Why was this sequel so shit compared to the original?

Why was this sequel so shit compared to the original?

it was better retard

Vol 2 is better. Every character has a more important story the 2nd time around.

its better, knock off the memeing

Are you faggots actually serious or just being ironic? The sequel was boring in every way and didn't even have a plot.

Nice Reddit spacing.

Hey, little buddy. Maybe it's you that's retarded. I'm sorry to say it, but GotG2 made a bunch of money, and a lot of people like it. I know, the opinions of the masses don't mean everything, but when you consider the fact that your best argument here is "it's boring" and "it's shit," you have to know by now that those are the opinions that a retard would say about just about anything because they don't get it.

It's easy to understand why, too. Your brain just doesn't work as fast as the average person's, so when there's a lot going on up on the big screen, it hurts to think about. Maybe your eyes get a little dry, and you need another hit of your box of apple juice. No big, there's these great movies that you can watch called Man of Steel, and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Don't worry about there being so many words in the title of that second one, it's perfect for people with small brains that think their opinions are, despite all odds and appearances, worth knowing.

Oh, and you should get off of my website forever.

>didn't even have a plot.
omg really, is this *literally* true?

God fucking damn it OP, you do not deserve to be a Sup Forumstard

Infact, you do not even deserve to be on the holy grounds of Sup Forums at all

Please immediately get the fuck out, or the army of anonymous shall fiercely torture you to no end

>every character gets the proper amount of screentime despite having a massive cast, only underdeveloped character in my opinion was drax
>the villain actually has a connection to the main character and isn't just an asshole who wants to shoot a blue laser into the sky so that we can set up more infinity war garbage
>no infinity war garbage
>movie works as well as a standalone movie as it does a sequel
>actually having a sad character death instead of a stupid "you didn't see that coming" quicksilver death, god fuck avengers 2 so much, no hamfisted superman death for the purpose of having jesus imagery god fuck bvs so much
>good soundtrack, bonus points for the chain that song is great, minus points for ruining the comment sections of every video for all the songs in the movie
i usually think marvel movies range somewhere on a scale of bad (thor 2, avengers 2) to forgettable (iron man sequels, thor, the ones i'm actually forgetting) to pretty alright (gotg 1, captain america 2), but i thought this one was actually pretty good.

The easy answer to this lies in the opening scenes of both movies. In Guardians of the Galaxy 1, we're thrown into what seems to be a generic space fantasy right from the outset, with a lone explorer visiting the ruins of a long dead civilization. Then it subverts our expectations by having him dance to pop music. It's surprising and it simultaneously sets the tone for the rest of the movie.

The sequel has to make sure we revisit that, but instead of the relatively grounded scene of a thief grooving out on the job, we have the tryhard scene of baby Groot dancing while everyone else is fighting a giant space monster. What once was fun and new is now irritating and trying to hit the same notes, but doing a shittier job.

>tryhard
Dropped

>the chain starts playing

If you thought that scene was actually funny, you have a double digit I.Q.

>so shit

It was as shit as the original

They're both literally redddit capeshit

And if you use the word 'tryhard' you don't know how to speak intelligently about film and can't be taken seriously.

This i went to see it with my family and wound up leaving, they said i made a scene but i dont care I'm not gonna sit thorough capeshit for literal children.

that opening was easily the weakest part of the movie for me and it really disappointed me because the opening of the first movie was great. it's so out of place with pretty much everything that happens in the movie to the point where i can only imagine it happened because disney execs wanted to milk as much money as possible, and since they couldn't sell future movies with it since the plot doesn't connect to pretty much anything except the first movie, they went with merchandise and strongarmed gunn into putting a 4 minute scene with a dancing baby groot to sell toys. everything after it though was good.

Agreed. That opening sequence really pissed me off watching it the first time as I had high expectations. Watching it again was better, but still.. talk about catering to disniots

And if you decided to disregard everything he said due to one word, you're a brainless mongoloid. It's a stupid word but he had a point.

And anyone saying vol. 2 was good, just stop lying to yourselves, it isn't healthy you know.

2 had better characters, better plot and worked better as a sci-fi flick. But the pacing wasn't as solid as the original, there were more plot-holes and the biggest crime, most of the humour was forced and unfunny so I still don't know which was the better picture.

Fuck off contarian

it revolved around starlords daddy issues and it ending up being the big baddy

>Why was this sequel so shit compared to the original?

Marvel gave a lot of freedom to James Gunn

That user probably liked Wonder Woman too
shit taste, senpai

Its ok user. I thought it was shit too