Leno appreciation thread

Do we all appreciate Leno more now that every late night host has become a leftist shill? Leno made fun of both sides equally and was never political about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHoT561u1zY
youtube.com/watch?v=iqlJCEqxpoY
youtube.com/watch?v=CvUHEw37LGc
youtube.com/watch?v=SqDP8SnPVA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He had seniority and didn't have to worry about the powers that be ruining his career at a moment's notice.

@88505821

*sigh*

Back to Sup Forums with you!

based leno

sure

Robert Z'Dar?

Leno and Carson are legends

colbert is a legend.......

what are you doing

colbert is a legend you just don't like it because you're the butt of every joke

Maybe he should tell a different joke once every blue moon.

I waited for Kevin to stop laughing and shoot Leno the fuck down.

fuck off faggot. tv is pol so find another safe space to post in

He wasn't just a great guy who wasn't a leftist shill, he also knew the actual point of being the host of a late night show: to make people laugh. And he still makes people laugh on his new show about his numerous cars, and has fun while doing it.

Go fuck yourself, Conan O'brien, you weak little bitch. You wish you had half of the chin Leno has.

Go to fucking bed Jay, nobody likes you still.

>only the left makes fun of trump's massive incompetence

KEK

Ahahaha good one Jay!

@88508211
My son was in the hospital, you know...

Honestly I enjoyed Jay's monlogues I don't know why people hate him so much. A lot better than Letterman's "Lets drop oreos 20 stories to fifth avenue and talk to the asian grocery man" schtick.

BASED KIMMEL

Go to bed Trumpbot

1. Johnny Carson
2. Craig Ferguson
3. Conan O'Brien
4. 80s thru 90s Letterman
5. All the other classic Late Night hosts your Grandparents remember
6. Leno

POWERGAP

9001. 2000s Letterman
9002. Fallon
9003. Colbert
9004. That fat british faggot who sings in cars with B-Celebs
9005. That ratfaced guy who follows Fallon

If Leno was on the air right now, 75% of his monologue jokes would be about Trump too. Isn't his fucking fault ya'll were dumb enough to elect a fucking reality Sup Forums star as president. WTF did you expect moron?

Difference is Leno would just make Trump jokes and then keep doing a Late Show. Whereas all the new hosts want to be serious aka getting on their fucking Soapbox the writers wrote for them.

None of them, NONE whatsoever have the balls to do what Johnny Carson did which was actually get politicians on the show and talk real with them. Johnny Carson actually had insanely good interviews that have aged well. Here's Johnny interviewing then Ex-Governor Reagan. youtube.com/watch?v=SHoT561u1zY

Letterman above Conan. Letterman was a fucking god, and this comes as someone who loved Conan's tenure on Late Night.

youtube.com/watch?v=iqlJCEqxpoY
youtube.com/watch?v=CvUHEw37LGc

And get Jay off the fucking list you bum. He never was and never will be good. His tenure on the Tonight Show was fucking dull and the only people who liked it are coma patients.

Colbert regularly invites politicians, but most Republicans won't show because they're scared shitless.

Can I get a quick rundown on how bad he fucked Conan?

0. kimmel

Yeah I agree with that. Late Night Letterman might very well be the best Late Show period.

It's just that Letterman so horribly destroyed his legacy, two fucking decades of utter mediocrity. If he had rode off into the sunset after 9/11 there'd be a shitload of comedians talking the wonders of Dave, now if you say anything positive about Dave you're just confusing people because only old people and TV Nerds remember classic Dave. Most just know the guy who phoned it in every night.

In a better world Conan O'Brien would just do Serious Jibber-Jabber. God I hope he either interviews Norm MacDonald or Norm interviews him because they're both insanely interesting to listen to long form. Cut up 15 minute segments just can't do them justice.

Conan Without Borders is pretty fun though, his Israel special was pretty good.

Read the archives from eight years ago.

Honestly, NBC fucked Conan more than Leno did, but he certainly went out of his way to sabotage his tenure if only because he wanted to stay in the spotlight. It takes time to find an audience and a voice because what plays on Late Night doesn't necessarily play after the news.

Letterman was garbage

People STILL talk about Dave in reverence - the only people who don't are the kids too young to know what they're talking about.

he was, sorry. even his fans admit he was terrible far longer than he was ever good. and looking at the videos you specifically chose to show off how great he was is not convincing. He sucks

that's nice but as much as it kills you, he'll never be as highly regarded as jay. normies liked his late show better and comedians say he's one of the best stand ups to ever live

>President Bush announced tonight that he believes in democracy and that democracy can exist in Iraq. They can have a strong economy, they can have a good health care plan, and they can have a free and fair voting. Iraq? We can't even get this in Florida.

Conan was a fucking failure on the tonight show and his low ratings followed him to tbs. no sympathy for the bitter cunt.

When has mass appeal ever correlated to quality?

And I never said anything about his standup. That's one of the reasons why I can't stand Jay - he had all the talent in the world and sat on his hands instead. He has no fire to perform, it's just a means to an end.

Conan benefited from coming on after the Tonight Show originally because it allowed his show to be more "out there" instead of having to be the more mass market one leading the night. Taking away his "edge" is what fucked him over on the transition to the Tonight Show

It isn't just about Trump. If they're not talking about Trump, it's gun control, tranny rights, feminism... they're basically just the mouthpieces for every leftist agenda.

