So... my normie gf loves this, even though she doesn't know 95% of the films referenced in this movie...

So... my normie gf loves this, even though she doesn't know 95% of the films referenced in this movie, something that made it a lot more enjoyable for me.

Recommend me movies that's similar to this. Not necessarily coming of age films, just movies that has the same feel or whatever. Anything from the 90's to present.

Brick
Frank
Assassination of a High School President

I keep confusing this movie with The Road Within, even now I spent a split second wondering about what film references you were talking about, and how I could have missed them. So I guess that's a suggestion.

I've seen Brick.
Will check out the other two, esp Frank. Sounds like the kind of movie I could enjoy.

>normie
Don't kid yourself into thinking you're not a normalfag.

You don't know the meaning of a fucking normie.

>black man white women
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME

Not yet but someday I hope to finally climb out of this deep hole. Still in my transition into normalhood and it's not that easy. I'm halfway there. But, yeah, I've unsuccessfully committed suicide twice in the past if that makes you feel better.

Tell me please, what does it mean? Let me join you're Sup Forums club.

Calm down, cuck.

You have a girlfriend and made a thread about an admitted normie coming of age movie and your limit on what you will watch is the 90s

neck urself normie

>Me
>Black guy
>Girl
>Little friendship never killed anyone
>White boy icecream/penis lowered
>Black boy icecream/penis high up
WTF this movie about?

Test

I'm asking for recs to watch with my gf who's new into this territory. It's a gradual process. Someday we'll watch Sokurov together.

I'm sorry you don't have a girlfriend. Now, please get out of my thread.

River's Edge

OP here. Watch it, you won't regret it. The posters are shit, I know, but the film is a gem.

I've actually seen this, but thanks for the rec.

>normie gf
do you think you're not a normalfag too? fuck off.

No, I chew on masking tapes and masturbate to silent films. But thanks for stopping by.

Here's a tip next time you want to pretend like you belong here: only reddit migrants and /r/Sup Forums users say "normie."

>belong here

HAHAHAHAHA Is that how you feel around here? You sound like you're 14. Please, stop.

I know this movie is typical film festivalbait but it crushed me. I wept hard.

Watch restless.

500 days of summer
Seeking a friend for the end of the world
extremely loud and incredibly close
ashby
admission
everything is illuminated
garden state

I really like this movie.
These are the movies that have the same type of tone:

>My Sassy Girl (Korean version)
>Royal Tenenbaums
>Stranger Than Fiction

I would agree with
>Seeking a friend for the end of the world
>garden state

>I would agree with
Nah you should not, you haven't watched >3 movies from that list.

Broken (2012)
Submarine (2010)

Yeap, i get what you mean.
I should've specified that i haven't watched 3
>ashby
>admission
>everything is illuminated
out of the 7 and only 2 out of the 4 i did watch has a similar tone to OP, in my opinion.

>out of the 7

sure

>Someday we'll watch Sokurov together.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No, you won't.

?

>being this paranoid
They don't even talk most of the film

>dont talk
>still bang
Literally cannot stop the propaganda.

>get a gf in filmschool
>we watch the same shit
It might sound fun to watch Tarkovsky with your gf ,but trust me, it isn't.

Youth in Revolt

I hate this film and anyone who likes it. It tries to be so self-aware of its own clichés, but it all ends up feeling disgustingly self-flattering. Couldn't even get through half of it.

>But, yeah, I've unsuccessfully committed suicide twice in the past if that makes you feel better.
You're possibly the biggest attention whore crybaby on this website.

>disgustingly self-flattering
I really wouldn't go that far but it certainly doesn't pull off the tearjerking cliches as well as it thinks it does, making the (ironic lack of) self-awareness obnoxious.

I remember watching this movie was one of the worst movies I ever watched.

perks of being a wall flower is good.

Breaking Away

Watch more movies you entry-level faggot.

Thanks for the suggestion OP, I liked it. Again, that's coming from a normie who barely watches any good films (or films at all). Try Broken (Cillian and Roth), and Submarine. Alex turner did the soundtrack for Submarine, it's serene.
I loved Frank and Juno as well.

Yes, we're aware of your unhealthy cuck fetish and the absurd projections that it causes. Now please seek help. I bet you get trigger by this picture.

What I saw the movie she didn't had sex with the black dude