Why did he have to die?

Why did he have to die?

Is he too OP for CivilWar?

Because fox

Not really, normies don't know how broken super speed is. They could have him trip on a rock and they would accept it.

Because they didn't want to have to worry about writing a scene in every fucking movie where he gets shot in the ankle and can't move super fast so people don't ask "why didn't quick-ass stop everything bad from happening?"

No

Yes

>Whedon kills off Coulson and people complain because his death wasn't permanent (inb4 AoS-not-canonfags)
>Whedon kills off Quicksilver and people complain because he killed off a cool character and he stayed dead
>Joe and Anthony Russo didn't kill off anyone in CW and people complain that it was a movie without consequence because people equate impact with death

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. QS dying gave SW a chance to shine as her own entity though, and of the two, she's the more fascinating character.

I don't love that QS died, but honestly...people would have bitched anyway. I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought him back through some means yet.

>but honestly...people would have bitched anyway
Yeah, but it wouldn't have been me bitching, so I don't give a shit.
Fuck Whedon for killing him off

>Why did he have to die?
Because Whedon wanted to go meta and fuck with the expectations he had built up that Hawkeye would die, and with his reputation for killing off characters.
>didn't see that comink?

>>Whedon kills off Coulson and people complain because his death wasn't permanent (inb4 AoS-not-canonfags)
That wasn't Whedon's decision, and an OC and Quicksilver aren't really the same.

>QS dying gave SW a chance to shine as her own entity though
Oh yeah, his 5 lines of dialogue really overshadowed her before that.

>Whedon kills off Coulson and people complain because his death wasn't permanent (inb4 AoS-not-canonfags)
>Joe and Anthony Russo didn't kill off anyone in CW and people complain that it was a movie without consequence because people equate impact with death

These are both the same basic complaint, dweeb.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would have always felt like a duo, a double act, a pair. Which they were in the movie, and were in the comics for a long time.

Post AoU, she's gotten to shine as her OWN character. Not one half of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. IF quicksilver was in CW, you can bet your ass she wouldn't have had half as much of the precious little Wanda time we got, because it would have been split between the two.

So I'm right twice? Okay.
It's not uncommon to use two points to drive home an argument, so I don't see what your point is.

>Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would have always felt like a duo, a double act, a pair.
Because that's what they are.

>Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would have always felt like a duo, a double act, a pair.
Or not. You just have to write them as individuals.

>you can bet your ass she wouldn't have had half as much of the precious little Wanda time we got, because it would have been split between the two.
Like time is split between the 12 characters already?

Your reasoning doesn't make sense.

Also Wanda a shit, go to bed waifufag.

Which is exactly what I said.

Aaaaaand not anymore.

Which is *sigh* why Wanda now has to be her own character, and as the more interesting of the two, this aint a bad thing.

Did Sup Forums lose all it's reading comprehension all of a sudden?

They were still both their own characters, even when they came as a pair. Have you even fucking read any old Avengers books?

>*sigh*
Nigga really.
Back to whatever shitty general you came out of.

Characters are only as interesting as you write them, Wanda isn't inherently more interestng than Pietro.

>You people don't know what you want!
>As proof, here are two instances of you complaining about the same thing!

Truly a masterful argument, sempai.

he doesn't have qt powers

He was the worst part of the movie.

Saoirse Ronan would have been better

but that's a man

I've read Busiek Avengers, where Wanda was practically second in command, while Quicksilver only had one issue where he showed up.

This tbqh.

One phrase to end all...#FoxBotch

dont worry he will come back because TAHITI

Quicksilver always gets the short end of the stick in the comics, might as well mirror it in the films as well.

Probably so they can demonstrate the power of the life gem later on then kill someone huge.

