What If Clinton Dies

Actual question here Sup Forums. Is there any legal/generally accepted policy for if a presidential candidate dies mid campaign? If hildog barks her last, will they postpone or will it be Trump vs Kaine?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/hZ6vE
teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/20431
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The deadlines for candidates to appear on the ballots has passed in most states. I'm sure many would make exceptions though. The bigger problem is trying to push a new candidate two months before the election. That's not nearly enough time.

if my id is 3VgahRFQ

seriously..

shes gunna die/lose/die unhappy

Mootles!

what happens if trump runs uncontested

What the fuck

There is powerful wizardry afoot tonight

Ayyyyyyy lmao

cheeky

He's here.

rip 3 BC - 2018

kek, just pointing out the new faggery we have on the board these days

wat

He's among us.

show us the post you deleted before you made this one

W-what? How?

Well theres something you dont see every day

>post
>get id
>delete post
>make new post predicting ID

Is this... are you Lord Kek????? Have you spoken??

WITNESSED

HIRO IS AMONG US

no its spoofky meme magiks i swear!

??

No candidate died mid campaing, but a candidate died after the popular vote but before the Electoral College voted, he got some votes but they were disallowed by the Congress.
tl;dr: electors can't vote for someone already dead.

WHAT

Look at those eyes. How does any sane above-negroid intelligence person not see an insane monster devoid of emotion.

all hail KEK

Holy fuck

If Hillary dies, there are three possibilities

>1
Because the ballots are set, the democrats push Kaine as their nominee. Trump wins.

>2
Despite the ballots being set, Democrats "nominate" a de-facto nominee who you would vote for via write in. Trump wins.

>3
King Nigger sets an executive order to suspend the election because of "unprecedented and unique circumstances." Eventually, Trump probably wins.

The end times are here. Keks speaks clearly now.

The only ones who can postpone an election are the congress, both houses of which are Republican.

So, no. Clinton dying isn't going to get the Democrats out of this one.

How do you do this.

It will be trump/kaine and I don't think it would be delayed. I am pretty sure it has happened before.

Kek has come

Pls put me in the screen cap

It is either a mod or someone who deleted their original post after writing down their ID and then posted again "predicting" their ID.

My ID will be +dCyYKBY
Kek confirmed real

Trump will win

IT HAS BEEN WILLED!

Pretty clever m8. On topic: the DNC would reconvene and nominate a new candidate. The election can't be postponed without Congress either passing a new law or delegating the authority to set an election date to the president.

Kek is here tonight. Trump confirmed for winning

!

lol the kids on Sup Forums really are easy to troll

Just meme it and see the results.
#RIPHillary
That should be an easy one to pull out.

She literally just told you how.

>she

1337 Anonymous hacker
>Probably their leader

fag you deleted your post didn't you

Kek willing my ID will be 5J4zowgX

ya he did, I caught he posted "nice" before deleting and reposting

When shillary dies the liberal cucks will be split amongst those shit other candidates that dont matter and trump will win

My eyes

Trump wins by default.

Yes

I heard she was fine. Just a touch of Phenomena.

Her people never lie about such things. I'm sure that's all there is to it.

Besides, even if she were dead, I feel she should still be the President. I'm so proud to live in a time where we've destroyed all barriers to true equality.

Finally the dead can do anything the living can.

Realistically, with today's medical technology and the amount of money/influence she has, she's not going to die from pneumonia.

nice dubs on that deleted post fgt

All you fucking illiterate niggers need to go read Article II section 1 of the constitution.

How?

proof or BTFO you faggot
also

People on their pc would be able to see the post. Fucking cancer

archive.is/hZ6vE

Archive, spread, download

Yeah, but how many back-to-back TIAs can she survive?

>3 could start a civil war and military coup against Obama...

>post reply

>delete reply

>post new reply magically knowing ID

alt

>QUICK WE NEED TO CONVINCE Sup Forums, TELL THIS USER HIS ID SO THEY WILL KNOW HE IS ASCENDED

There cannot be an emergency delay of the election due to the death or withdrawal of a candidate, especially not when the opposing party of that candidate is in control of Congress.

