Why was he so fucking smug?

Why was he so fucking smug?

Digits

He had the Fischer account and a Reservation at dorsia

Because he had a res at Dorsia.

>8:30 res at Dorsia on a friday night

Who wouldn't be smug

Paul Allen didn't exist, hes like brad Pitt in Fight Club. Bateman just makes him the focal point of his better image of himself.

If dubs then Cecilia wasn't doing well.

How'd he swing that?

He was afraid that if he showed any sign of weakness, he would crack under pressure and be revealed for the fraud he was. He was putting up as much of a façade as Patrick was.

__ ___ __

Why shouldn't he be

He had a nice business card

I think he's lying

How should I use the hand thing into a conversation?

no can do

Checked

I'm not a fan of the off white coloring. It looks like someone spilled water on it.
I prefer Bryce's card.

After turning 360 degrees and walking away

He was method acting as himself

He's the alpha

chekc em

He had the worst card

This

Only real niggas know that Bryce had the best card

Actually I redact that statement. Louis had the worst card.
best card indeed. It's a shame we never got to see mcdermott's card

Impressive

Citation needed. Oh wait you couldn't possibly provide because both the movie and book are purposefully ambiguous you redditcunt.

Jared Leto is such an underrated actor

He is adequately rated, really needs to cut that method acting bullshit though

People don't take him too seriously because he's too pretty

Post below me gets dubs

Yikes

I still don't know why it was relevant that Bateman got confused with some other guy by the guy he kills. Is it just to show how they're all very similar?

Yes

>Is it just to show how they're all very similar?Yeah. Look at Bateman, Paul Allen, his co-workers, they were ALL the same. They were vain, they all focused on how they wanted to be perceived (having nice reading glasses, nice suits, business cards, having reservations have top-tier restaurants. It was meant to show the rising materialism/consumerism of the 80s. At the end of the day they were all the same. Rich white boys with slicked back hair.

The whole point of the movie is about conformity and how everyone is superficial and fake.

Yes.

shit didn't mean to greentext the whole thing. But yeah, there was nothing to differentiate themselves from each other. If you read the book you'd often see how everyone mixed each other up. It's how Bateman (supposedly) got away with Paul Allen's murder. Because some guy confirmed he saw Paul Allen after he was killed.

Mistaken identity is a plot device in the movie. The ambiguous ending is built on this fundamental misunderstanding.
One theory is that Bateman's lawyer cleaned up after him and was only pretending not to recognize him so he would drop the paul allen confession.

The scene with the landlady was creepy as hell. Also with the lawyer. The both looked like reptiles.

>yfw when you realize that Luis lets it hang when confronting Bateman

do SJW's think that bateman represents how the average white man views himself?

Yeah, I got eyes wide shut vibes from the landlady. Why did she ask him about an ad in the Times if there never was one? Why did she tell him to leave and never come back?
The lawyer was creepy as shit too with his stone faced glare at bateman when he wouldn't drop it.

identical numerals

BATEMAN

JEWS

kino shuffle right there.

Did you not see his business card?

Really sneeds my chucks.

Lucky Jew basterd

He had dubs

Why did they change his name? He was Paul Owen in the novel.

Woah woah... Are you Craigposting without my signed permission you wee yid cunt?

LL
They had to change his name so there were alphabet dubs

Fuck kikes.

>Why did she ask him about an ad in the Times if there never was one?

Because they wanted a sale so they cleaned up the place. Never would be able to sell that real estate at a high price if the public new multiple murders happened there. I get that the movie makes it lean more that he imagined everything, but this scene has heavy weight to it for the other side.

Cool it with the anti-semitic remarks.

With these dubs

It would've been cool if the film went back and forth between Christmas/New Years and summer like the book did. It really hammered down the one note aspect of Patrick's life, including the murders.

>(((Bateman)))

Even the Detective said someone thought they saw Allen in London but it was someone else

OH I FORGOT.

BATEMAN IS DATING SOMEONE FROM THE (((ACLU))).

She knew he was up to something so she threw out a believable but fake question to see if he'd take he bait