Who's gonna buy?

Who's gonna buy?

>No Waaugh

Dropped.

You missed a page.

>we want the gay audience

thanks, I was lazy and just got it from a twitter post

Marvel IS the gay audience. They want the DC Beefcake audience.

You really think people on this board are going to support Meme Lord?

>Zdarsky

no

>Sup Forums
>buying comics

yeah i sure am excited to read about STAR-Lord's adventures not in the stars

no jack flagg?

>Howard the Duck
When this comic isn't fucking meme garbage, it's pretty great. That's what you get with Zdarksy I guess.

They rebooted the entire fucking universe and they still couldn't unfuck the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Jesus Christ Marvel, why are you so fucking incompetent?

even in the art he looks like a middle aged man trying to pretend he's still in his twenties

No shit, Anka is drawing it and he's gay and if you check his tumblr he posts lewd Star-Lord stuff.

Only a matter of time before he takes Rich for a ride.

He's in a coma thanks to HydraCap, the other Guardians hate him for whatever Bendis dumb reason, Stark is dead, Peter, doesn't know Rich is back, Kitty ditched him for the X-Men, everyone else DGAF so yeah he's all alone.

This art is garbage.
The exact thing I avoid in comics.

Dunno.
On the positive side:
>Zdarsky
>Anyone but Bendis writing Peter Quill

On the negative side:
>Who thought putting the Guardians of the Galaxy on Earth was a good idea?
For real, was this just Bendis' passive aggressive way of getting back at the fans for complaining that too much of his Guardians book was Earth-Centric?
It's like:
>Oh you think I put them on Earth too much? Well how do you like this? Now they're stranded there! Ha ha ha!

What is the point in her saying "overhyped" there?

Those claws on the cover. Is Old Man Logan gonna appear in this?

>Star-Lord will never be cool again
>Forever Pratt-Lord

Kill me.

One last Anka mudercarol.

Wait.. what happened to kitty pride? wasn't she starlord Somehow?

Is it just me or is his torso too long?

She fucked off back to the X-Men.

>implying Howard isn't meme garabage now
you are cancer

Someone at Marvel realized how fucking stupid it was and undid it.

Can't wait for shit lord quip fests on the big screen and in print.

>TFW Chris Pratt lord is now the real Star Lord.
You know as long as MCU GotG gets buzz and prints money this will be the case, user.

>was this just Bendis' passive aggressive way of getting back at the fans for complaining that too much of his Guardians book was Earth-Centric?

No, this is Bendis' way of avoiding having strain his brain to write for a sci-fi setting while writing five/six books at a time.

The Guardians have been reduced to street level standalone character stories to make it easier for him to write the comic while he focuses on his passion projects.

Issue one will sell good then issur two will fall to almost cancellation numbers

This isn't them though, it's a shitty parody. It's like they took every superficial element of the movie and ran away with it.

I think I'll go buy the original instead.

I'm giving it a shot. Hopefully this whole grounded business won't last too long. I don't have great faith that things will start looking up for Quill but I'll take what I can get these days.

Buying it for this beautiful variant alone though.

Lotta people will bitch and moan and blame the movie regardless though.

You should, classic Star-Lord is like nine issues total and it's all pretty neat stuff if you ask me. You can really see what Giffen and Gunn in particular were inspired by. He's got a cool meta-story too, an orphaned character patched together by the some of the best in the field who managed to barely cling to life for decades before his renaissance in the 2000s.

I really think it's a shame that Bendis squandered the element gun and nobody's bothered to bring back Ship yet. Her brand of weirdness seems like a such a natural fit for the Guardians.

They better bring back the dance-off, otherwise I won't be buying one.

That's gorgeous. Is it an incentive variant or a regular one?

So is him becoming like the MCU version a symptom of being in the cancerverse for too long?

Anka is gay and beefcake is life

Now Dautermann needs to be put on an ongoing with a male main character

Retailer variant. I pre-ordered it off the books-a-million website. 7.99 and it don't ship til after Christmas, but I had to have it.

It's as good a no-prize as any. IIRC I think it was sorta hinted at in either GotG or Legendary Star-Lord as a sort of post-cancerverse crisis or something. Possibly in an interaction with Thanos? I only bothered with that stuff once.

Not that any current writer cares enough to try and make it a worthwhile story, natch.

>Star Lord
who?

Spoiler: Girls love that if the man in question is tall and athletic.

wtf I hate women now, time to take the red pill and be MGTOW. hail Trump!

Yeah, for like 4 issues.