Because they're all trying to be Jon Stewart now. Years from now, he'll be known as the guy that killed late night talk shows

You really need to remove that sand from your vagina.

>People STILL talk
Yeah and they fall in two categories. People who fall over 35 and Comedy Nerds.

Howard Stern and David Letterman both went on way too long.

>Howard Stern and David Letterman both went on way too long.
Fair points, but this I can especially agree with.

I still think Craig would've been a better choice than Colbert, and I love(d) Colbert. I still feel like a late night talk show is not the proper venue for him.

Leno will not be remembered.

Letterman will be remembered because he did something different with the format, even if in the grand scheme it was not THAT different.

But none of them will be remembered like Norm.

And none of us will be remembered at all.

Why? Because none of this fucking matters. I don't exist.

>I don't exist.
But I saw you, so you do.

I've always wondered what Jim Carrey would have been like as a talk show host. Same with Sandler

Nah. He's still an unfunny hack.

Stifled and unhappy.

wrong

Damn. I wholeheartedly agree.

Colbert burned bridges with Republicans with the absurd editing shit they pulled at the Daily Show. Simpsons tier stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=SqDP8SnPVA0

Combine that with an audience full of trained baboons who cheer and boo on command, why would any Republican ever go on a such a biased setting? It'd just be Colbert calling them a nazi and then the audience hooting and hollering.

The Jew fears the Jaw

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Instead of insulting me you could give me a legitimate reason why they would go on his show.

>expecting a liberal to have an argument instead of just insulting like a child

Because the scenario you described is an imagined fantasy that you made up to nurse a grudge over imagined slights because you're an overly sensitive child not accustomed to having their worldviews challenged?

Like I said, they'd go on Colbert (or any of the other shows), but they'd be confronted on their lies and Trump's shit. It's the same reason why they avoid their constituents at home too.

Had a hearty laugh reading that as I didn't notice your image till the end. Jimposting needs to be a regular thing.

Hey guys I tell drumpf jokes too
Hahaha...

So no legitimate reason then. Enjoy your echo chamber and further electoral losses.

See pic and despair.

I already put you on the bottom of the list Ratface.

Why would anyone watch these shows in the current year? You’d find random people on YouTube far more entertaining

>Cyrillic
You'd think they'd at least try to hide their tracks when they push their propaganda.

Pretty accurate desu

>This blowout is Russian propaganda! I didn't actually lose!

Keep it up, please. Midterms are coming and I want you as deluded and paranoid as possible. Uniparty soon.

I wonder if Stewart choose the african because he's the furthest from a Jon Stewart you can get. Out of all the Sup Forums comedians, his Daily Show is probably the funnier one.

Deluded? I've accurately predicted every federal election cycle since '04, including Trump's electoral college victory/popular vote loss.

JIM YOU WOKE AF

Let's hear your prediction for 2018 then.

Reminder: There is no blue wave or "Trump effect" reflected in any of the special election result data.

of the current hosts, is he /ourguy/?

I don't get this guy, he can't deliver a joke with a straight face and he's so awkward in interviews.

He's the closest that does the "late night talk show host should just entertain". He's fucking poor at it, but he's the closest there is.

Democratic gains in both houses, but probably not enough to take the Senate. House is possible, though also unlikely due to the advantages built into the electoral map.

So basically a "blue wave", which has no basis in reality.

We'll see soon enough.

>Do we all appreciate Leno more now that every late night host has become a leftist shill?

I appreciate him less for not speaking up to the right's racist and oppressive agenda.

He's a pussy ass bitch. And like all bitches, he got taken out to the backyard and put down.

>HUUURRRRRRR HE DIDN'T MAKE FUN OF LE KEKISTANI TRUMP SO HE IS EPIKLY BASED
Triggered, Trump tard? Need a...safe space?

@88510605
Shitpost Grade: F-

(You) denied. See me after class.

>which has no basis in reality.
Not really. We're seeing in state legislative special elections an overwhelming number of Democratic flips, in very heavy Republican districts. Generally Republicans are the ones who are motivated to turn out and vote in these things, not Democrats, which means that either independents are swinging blue, Republicans are staying home, Democrats are turning out, or any combination of the three.

>state legislative

Stop wasting my time.

>Dm7b5#11

Don't be upset at finding inconvenient answers.

You asked, I delivered. Don't like it? Find another oracle.

We're talking about federal elections here, champ. If you're using state-level data to make federal-level predictions you're a fucking idiot.

>you're a fucking idiot if you use local elections to compare local elections
Okay.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Republicans aren't turning out and losing in elections they normally win, in districts they should dominate. I'm sure these trends will reverse themselves in an election for federal office, on election day when history has shown us time and again that Democratic participation increases relative to Republican numbers.

So many of them fully watched tho, so who are you trying to shit here?

We'll see, little man.

Maybe. I might be dead by then, who knows.

>No Eric Andre

What's the basis for your predictions, oh prophet?

bump

"Talk Show"

He should be on MSNBC

yeah and?

>Dumb shit like trying to hold an interview whilst holding puppies

>Fucking interjects when a guest is telling their story

The bad rep he got for the Trump interview wasn't really deserved, though. But he's a shit comedian/host.