Anyone else as pleasantly surprised as I am about how good Benjamin Percy's run on Green Arrow is? I mean...

Anyone else as pleasantly surprised as I am about how good Benjamin Percy's run on Green Arrow is? I mean, the DCYou year was pretty, well...mediocre. But Rebirth has made this one of the best that DC's putting out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShyrnGuElQc&t=135s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Having binged it a few days ago, I can say I certainly am. I wasn't particularly crazy about the GA Rebirth issue, but it shot right to the top of my list afterward.

No because it's yet another book with mediocre writing that's held up by great art.

Based DCKomics

I'm mostly reading for the art desu, never really connected with Ollie

No one read the DcYou run, so probably? It's pretty good on its own though, much of the praise it got here was due to the first arc with fanservice and Island of Sex, but it stayed pretty strong and is handling Emiko well

Who woulda thought, all you needed to do was get Trigon to write Green Arrow to bring back the Ollie we all love: youtube.com/watch?v=ShyrnGuElQc&t=135s

The villains so far have been very over the top compared to the gritty interpretations used in Lemire's run. It feels very weird for a Green Arrow comic. I dig the political slant, though it doesn't align with my beliefs, but the allegorical villains lose that real-world basis when they're based in a giant sci-fi submarine the size of a city block.

Compare to the great Panopticon in his first arc for DCYou, which again clashes with my own views, but feels relevant to the character who has long been a champion of the underprivileged, a literal social justice warrior. It approached a real world issue with drones and surveillance and prison systems but with a comic book slant to it.

The character interactions, ESPECIALLY between Ollie and Dinah and Ollie and Emiko, are what keeps me reading so far.

The Rebirth run is certainly better but something about the writing still feels off, it jump around too much.

>enjoys a character despite having opposed political beliefs to said character

While I disagree with you on Panopticon (the pacing was problematic and the drones were totally at odds with how realistic the story was in most other aspects), you're still a bro.

...totally off topic, but has George kinda disappeared from the book? I can't remember seeing him for awhile.

>The villains so far have been very over the top compared to the gritty interpretations used in Lemire's run. It feels very weird for a Green Arrow comic. I dig the political slant, though it doesn't align with my beliefs, but the allegorical villains lose that real-world basis when they're based in a giant sci-fi submarine the size of a city block.
That's precisely what I liked about them. Over the top evil bankers. F yeah.

I'll enjoy it more when third wheel shows up.

>beard
>chili
>Dinah
>boxing glove arrow
>Roy showing up soon

How long must I wait for Hal/Ollie team up

It's too bad bringing in Connor wouldn't be possible, since Ollie isn't even thirty. I miss that bastard.

Are they ever going to get around to that Wild Dog Militia thing from issue 1? 4 Wild dogs even appeared on Rebirth #1

They also showed up in Action Comics.

I miss him

Maybe they could BS him a way in with Rebirth's whole "Missing ten years" thing,

That would be great.

"Hey, I'm your kid. Connor."

"Uh...how old are you?"

"Eighteen, why?"

"...I don't remember hooking up with anyone when I was ten..."

Hal Jordan, their boytoy?

Ollie is 28 Right now, He'd be 38 in the regular timeline, that means irresponsible 20 year old ollie had a kid, works out

If Batman can have a 10 year old kid who is a master assassin with several PhDs then Ollie can have a 10 year old kid who is really good a kung fu.

Ollie's also at least five years younger than Bruce.

in Percy's pre-Rebirth GA Ollie said he was 25

maybe he got a few years Rebirthed onto his age

They just got back to Seattle last issue, user.

Who knows, maybe the Wild Dogs are going to target Green Arrow for his rampage against Seattle's innocent dickgirls?

I like how Ollie's gone from one of the League's oldest members, to one of its youngest.

it's shit though