How many of the Chucky movies are worth watching?

How many of the Chucky movies are worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hINKPJ-kFn8
youtube.com/watch?v=yScpyjpilzk
youtube.com/watch?v=uzQTsbSfQbA
youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1DHgdVKeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1 and the ones with Jennifer Tilly

The last one and the one about the military academy are the only ones offhand that I specifically remember not being worthwhile.

eve chucky gets a cunie

1 and 2 are worth the watch.

Bride of Chucky is worth a gander from curiosity.

That's it.

I would watch 1,2,4,6,7

i'm sort of part of it's built in audience, but i guess 1-4. 5 nukes the fridge and these last 2 are really only for pure chucky fans

Only the one where Chucky is at a military school

Zeros

Is there a more recent one than the wheelchair girl or whatever?

Chucky's sucky and fucky

>Nukes the fridge
*doffs trilby*

totally love the chucky movies, it's like self aware comedy horror trash. it's fun for a while but don't expect anything deep.

1 2 3 and maybe 4

curse, the sixth one sort of reboots the narrative. wheelie and andy are in the new one that just came out. warning: super low budget ie one location per movie

>Child's Play
Goofy slasher that's decent fun
>Child's Play 2
More of the same, fairly mediocre
>Child's Play 3
Trash
>Bride of Chucky
Fun slasher-comedy hybrid. Has prime Jennifer Tilly in it. Best in the series.
>Seed of Chucky
Full on wacky comedy. Very hit and miss, but kinda funny imo
>Curse of Chucky
Boring for its first 1/3rd but rest is a goofy slasher like the original.

Haven't watched the new one yet.

Heard the "remake" one was actually good. It just pissed some people off because of the fakeout.

1 is great and 2 is kino, everything else is optional

Child's Play: Chucky in the hood is quite good.

Theyre all good for different reasons, The series holds up better than any other Slasher Franchise because its tbeen the same guy writing every single movie

1-3 are great classic slashers

4-5 are fun Scream-esque parodies

6-7 are a surprisingly great return to the slasher genera. The wheelchair girl is fantastic and they somehow tie the entire series cannon together into something that makes sense.

Formerly Chucky's is my favorite. Weird that they saved their best for a prequel

Cult was pretty disappointing. And false marketing as the synopsis said Andy would face off against Tiffany when they really had no scenes together, only a phone call.

>childs play 2 mediocre
it is, up until the end when they get to the factory, then it turns up the dial.

man they had lax security at that factory

>that part at the beginning where demonic lightening shoots out of his eyes and fries a dude and everyone's just like, "huh, that was weird."

>tfw legitimately scared of Chucky because of watching it as a 5 year old

A lot of people dismiss 3 but it's my favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=hINKPJ-kFn8
>best opening scene
>best theme
>best blend of horror and comedy
>handful of good kills
>best OG chucky design
>great puppet effects

The last 3 were awful.

I don't who keeps paying for this, must be a money laundering scheme.

I can't believe i was so scared of this supernatual manlet when I was a kid

none are worth watching.

chances are you're too young to have even seen what child's play was referencing

What was it referencing. I know he's based on those Buddy dolls, is that what you mean?

Only the first one and only back in the 80's.
It aged like a fine cheese stored in direct sunlight.

it makes sense, when you are a kid the idea of a living murderous toy about the same size as a small child is frightening.
But as you get older and bigger you realize you could just plain punt the little fucker away.

All of them except seed, 3 is mediocre as fuck but has a few bits worth seeing.

Kys

I didn't think cult of Chucky was bad, but the ending feel like a crab people South Park ending. That they got to the end and realized they forgot to write an ending so half assed a way of ending it.

>All the Andy stuff was pointless
>So after they left there was just a hospital full of Chucky dolls?
>Again what happens to Andy after the ending
>If now Chucky can jump into any body why bother sending the dolls in, just take over creepy suspicious make nurse guy or some staff member
>What was the purpose of the Chucky head and kept in the safe?
>They almost make it seem like all the Chuckys are connected sharing a brain, so why didn't Andy's Chucky warn them of Andy's plan?