Here's the thought process:
>I have to kill off an Avenger for this movie to have weight and for Ultron to feel like a threat
>Can't kill off Iron Man, Cap, Thor or Hulk because they're important and Marvel wants them to be in more movies
>Killing Black Widow would be problematic because it's a woman in the minority
>Hawkeye could die, but it would be too predictable and Jeremy Renner would hate me forever after having almost nothing to do in the first one
>Vision only just appeared like one scene ago and is more useful for later movies
>Scarlet Witch is my waifu and again, can't kill women in the minority
>Quicksilver could potentially make writing future movies harder, plus competing with FOX over who is doing him better is no fun. There's also no important reason to keep him alive.
>I guess it's settled then.

QS is too OP for the MCU. Group of enemy soilders? They are all unarmed. Need to race somewhere cause ticking clock? No need to worry!

I honestly thought it would've been War Machine who died in Age of Ultron,

tfw to fast to live

Quicksilver could have stuck around. If Civil War found room for 200 other characters it could have found room for him.

I think part of the explanation is that Whedon wanted Vision and Scarlet Witch in the movie because he's a '70s kid, and in the '70s that was Marvel's OTP couple along with Cyclops/Phoenix. Quicksilver was not a regular member of the Avengers when Whedon was reading the comics.

So his thinking goes like:
> I'm making Ultron
> Can't introduce Ultron without Vision
> Can't introduce Vision without Scarlet Witch
> Can't introduce Scarlet Witch without Quicksilver
> Quicksilver's expendable

Plus with the rights snafu Marvel probably didn't care if he killed off Quicksilver. They'd have fought him on anyone else.

kek

He was expendable.

When has the MCU ever made a good decision? Series of garbage ideas that idiots lap up.

I'd love to see him in Quicksilver: Son of M movie, it would follow House of M movie, Wolverine: House of M. First they'd need to introduce mutants to MCU. So yeah, as others said, FOX is the reason.

>not a new IP
>replies to OP
Someone's mad.

Licensing issues.

And one of you complaining about the opposite.

> I'm making Ultron
> Can't introduce Ultron without Vision
> Can't introduce Vision without Scarlet Witch
> Can't introduce Scarlet Witch without Quicksilver
> Quicksilver's expendable

And somehow you can have all those without Wonder Man
And Ultron without Pym

Sometimes I wonder if he even read the comics or is just bullshitting

The Pym problem stems from Edgar Wright being a lazy fuck.

>Marvel announces intent to use Pietro and Wanda as the rights are in a grey area
>Fox scrambles to beat them to it by sticking Peter in DOFP with a reference to his sister
>Marvel's QS is killed off in his first outing
>Since then Marvel uses Scarlett Witch while Fox continues to use Quicksilver, with no further mention of his family members

Yeah, pretty much.

Fox scarmbled to use quicksilver to maximize the rights to the character
Marvel sees, kills off quicksilver but makes Wanda a main contender
Fox overpowers Quicksilver to the point of Mary Sueness who only has weaknesses upon plot convenience

>"why didn't quick-ass stop everything bad from happening?"

Given by how they handled Vision in civil war, they could as well only show him for a few seconds here and there during battles, hoping that noone in the audience would notice that he could solve the whole problem in like 5 seconds.

didn't she get ass implants?

wat

In the airport fight they had Hawkeye's electricity arrow stun-lock Vision for basically the whole fight. Just let War Machine's little electricity hammer stun-lock Quicksilver. Problem solved.

gfycat (put a dot here) com/FrigidFrequentArgentineruddyduck
that her no? wasn't she flat af before?

>In the airport fight they had Hawkeye's electricity arrow stun-lock Vision for basically the whole fight.

I don't know how to feel about this, because it is as retarded as any other comic explanation. Overall it is really hilarious how Studios try to deal with issues which comic artists had to deal since decades.

That's Mckayla Maroney. Not Elizabeth Olsen.

They don't look alike at all, nigga.

>he killed off a cool character
who the fuck thought QuickSlav was cool!?

>Mckayla Maroney
was he linking to this? Aly Raisman is superior btw

wtf you're right
I guess the black hair confused me
that or I have eye cancer idk

Motherfucker was perfectly Pietro. I even loved
>What, you didn't see that coming?
before Whedon used it to speak directly to the audience. Yes, asshole I did see that coming.