What would happen if Hillary withdraws or is otherwise unable to continue her campaign would be an emergency meeting of senior democratic party officials who would be tasked with announcing their party's replacement pick.

And no, Obama cannot, in any circumstance, continue his presidency if Clinton were to no longer be in the race for whatever reason.

No. The election will go on as scheduled if for no other reason than other federal, state, and local elections need to be decided.

The question of what will happen if a candidate dies very shortly before an election is somewhat murky. For Presidential elections, the elected slate of electors could in theory vote for another candidate or be bound by state law to vote for the balloted deceased candidate. Such votes could be invalidated when Congress convenes to count the Electoral Colege votes. In a such a situation,,eg if Deceased Hillary had a 270-268 count, the 270 votes would be invalidated but Trump would not have majority of the Electoral College. The House would have to decide from up to the top 3 vote getters. In this case, you'd only have one qualified candidate. The voting is done by state delegations with each state getting one vote. Twenty six votes wins. The Senate chooses the VP. If the process continues past Jan 20, the VP elect becomes acting president until,somebody is chosen.

If there is a faithless elector who casts a vote for say Gary Johnson, both Johnson and Trump would be eligible candidates. Democrats and Never Trump Reublicans could ally to give Johnson the election.

Many elements of this could be litigated all the way up to the Supreme Court which currently only has 8 members and could split evenly. Added to this would be that many suits could come from different circuit courts and appellate courts could split badly on many decisions which in normal circumstances would be resolved by definitive Supreme Court decisions. A split Court might not able to resolve a number of legal challenges leaving different electoral rules in different parts of the country for a heavily contended and divisive election.

This should be fun to watch.

I wonder what kind of pressure there'd be for the party to nominate Bernie as replacement, considering he was the official second choice.

MOOTLE

teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/20431

Bernie is a shill and sold out why would anyone want that windbag escapes the mind.

She's not going to die. Such a fate is too kind for her.

She is going to suffer a landslide defeat on election night. Then President Trump will have her prosecuted for her numerous crimes against the American people.

Then she will be raped repeatedly in women's prison each and every time she has a seizure.

Then she will die. Then Satan himself shall collect her soul for eternal hellfire and damnation as he legally contracted for so long ago.

wow script kids are magic. lol
itt: newfriends without a clue

I thought the same - what if she dies before November? she's fucking awful but holy fuck the other three are, if perhaps more honest, not Presidential at all.
Aleppo, the GILF, and even Trump - smart guy, but makes no effort to learn anything important he's only in it for himself, his brand. He's just the new Ross Perot, ffs.

I'd assume if Hillary (dead or nearly so) won, then the Congress would acclaim her running mate. I can't imagine the Republicans trying to steal the election or pull any other funny stuff if it was clear the country had elected a Democrat.

Witnessed and praised

If she does get "elected" she will literally "William Henry Harrison" it within a month.

This is a sign. Take it as such.

underrated

Go home mods, you're drunk

What did he mean by this?

I've never seen this happen and I've been here like 8 years

She will go to hell, then spend time in caina and ptolomaea, then she will go to nastrond, staying there until the end of time.

Nastrond SUUUUUCKS. The only thing to drink there is dragon's blood and tears, only thing to eat is rancid corpses, it takes 60 years for a sweat drop to hit the ground, and it takes 100 years for the moon to cross the sky.

Also it stays about -40 deg F and nights last 10,000 times longer than normal.

it must be difficult being new for so long

Well Congress is bound by the terms of the Constitution which spell out what happens when no qualified candidate receives a majority of the Electoral College votes. It won't be stealing as much as "following the rules as directed". There would probably be debate and probably amendment to the Constitution after that happened but that's the law as it stands.

Wow so when Kek appeared (as that backpack) a few days ago on Hillary's jet, he was actually there to poison her or something.

>tfw the DNC will ask people to write in Tim Kaine and Harambe will ironically get 10% of the vote

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

seriously

you are full of shit lmao