All except seed. They even retconed it in the new movie
Also who else would have molested a handicapped and mentally unstable nica

daily reminder Cult of Chucky has another end of credits sequence. I didn't even realize it until today going back through it just to doublecheck. Personally I think it redeems a lot of the movie.

Also why would chucky possess a wanted and easily defeated body.

I actually really liked Cult, but Andy really had no purpose in the movie other than being a plot device. That aspect was disappointing.

Which one?
the one with the chick from childs play 2

(Formerly Sneedy)

Andy's only purpose felt like it was a red herring, making us think he had the one true Chucky doll. But half way through the movie he just becomes a useless plot device.

Also can someone tell me what the after credits sequence was? I watched it on Netflix and they aren't keen on showing that stuff.

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=yScpyjpilzk

Thanks my dude, that was a nice little nod towards 2 which was always my favorite one of the series.

>watch 4
>skip 3

>>If now Chucky can jump into any body why bother sending the dolls in, just take over creepy suspicious make nurse guy or some staff member

It was established on one of the movies that Chucky has grown to accept his role as Chucky the immortal killer doll

This movie was step backward because he wants to inhabit a human body again

Yeah, it was unfortunate, but if they do get to make a sequel with Kyle as the lead (since user already linked you the bit), I'm totally down.

youtube.com/watch?v=uzQTsbSfQbA

/ourguy/

>"You fucking should be..."
What did he mean by this?

>Skip 3 which was the last actually serious horror movie of the series

>But watch seed of Chucky

>forgot to write an ending
nigga they revealed he could do that 20 minutes in

actually serious
>quiping left and right
>dourif doing jack nicholson impression (holy shit i just realized they did a whole movie in an asylum and didn't do ONE cuckoo's nest gag which dourif was in!!!)
>one guy has a heart attack when he sees chucky

i'm hoping this whole 'cult' concept actually brings his relationship with demballa, the evil voodoo god back. i mean, that's why he killed people in the first place right? he's his servant?

Child's play was never serious. I meant serious as in an actual horror/slasher flick, not some screamesque tongue and cheek comedy slasher.

Can we just cut to the chase and post Jennifer Tillys?

>actually brings his relationship with demballa

He killed that nigga in the first movie. Dembella thought Chucky was an abomination and didn't like that the power was used for evil.

>that feel watching her play poker
She's fucking dreadful but fairplay her tits are always on show.

that was john, the guy who taught him voodoo. demballa is the evil god that allows him to use spells as long as he brings him souls (i think). one of the novelizations has chapters from chucky's perspective where he recalls summoning demballa

There are novels? How did I not no this.

The movies never made Chucky to his servant or anything like that, he just killed people because that's what Chucky does.

maybe its subtext, maybe it's headcannon. i just think his soul transmigrations are coming a little too easy and now he can clone himself?

>tfw I've had a crush on her since I was 12 and she gave me a fetish for her weird smoker voice forever
no recovery
no hope
I literally haven't watched Bound because I don't think my dick could handle it.

you should watch the old cheers episodes where she plays a dumb slut that marries carla's ex husband. she's like 19

Mancini is such a fucking hack its insane, cant even make a coherent plot within his own story in which he had total creative control from the beginning.
>Therapist randomly buying a chucky doll fro the group
It just felt so forced that he would go out of his way to buy a retro childrens toy from the 80s.
>Being knocked unconscious TWICE with a bottle

i was certain he was going to be in on it and secretly helping chucky. nope, just an idiot

Seed of Chucky is the most awful one, the rest aren't that bad

I thought the same thing about the shifty male nurse that gave her the gum at the beginning.

Yup thought the same thing! The actor was decent wish they utilized him more in a plot where he was working with chucky
>Chucky promises Therapist fame and book sales through voodoo magic
>Therapist brings Nica to low security asylum so chucky can easily get her
>In the end Chucky double crosses him

I'd say all of them except for Seed are worth watching. I appreciate the ridiculousness and self aware cheeky humor of the series, but Seed was a little too much. Just saw Cult last night and really dug it, seems to be 50/50 with most fans so far but I thought it was pretty creative and unpredictable.

