Anyone noticing how real estate markets are becoming a money laundering scheme from the Chinese?

Anyone noticing how real estate markets are becoming a money laundering scheme from the Chinese?

Take a look at cities like Melbourne, Toronto, New York City, London and Paris. All the housing prices have dramatically gone up and so many properties are becoming vacant. I feel like this shit is getting worse each year

how do we stop this

Sounds about right. At some point the whole scheme will have to collapse, and I'm afraid there will be serious consequences.

At least when it happens we might get rid of a bunch of our chinks.

Impose a foreign buyers tax and a vacant lot tax.

Vancouver already did this and their prices are already falling

I live in BC, about an hour away from Vancouver.

30 years old, and almost everyone I talk to aorund my age still lives at home or with family in some form, because its impossible to afford to buy a house here, and rent is getting fucking insane.

Hell I live in a smaller town, and the rent for shitty two bedroom apartments is climbing up to $800+ a month. Outside of this town, in larger towns and cities a two bedroom can easily run you $900-$1000+ a month.

Once you hit Vancouver the prices just skyrocket further.

dont sell houses online to people who dont even have citizenship

UBC student here. I pay $1300 for a one-bedroom. It's insane

I wish someone would shoot Trudeau

If its any consolation Vancouver's real estate market is already crashing.
By next year prices will be probably cut in half

you don't.

you accept the money retire.

living in the prairies so I don't have to deal with this shit (yet).

How can anyone start a thread about this and not mention the #1 destination: VANCOUVER

The foreign buyers tax is a good idea, but I'm afraid it's too little too late. The market is already so massively inflated. I'm willing to wait and see, though.

I think the foreign buyers tax is something like 15%? If that's so, it really ought to be way higher for at least a certain period. Maybe 10 years of 40% tax or some such. I hate to be proposing more taxes, but I really just don't know how else to stop these dirty chinks from utterly destroying the ability of citizens to own their own homes.

>bc of Chinese

How?

This is a meme. Vancouver real estate is not crashing. There has been a very minor adjustment due to the tax. The data that said the market was crashing was just due to the fact that there were no $50M+ sales last month, which seriously increase the mean. Median barely moved and most people think it won't move much.

Canada and all its white women belong to the Chinese.

Bow down to the big Asian cock. White women already have.

Says increasingly nervous renter for the 7th time this decade.

Good, they're gentrifying the cities and keeping the undesirables out

Why is anyone letting foreign nationals purchase property in their country anyway? Drop taxes on purchases by citizens, increase taxes on foreign nationals. Shoot citizens who make straw purchases.

Solved.

The market was already slumping months before the tax was imposed
More and more investors are flooding into Toronto now

Pic related

no, they're not.
only THE RATE OF INCREASE has fallen.

you want to live in Vancouver neighbourhoods such as Dunbar, Shaughnessy, Point Grey, Southlands, and Kerrisdale you have to pony up an average of $3.5+ million.

Stand on Dunbar Street and watch the Lamborghinis and McLarens and Bentleys roll by.

For a detached house in the rest of the city you only need about $1.4million.

I think it's just because vancouver is such a naturally desirable city. Rich people just want to live their because of the natural beauty and city life, and it's never going to change because of a government policy.

it's not crashing at all, it just isn't rising as fast as previously. don't believe the real estate association bullshit.

sales of houses over $15 million have slowed and that has had an effect on the "average" price. Look at the MEDIAN price - it's still increasing, just less dramatically.

Canadian govt is in China aggressively opening more offices to speed more rich Chinese into Canada.

>Why is anyone letting foreign nationals purchase property in their country anyway
because the local populace are not buying new properties since theyre living with their parents so the spice must flow even if its foreigners

see The average price for a home dropped 300,000 in only a month

you're taking the wrong approach entirely. No one who lives in Vancouver would take that seriously.
you must be from Alberta.
you're just copying the American thing, it doesn't work in this situation

This is a good point, Before the Chinese Mainlander invasion Vancouver was...a super-expensive city full of rich people who spend their time skiing at Whistler, mountainbiking, yachting, gardening, driving expensive cars, walking on the beach, and when all that gets too stressful, vacationing in Maui.

The idea that it was affordable previously is a joke.

I think our globalist handlers "elected" to office are sucking the cawk of big foreign dollars but there are a few factors. The boomers trust real estate as an investment and stats show in Van for example chinks only makeup about 10% of home purchases, also Fraser Valley is only so big - supple demand. Banking in Canada is largely driven by mortgages. There is pressure to own a home after a car. There are actually a lot of factors so it probably won't collapse like US market did in 2006 but will go down after some catalyst event and a shitload of "owners" suddenly can't make their monthly payments. Bad time to buy real estate but probably safe in those REITs or whatever instrument spreads the risk. Nowhere is really safe and you can't blame elite corrupt chinks who mostly work in the communist government try and stash some of their cash in a place like Canada. Shitty for people trying to live the classic dream of buying a house and raising a family tho. Good fucking luck!

as explained previously - the MEDIAN price is what you need to look at. the average is affected by the slowdown in houses that sell for over $15million. they disproportionately sway the average.

Houses got so expensive in London they've started buying property in tiny cities like Brighton (150k
population)

man, don't kill his hopes and dreams.

"average" means nothing
you are being conned by the real estate board

look at the median price

how could you fail to mentino fucking vancouver

also youre slow

The bigger the bubble, the louder the pop.

Jesus, how much of a nightmare is it in canada trying to sort out a first home?

The benchmark prices have already stagnated after months of increase
Sales are already declining so maybe in a year it'll level out a bit

Outside of big, desirable cities like Vancouver it isn't that bad. The thing is that the big cities are laughably expensive, and that's what drives up the overall average.

A nice townhouse or something in my city of ~90k people can be had for $160k or so. In the nice, white part of town. I mean, the town is already about 92% white, but still.

>townhouse
>for $160k
mfw housing prices in this country

You're just noticing this now?

It's been going on for a decade

You should come over to Hawaii.
Chinese and Koreans buying land, renting and selling houses at high prices.

I'm pretty sure they're trying to kick out the "middle class" to turn the state of Hawaii into a literal resort island state for the rich

>foreign buyers tax
>pays for refugees so we don't have to

Let the chinks pay for the mudskins