Was she ever written well?

Was she ever written well?

Morrison's Earth One.

azz's run

Maybe originally. Old WW had weaknesses, flaws and ideas that made her relatable.

Modern WW is a psycho bitch who on several occasions has been noted to have;

Strength equal to Superman
Speed equal to Flash
Fighting prowess beyond Batman's
Can Fly
No weakness besides 'getting tired'

People complain that Supes is too OP, yet completely ignore how broken WW is.

Yeah but she's allowed to be Op because she's a woman, you sexist prick.

Is this a rec thread in disguise? Because you could just go read some WW material and decide for yourself. But I guess you prefer looking like an ignorant moron.

Seriously, this like if I made a Firestorm thread ostensibly just to trash talk him. The fuck, user?

Most of the time after Crisis. The only bad WW run was Finchs'.

>But I guess you prefer looking like an ignorant moron.
Where do you think you are?

Azzerelos run

I really like that run. The characters actually felt like characters, and they acted believable within the bounds of the characters they established.

What is her weakness?

Perez
Messner-Loebs
Jimenez
Simonson
Rucka
Azzarello

There's no such thing as an "OP" character, it's not a fucking video game.

New creative teams.

What's Green Lantern's weakness?
What's the Flash's weakness?
What's Spider-Man's weakness?

"she's not all that" in every aspect
poison

>What's Green Lantern's weakness?
Fear

>What's the Flash's weakness?
Quicksand

>What's Spider-Man's weakness?
No buildings

>The only bad WW run was Finchs'.

>Messner-Loebs (at least with Deodato)
>Byrne
>Allan Heinberg (the writer of the movie)
>Jodi Picoult
>Straczynski

All mediocre to bad
And Gail Simone had a lot of shitty issues too

>Messner-Loebs
Can't argue with the rest.

Being overpowered in terms of strength,magical opponents or any enemy with a power that can't be beaten with strength and combat skill.She isn't like superman they are a lot of things that can hurt her

>talking shit about WML
Get out.

Also, Strazynski's run was fine. Unremarkable, but fine.

Haven't read Simonson's run. What was it about?

1. I will never understand Sup Forums's retarded obsession with WML
2. I indicated that it was his issues with Deodato, which are the worst of his run.

i liked wonder woman in kingdom come

Necks

She was awful in it. Look at that characterization. All it does is paint her as violent, cold, thickheaded and uncompromising, and set the stage for her to later be BTFO by Batman.

>What's Spider-Man's weakness
Guilt.

Wood and yellow... oh wait. Hack writers.

Animated suits

>Fear
Having fear makes you not fit to be a Green Lantern. The requirements are literally being able to overcome fear. So no, that's not their weakness.

Their weakness is their rings running out of juice.

>implying she ever was
WW is support character to Batman and Superman, deal with it. She is fucking boring solo. She can only be good while interacting with other heroes.

Yup.

>she can only be good while being written the worst ways ever

look at pic above your post, mate. The Hiketeia is interesting only because there is Bruce. And all this shit happened after Kelly's JLA and they still love/like each other, tension and shit

hiketeia is not interesting

More interesting than any WW story though.

It's interesting before he shows up. I think the bigger issue is that her supporting cast is garbage. He's only really important to that story as someone who it's a big deal for Wonder Woman to say no to.

The best thing that could happen to her comic is for her to get some interesting side characters added in. She's most interesting in stories with Supes and Batman because they give a supporting cast that isn't bland and ill-defined.

That's what i'm talking about. And I don't think she'll get any good suporting characters soon. So, I'd continue to wait for next Trinity

>1. I will never understand Sup Forums's retarded obsession with WML

It's wacky fun. There's nothing bad about it.

Brunettes

I know people shit on Az for throwing out everything from before their run but it captured the spirit of wonder woman so damn perfectly that I still love it.
Diana rebelling against her nature as the God of War captured the paradox of the merciful warrior that is Wonder Woman absolutely perfectly.

Azz run and Perez (at the beginning)...

Depending on the version: being willingly tied up, being tied up by a man, being tied up with her lasso, touch based hyper-empathy, not actually being bullet proof other than her wristbands, lack of knowledge or understanding of "man's world", over reliance on martial training, over reliance on diplomacy, ancient moral code that flat out doesn't mesh with modern standards, specific magic and magical creatures, fealty to the gods, unwillingness to cause harm for the greater good, over-willingness to cause harm for the greater good

>Green Lantern
Depending on the version: wood, the color yellow, fear, being a lone wold loos cannon, general emotional problems, having a strictly limited amount of power available before having to take a break to perform a ritual with a reasonably fragile glowing artifact that has to be used in an even larger ritual to repower itself on an alien world every so often, that he green lantern rings work off poorly made stolen magic, that green lantern rings work of chained gods, green lantern corps law and bureaucracy

>Flash

Hubris, overconfidence, speed force, anything that cannot be solved by being fast or time travel, time travel, very poor decisions (particularly related to time travel), boomerangs, actually only being resilient as a normal human when not moving fast, secret identity.

>Spider-Man
Guilt, pride, overconfidence, under confidence, double life, teenage shit (hormones, lack of experience with the world or relationships etc), being poor, when rich not being used to having large sums of money, RIDICULOUSLY low self worth and self imposed poor lifestyle.

And they all have the weakness of being comic book characters who have to follow the plot, story, memos, directives, tie ins, events, crises, marketing gambits etc etc

And the meta weakness that none of them actually exist outside of the minds of sentient beings as they are comic book characters.

A lot of things can hurt Superman too. I don't know where people get the idea that nothing can hurt him.

Yes.

Why is Sup Forums always shitposting against Wonder Woman?

I loved that run so much. It's a shame that I went into Rucka's run having such high expectations. It just feels like the current story is one giant retcon.

I look at Azz's run as more of an Elseworlds. They really should just repackage it and sell it as All-Star Wonder Woman.

>There's no such thing as an "OP" character
Prove it.

Because no one here reads comics and we're infested with Sup Forums

What the fuck does Sup Forums have to do with it? You sound like the muh Russian faggots at this point blaming Sup Forums for everything.

Feminine vanity and

>Because no one here reads comics
If you read comics you'd know WW has always been shit.

Sup Forums ladies and gentlemen. They can't resist shitposting when people talk about them.

Beware tumblr nigger, you're in for some triggers!

t. Someone who doesn't read comics

She's been largely well written since COIE.

Liberals ladies and gentlemen. They have a scapegoat for everything because they can't take responsibility for their own shitty decisions.

>consistent canon
>comics

user, you don't really think this, do you?

Depends. In some incarnations having her wrists bound takes away her powers. She also can't directly disobey her patron gods usually.
She is almost always second best in all her powers compared to other heroes
Not quite as smart Bats
Not quite as strong as Supes
Not quite as fast as Supes or Flash
Not quite as magically damaging as Marvel
Also villains use her mercy against her sometimes.
Because Sup Forums has to overcompensate all the time to look cool for the other boards so they hate things tumblr or women like

Chloroform + binding her with her own lasso = mostly effective

that neck position is messing me up

it's like one of those optical illusion pics

i can't tell if that's her back or front and leg position makes it only more confusing

The answer to all three: banana peels.

haha what the fuck

Even Golden Age Wondy should be strong enough to resist that, this is bonkers

Yes, there is, you close-minded retard