>Pic related was your childhood nightmare
>Haunted me for years
>Sometimes wake up sweating because he scared me that much
>Had to double check everything if he wasnt there
>Years later realise what a stupid looking doll it is
>Would smack the livivng shit out of him

This joker scarred me for a long period of time

the first therapist bought doll was alright, but when another and another came in anyone would have thrown them out.

>Not preemptively stabbing every good guy doll you see

They deserved it.

what would technically make the most sense is that its a kind of equal hivemind but then its kind of weird that he has conversations with himself. (Then again this is Chucky we're talking about)

Between Evil Dead and Child's Play 2 I had a ridiculous phobia of descending open-back stair cases.

I was pretty scared of him for a long time too. Started when my babysitter's kids decided to show me Child's Play 2 for a few minutes when I was 7. Same year Bride of Chucky came out, so the commercials were everywhere. Didn't get over it until I watched the first movie on tv when I was 13 and then I realized how goofy the movies are.

i also think it's implied, maybe directly in dialog, that nica's niece who supposedly died, either isn't really dead (i think tiffany said she had become part of the cult) or had her soul transferred to a doll possibly the tiffany doll we see in the back of the getaway car at the end

I was terrified until I saw this live

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1DHgdVKeE

And that's when I kind of realized how ridiculous it was to be afraid.

>supernatual manlet

me too
I dreamed he stabed me
I was scared of red hairs for that reason

J Tilly is fucking thicc nowadays, still would bang

That would have helped a lot. All I knew about Chucky was that he murdered the foster dad in the second movie (that was the bit I saw) and whatever exaggerated versions of the kills in Bride my friends told me about. I became a horror fan in the end anyway.

1 is the only truly good movie. All the sequels are formulaic slashers featuring killer doll instead of jason or whatever. Chucky is characteristically wisecracking and gives him a tiny bit of character oomph to differentiate him from other monsters. So Chucky himself is nice, but the movies are just too bad.

Fun times those were. I remember Chucky appearing on SNL, too.

Curse is great tho. Prob my favorite in the franchise next to the original.

I always liked 2 more than 1, it was scarier when you knew Chucky was alive and killing. Allot more memorable scenes like the school, and good guy factory, and Chucky had the perfect blend of serial killer and bants. But I will say that 1 had it beat in atmosphere.

The 1st one is the only one that can be considered good. The rest are either cash grabs or trying to revive its former glory.

this is objectively correct in every way

hot and her voice is pure kino

who else has kino voices? Scarlett Johanson, definitely...

>be the youngest
>brother and sister fuck with me after I started having nightmares after seeing the movie by placing dolls at the end of my bed, under my blanket and into (facing) the corners of the room
>until I decide that chucky would be my friend and I could turn him good
>propose the idea to my friends that i knew also had seen the movie
>they quickly change the subject
>only now do I realize they also probably had nightmares of this unholy beast
>I also realize I have to get revenge on my brother and sister for scaring the shit out of me when I was little

ideas? brother has 3 kids (6, 10 and 17), sister has none but is very emotional and shit

Tell them that Chucky has a brother named Sneedy who surprises people with explosive diarrhea after eating chicken feed. Will make them shit bricks.

I hope you tried really really hard to not be funny.

the first one was great back then. never thought they would make it a franchise. i guess the second was ok just for the surprise effect of having a second one... but objectively speaking i don't remember it being very good. the rest must be shit. i remember seeing part of a terrible one where he got a puppet girlfriend ... le cringe jokey horror ensues!

the third one

Rape your brothers kids while watching Friday the 13th movies, then watch Childs play with them and say Chucky will come kill them if they tell anyone what happened.

Child's Play 3 was cited as the "inspiration" for two murders, which took place in the United Kingdom in December 1992 and February 1993 respectively: the murder of Suzanne Capper and murder of James Bulger.

>Tom Holland, in response to both murders, defended the film, stating that viewers of horror movies could only be influenced by their content if they were "unbalanced to begin with."[20]

based

perfect symmetry

>tongue and cheek
Seriously?