters are almost a trap for the unsuspecting webcomic creator. It seems like a great way to help bolster the comic, but then sorting out the demands of the Kickstarter becomes a bigger distraction from working on the comic itself than anything else.

The Homestuck Kickstarter slowly but surely eroded away the comic's update rate, fandom, and quality, eventually completely rotting the entire IP from the inside out, but that has more to do with how it was for a video game to be developed by a sheltered 80's kid from suburban Manhattan with more hubris than a certain atrocious character of his than anything else.

I blame that on Hussie killing off liked characters and and dragging things out with the whole Alpha thing. The 16 characters were varied enough for everybody.

>not reading just to experience the best update in webcomic history

>girl has an intergalactic adventure aiding her soul bound demon to recollect her lost kingdom from the clutches of a powerful overlord through seeking her other most powerful reincarnated warriors also soulbound
>cliched to death

burden of proof