Seymora?

hidden gem.

>Her

Sherizan, Corpse flower.

>literally a "mother"

>Implying guys can't be mothers

Motherfucker

my sweetlings ^^

Reminder that the theatrical ending will always be superior to the original.

was this the original audrey ii? it's several times larger than the other ones rampaging through new york. who took care of it after it ate seymour? how many people did it have to be fed to reach that size???

Not memeing, it really makes me think how so MANY people were convinced to feed their plants blood. Like with seymore is one thing but old people, familys, kids, all chopping up their cats and dogs to these plants?
bullshit

i think once they reach a certain size (mean green mother stage) they can just start snatching people on their own. there'd be a shitload of missing persons reports but nobody'd probably ever think to look inside the plants.

that's a good point though on how the heck do they make good things happen for so many people to keep being fed past infancy. i think it's implied that the plants have some sort of psychic ability. audrey jr. hypnotizes seymour in the original 1960 film.

>all chopping up their cats and dogs to these plants
Because you can't buy meat in stores.

>i think it's implied that the plants have some sort of psychic ability

*worried plant laughter*

test

why didnt Seymore buy meat? Was it because he was too blindsided by his hatred for the Dentist?

when he tried that twoey ate his fiancee

did you edit your post somehow

"Big Green Mother" was the fucking GOAT.

lemme do one aswell

Twoey was alot better in the stage play

baby plant (when it was new) looked liked a penis head

>adult plant's open maw looks like a roastie's gaping cunt
what did they mean by this?

this
what a fucking bigot

>Bad lyrics

>in the end Audrey II eats everyone
WTF was the point of this film?

The original ending is the best song in the whole movie and play. You are replacing the climax to the entire experience with a lazy deus ex machina for the sake of a good ending and cutting ten minutes off the run time.

Greed and lust will kill you in the end and fuck over everyone else. Seymore kept killing for Audrey but she ended up getting killed too because Seymoure was a monster. The plant ate him and took over the world

Feed me dame, feed me Leeyor

no point. it's a love letter to cheesy old monster movies.

It's a retelling of Faust you literal retard

>Faust
Who?

The original ending was pretentious as fuck, because it doesn't hinge on actual intelligence (or depth, or respect, or profundity) but merely the illusion of such. The official cut is the one the studio releases - and they chose not to release the original because its reception was unanimously negative after they tested it twice, in two completely different cities - probably either because its the one the director personally prefferred or because you're under the impression that the "original" story ended that way. (The original LSoH is a B-movie from the 60s that ends with Seymour taking the plant down with him. And the musical, which you would have to be assuming is the "original" in this case, still doesn't support this, because it played this ending partly for comedy and didn't drag it out forever to shove it in the audience's face.)
The theatrical ending continues the movie with a tone that matches perfectly, successfully giving the audience an entertaining and fulfilling experience.

Yeah but they spent MILLIONS on all those MODELS and PRACTICAL EFFECTS for a SEVEN MINUTE destruction scene.

still cool to see

It looks cool, but it's not a good ending to the film.
In some ways, I do understand the cry for more sad endings. I know Hollywood generally doesn't mind playing safe by avoiding meaningful hard truths, even if the substitue is fake, cotton candy sweetness. But I also think it's gotten way out of hand, to the point where there doesn't actually have to be anything profound or meaningful about it. Now, a director can just be bitter, or condescending and expect praise for it. Even if it's every bit as stupid or pointless as the feel good endings that don't work, we're supposed to be in awed silence that it was "willing to go there"
That's this ending to me. It's like Oz was so excited about being the only director on the block who kicked his audience in the pants like this, he didn't even care about how much sense it made with his delivery. For the first 80 minutes, his version plays like a Rocky Horror-esque onslaught of goofy, demented nonsense that's all in good fun. So then, in the last 25 minutes, he expects to use that as a vantage point to move us, shame us, and rock us to our core? It feels like an entirely different movie, and not a very well-done one at that. (After being used and abused by her ex-boyfriend for most of the runtime, Audrey volunteering herself for more of the same from Seymour is a "beautiful" final act of fulfillment? And after how crazy they made Seymour's circumstances for the plant to succeed, we're supposed to believe that every normal person who bought a plant did the same thing? Why? You can codemn humanity just by being insightful, but you can't be insightful just by condemning humanity. The 1960s B movie version, whose screwball tone was often closer to this movie than the musical, also killed Seymour, but it didn't try to make that into anything more or less than it was, nor did it contradict the tone. The theatrical ending at least managed that, even if it would have been just as well if Seymour blew up with Audrey 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=IZuKMo9u8CM

ON NINTENDO

Ohhh here it comes, baby
Tell those bums, baby!
oh oh no-ohhhh

Ohhhhhhhh hit the dirt, baby!
Red alert, baby!
Oh oh no oh oh no-ohhhhhh

Mommy me bullied today need comfowt ;_;

I want my dick sucked by one of those things.

I didnt even know there was another ending besides the theatrical until now
It seems like a bit much in comparison kind of a rapid tone shift

>rapid tone shift
The problem is, when they shot the new ending, several minutes of footage was cut to make Seymour look like more of a hapless bystander. When they released the "Director's Cut," they just tacked on the original ending and didn't bother to adjust the rest of the film.

There's a workprint floating around, and boy does it ever get grimdark when Seymour goes to kill Orin.

That shot was not used on the workprint either.

That makes more sense
The whole destruction sequence just felt like a bit much and honestly got kinda boring even though it is impressive they only used practical effects
I feels like it would take another movie entirely to bridge the gap between little audreys being sold in the super market to them all being the size of buildings without anybody really noticing until its too late.
Its just hard to buy into it all so quickly

Find the meek shall inherit full sequence. By cutting that fro mthe directors cut but still inlcuding the orignal ending, it makes 0 sense why Seymour is being punished the way his is

Sure thing honey! I just gotta stop at Sneed's Feed and Seed, formerly Chucks, honey! I'll be right back with bags of delicious feed that you can seed through!

>There's a workprint floating around
Where?

youtu.be/wbkOnCbPWnw
the most damning thing is the original cut of suppertime. he literally methodically murders mushnik and doesn't chicken out at the last second like he does in theatrical cut

It helps but that just makes Seymour's fate make a bit more sense, but his death still felt too long and Seymour is now even more annoyingly stupid
Destruction sequence is never not going to feel too long and somewhat out of place

mega.nz/#!rwV3AR4I!ZczbcDk4lw60QvHPhiJIuMEpVHsbHJSb1zvVAuZwKOc

note that this cuts out right before Mean Green Mother

The destruction sequence was originally alot shorter, the hacks who worked on the directors cut just used all the footage available.

mommy gib milky

if I pull that off will you die?

Is there an edit that adds the missing scenes and music?

cue all of /lit/ having a collective heart attack

Fucking Barneyfags

Daily reminder that Orin did nothing wrong.

I heard that Curtis

patrician taste