Why did this go all VGA point and click game in panel 4?

>inb4 "male power fantasy"

And what passion project is that? Cause I've seen his writing on both Iron Man books, and they ain't no Eisner Award Winners.

>Chris Pratt
>appealing to women

Come on, bro.

>they ain't no Eisner Award Winners
No, but he's clearly putting effort into Invincible. That issue had better pacing than anything he's done in the past 5 years.

>>Star Lord man

Since 616 Peter origin has been changed to match Memelord's, I feel like it's quite safe to say that classic, pre-Giffen Star-lord is literally a different character now, who lived in a different universe.

>Since 616 Peter origin has been changed to match Memelord's
But he hasn't. Peter's new origin has him going to space at 18 after stealing a NASA ship (not that far off from his original origin) and his mom was killed by Baddoon, not cancer. It's a new origin, but it's still closer to his original than the movie's.

>Since 616 Peter origin has been changed to match Memelord's
>Memelord

Stop that. And anyway, that's not the case. They've created further parralels, sure, but Jason is still his father and he still had a career in NASA (albeit an even more short-lived one) before he made it into space.

>I feel like it's quite safe to say that classic, pre-Giffen Star-lord is literally a different character now, who lived in a different universe

That's been the case for years already. Earth-719 is the official designation I believe.

I will.
I like Zdarsky's writing and Anka's art.

Chances are he'll be moving Quill back to his original characterization.

>modern marvel
>mcu starlord
FUCK no.

I mean these preview pages alone emphasize his feelings about Earth and space more than anything Bendis or Humphries has written. I'm going to try it, I just hope he's not stuck on Earth for long. I want a Star-Lord solo that gets back to his roots as a Cosmic seeker.

MCU Star-Lord is fine, fuck off.

>MCU Star-Lord is fine, fuck off.
No, he isn't.

Did Kitty divorce him already?

Yeah, he is. Let me guess, you read Conquest and DnA once and now you think you know everything about the character?

They never got married.

Dna was boring as fuck. I preferred the englehart series. Doubt you even know what that is.

How the fuck is star-lord and the guardians still on fucking earth. How the is this even a story arc.

This whole scenario could solved with a single page. Why the fuck did they give bendis so much creative control over marvel.

>Englehart
>series

He wrote one issue. Nice try, poser.

Bendis wants his last arc to be Guardians of Earth. I think he said it's gonna be a year long.

How long has he been on this fucking book?

Too long, like everything he's involved with.

>Chances are he'll be moving Quill back to his original characterization.
But they've straight up stapled "I haven't lived here since I was a kid" from MCU Star-Lord onto him.

No, he says he hasn't lived here in years. And that's true of literally every depiction of Quill. Once he gets to space he doesn't look back. Even Bendis, for all his posturing about Earth's importance and their numerous visits to it, never had Quill maintain any kind of residence there.

Do you people even know why you bitch anymore?

...Okay. I know for a fact that the first time I saw this preview it said "since I was a kid", so I guess the editors caught it?
Still, you're right, my bad.

Yeah, here we are. Newsarama preview version from a month ago.
Gives me a little faith in Marvel editors that they caught that, I guess.

>buying comics
>le current year
Maybe when they fire Nick Spencer.

Fair enough. But even so, the stuff Humphries added recently portrays him ditching Earth at 18 rather than 28, so I'd say that effectively qualifies him as being a kid when he left.

And while I'm not a fan of such de-aging, DnA kinda started it by making him 32 during Thanos Imperative. You're telling me this guy became a galactic legend, did enough time in the kyln to run away from his humanity, fought in two wars, and adventured about with the Guardians all in the span of four years? Mugga please.

It's not even worth pretending some version of the classic stories happened in 616 anymore.

Has Star-Lord ever met Taskmaster?

I bet they'd get along.

Is that Ms. Marvel elbowing Tony in the face?

Is that how he dies?

Since 2012, I think. Also, he said he'll leave after his final mega arc, but I bet the sequel will make him change his mind.

Annihilation through Thanos Imperative, in their universe, was only 2 years.

>Is that Ms. Marvel elbowing Tony in the face?
No, Kamala looks very different from that.

It is, however, Carol, aka Captain Marvel.

Right, which leaves two years for all the classic stories to happen AND for him to do enough time in jail to be forgotten. The timeline's been in question for awhile now.

Still less famous than Rogue

Excuse me user, but she is called the greatest because she has been to the depths of outer space and back. She may have problems, but she does look good handling it. She is the Mighty Captain YAAS QUEEN