Anime Influence

How much anime influence should be allowed?

You sick fuck!

Anime influence is perfectly fine as longg as it isn't a poorly executed attempt to get a weeabo audience.

No higher than four.

that streak of hair that won't fall in line with the rest of it, jutting up into the air, that's where I draw the line, I hate that shit

max 3

I never have seen an anime go beyond 7.

all of those are anime`

Max 6, 7 for chibis

The ahoge, it's a symbol of a klutz but I think it was Lucky Star that popularized it taking on a life of its own and that's shit.

2-3 are my favorite, 1 is acceptable, the rest is meh to garbage the more "uguuu" it gets.

I would prefer animators adopt anime techniques rather than sloppily copying anime design.

-Go beyond squash and stretch, and begin to understand them as optical effects.
-Solid, consistent structural drawing.
-Modern cinematography that breaks away from 3/4 stage view.
-Linework that is clean but still full of organic life. (I'm looking at you, Cartoon Network.)
-Particle effects/physics. It's a big part of why their fight scenes look better.

...and so on. Just don't stop at the most superficial stuff.

>Lucky star
I know I'm not on Sup Forums but user pls.

Whatever looks good

I hate it when special snowflakes use their own ugly art "style"

I have never seen a non parody go beyond seven in my life. And seven is borderline too big, anyway. Anything between one and six is fine to me.

2, 5, 7.

>How much anime influence should be allowed?
As much as the creative director wants.

>I never have seen an anime go beyond 7.

I bet you never watched 90s anime.

>big eyes influence

No, not really.

And jesus christ, can this artist not draw faces from the side.

Who gives a shit.

Personally it varies, especially what anime you use. Like for example, my style is very reminiscent of early dragonball (half circles with dot eyes. and very stocky bodies.)
But it's rare that someone would point it out. Half the time my art gets compared to SU, Peanuts or Scott Pilgrim.

So it all depends on which features you take from anime and what inspires you. Not every anime looks like the "cliche" anime and not Every artist takes the same inspirations from anime.

I'm starting to see where Christopher Hart took his inspiration from when making those How to Draw Manga, books.

Saber Marionette was the liefeld comics of anime.

1-4

Start at one and stay at one.
Anime is a meme that should stay in its own little radioactive containment zone.

>says the much more niche audience
Lel

Wasn't big eyes something anime took from cartoons?

4 or 5 should be the cut off

6-7 are pretty much outdated in terms of styles

and as far as eye shapes go, most modern anime now take a more streamline approach.

max 4 and rush B

It got popularized by Tezuka (the "god of manga) who was a massive Disney fanboy.

Manga is usually build around an idea, weres western comics are build around an opinion.

Those are all anime influenced. All of it is terrible. Go home.

3 or 4

Who is this?

1 and 4 are the best.

>When Shaggy and Jimmy used the potara earrings.png

hes well improved

anything beyond 2 is not ok

Two is best, Three is acceptable for commercial anime and such. One is for pretentious movies using rotoscopy instead of real animators.

Everything else should not be used outside of self aware parodies.

One still looks like anime too me (see Jin-Roh).

I'm good with 1-4, maybe 5. 6 and up is too far into "uguu~!" territory.

FYI, western illustrators never get anime right. As for your question, whatever works for them.

More than CalArts.

All of them can fit into anime. Just people thinking anime is all uguu big eyes.

Saber Marionette was my jam.

Woah seriously? The same guy?

Which ones would you fuck Sup Forums?
For me it's 1 til 9

Cartoons need more cute lolis(And fanservice,too)

>jam
I get it

Her eyes aren't even that big. People exaggerate how big the eyes Kotobuki's drew eyes.

The Ova was better, It got a Dark and gritty feel,a naked Loli and a bittersweet ending.

Why is Accel stealing litttle girls?

America isn't good at making sexy girls.

Why not?

>This was drawn by the Saber Marionette J guy

Holy shit, what an improvement.

I was going to say the same except I'd add that while 4 is acceptable I would still prefer the first 3

>Wasn't big eyes something anime took from cartoons?

Big cartoonish eyes are literally what cartoons are.

Any of these is better than the current Cartoon Network style.

Most of current cartoons have bigger eyes than any anime character.

>Big cartoonish eyes are literally what cartoons are.

I agree with this. Its these details that I really enjoy in anime/manga.

Cartoons are just simplified or exaggerated images. Big or small.

>Big cartoonish eyes are literally what cartoons are.

flesh colored sclera is not the same thing.

God American cartoons suck now.

The lack of furry in current american cartoons is disgusting.

Furry characters are literally the only things that western cartoons have over eastern cartoons though.

That's cuz western animation is oversaturated with furry.

You can find art of his from back in the day, like 92-93ish that isn't so ridiculous. Some fits the look of anime at the time but some is pretty subdued, in a word. SMJ was just going for some crazy Obari level shit.

That's a good thing desu

>USED TO HAVE....
Now look at all the CalArt shit trying to be "MUH MAGICAL GIRLS ANIME" or "MUH SLAYERS RIP OFF" they forgot about the important stuff: Anime has fanservice,blood or both.

what's with the small pupils in cartoons?

They fear japan.

They keep trying and failing to emulate anime which is why we keep getting garbage ripoffs.

Why instead of trying to emulate something superior they just make a good cartoon by themselves.

>Why instead of trying to emulate something superior they just make a good cartoon by themselves.

Because they like being trendy and "experimental" (Pretentious).

Papi wa cute butt!!

>Pretentious
Yup,that's a problem lots of cartoons have lately.

This much

Americans have been trying to emulate Japanese animation and pop culture for a good while now. It never turns out right, not to say the works suck but the art always feels weird.

CalArts + Anime = TURD.

>CalArts + Anime

Amen.

cont'd

2-9 all look like different styles of anime though

This is the stupidest thread I've seen in a long while, of course it's Sup Forumsmblr so that's to be expected.

Anime has all those you listed, from 1 to 9. There is no "more anime" and "less anime"

No more. . .please.