ITT

Recommend a french comic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Someone have the name of the comic about the guy who as a ex-actor father with guard of four girls all from different mom's?

The Bellybuttons Which wont continue the plot for another goddamn year

Not French

Thorgal

Zombillennium

Wasn't this gonna get a movie? What happened to it?

Sur Les Ailes du Monde, Audubon

Really pretty book about Audubon hiking around painting birds.

Bump

Valerian & Laurelin

half of it

I think it's still in development

Dad.

Black and Mortimer or at least the first three books which i read and remember

Ah fuck i forgot if it was originally french

>Black and Mortimer
I found it incredibly boring.
Great art tho.

Blue is the Warmest Color

Kinda, its Quebec french and is published in a magazine in France

Buck Danny

Belgium

Maybe you meant, Tanguy et Laverdure.

>I found it incredibly boring
Even the Secret of the Swordfish?

Skydoll

meant to

This one is really good

This.

I know it's technically Italian, but he did write a number of his stories in French for the franco-communist comic magazine Pif Gadget, so:
Corto Maltese.

Just make sure you pick up the books actually by Hugo Pratt and not the shitty modern revival that shouldn't exist.

It's fucking terrible. I can See why teenagers would like it though.

Great choice.

>English version of book 4 is still half a year away

fuck me

youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

so there's lots of hullabaloo about how french-belgium comics are more sexually liberated

but is there among their ranks a comic that is a celebration of sexuality, not just a gag comic but a nuanced and maybe even profound exploration of the sexual side of humanity? a love letter to sex and infatuation, if you will?

because that's what I'm i the mood for.

Maybe Petit Spirou

>so there's lots of hullabaloo about how french-belgium comics are more sexually liberated

They are not really that liberated, they are just normal. It's American comics which are greatly repressed.

No, that's really not what Petit Spirou is at all.

Petit Spirou is more about the pubescent thrill of a new source of excitement. it's a celebration of titillation rather than sexuality, if that makes sense

Bernard Lhermitte, specifically pic related.
I doubt there's any translation available though.

"A young mother, an office worker in her forties, a disturbed teenager and a peaceful retiree are going to face a strange situation ... Indeed, someone propose to each one of them to kill one of them in exchange for a large sum of money. They will certainly not accept, they are not killers! And yet, morality disappears very quickly when a million dollars is at stake ... There are then very good reasons to cross the red line. And who is the gray eminence that is at the origin of this sordid market? ... The characters seek, cross, move away, cross again, creating a narrative in the spirit of Short Cuts or Pulp Fiction."

"The book tells the story of the artist's early childhood and adolescence, focusing on his relationship with his brother and sister. His brother develops severe and intractable epilepsy, causing the family to seek a variety of solutions from alternative medicine, most dramatically by moving to a commune based on macrobiotic principles. As the epileptic brother loses control of his own life, the artist develops solitary obsessions with cartoons, mythology and war. The book's graphic style becomes increasingly elaborate as the children's fantasy life takes over, with their dreams and fears (including epilepsy itself) appearing as living creatures. In brief interludes, the children appear as adults when the artist begins the process of writing the story."

being an epileptic myself, this book blew my mind.

>the banlieusards are white
Man, that takes me back. A more innocent time.

and it wasn't that long ago.

Yeah, it's pretty horrifying how fast things went all to hell.

I guess the problem is that the sensible have to keep it up every moment, the lunatics only need to get in control once.

Seems like this one's really unnecessary to recommend, but...

Was pretty inaccurate even for its time.

As another epileptic who read that, it's really weird to see just how much epilepsy effects his brother, while my own seizures haven't had a huge effect on my health and general quality of life. More like pic related.

no

Yes. North African immigration (namely towards the banlieues) was very much already a thing in the 60s, the Ricky Banlieue comic is from the 80s.
I grew up in the 80s in the countryside and even we had black and brown people.

French fag here, not really a comic but a "bande dessinée" look un "seul" by gaza gazzotti and vehlmann

Oh yeah and valerian

MA NIGGA

to add to: and and and

Reminds me that I read a gag comic that, among other things, featured a married dude who was hypnotically and surgically enhanced in order to fuck for hours and who also was the media representatives of the Incels.

It was from the 80s or so.

Sha by Olivier Ledroit

UW1

TinTin is belgian, but is good too

Long John Silver

>Pyrenee
>0 results
C´mon, Sup Forums. The only french comic that´s relevant.

Jesus that's beautiful.

Any more french comics dealing with kids, teens, or young adults in dangerous situations, supernatural or otherwise.

All I've read are Alone and Bellybuttons due to Sup Forums storytimes when it comes to French comics.

>Any more french comics dealing with kids, teens, or young adults in dangerous situations, supernatural or otherwise.

More than you can shake a stick at.

Is this France's take on Brave?

>Any more french comics dealing with kids, teens, or young adults in dangerous situations, supernatural or otherwise.

You just described the genre that permeates the market more than anything. It's like asking for an american comic about some sort of vigilante, where does one even begin to answer?

>Not posted yet
You people disgust me.

Violine
Yoko Tsuno
Gaston
Johan and Peewit
Wake/Sillage

...the one with the little dark haired girl. Help me out here.

Bonjour, new waifu.

>...the one with the little dark haired girl. Help me out here.
Can you describe it further? I can think of several that fits this description.

Just read Lastman dumb fucks (I love you guys)

Thorgal best husbando. Kriss de Valnor best waifu. Muff best doge.

>...the one with the little dark haired girl. Help me out here.
This one?

Kairos and Jade by Ulysse Malassagne (I probably butchered that name but whatever) are decent and they're both on comixology (though not translated).

Anyone got links for this?

That's it, thanks.

Reminder that Pierre Seron is slowly dying and will never draw again.

We're all slowly dying, user.

The Cyann Cycle

:(

The Rabbi's Cat

Comic on Pierre Seron by his nephew Frederic Seron (author of Melusine).

It's from 2013, so... yeah.

this guy's right and every Mœbius stuff you can find

Oh I fucking love that one. Come to think of it, graphic memoir is probably my favorite genre in comics.

On that note, Guy Delisle is Quebecois, but he speaks french so I think it still counts. His "Pyongyang" is one of the best things I've ever read about North Korea. Went there for an animation assignment and wrote about ti. Would recommend.

>the only good choice
>Métal Hurlant

heavy metal is the translation of the french comics magazine métal hurlant, just read everything