youtube.com/watch?v=BigolJfoANw

yes.

>Admiral Adama's speeches
>the Adama maneuver
>great writing
>interesting, flawed, and realistic characters
>the Adama maneuver

Fuck yes it was.

Adama was a real leader. He had every characteristic of a good, just leader. Everyone else was flawed.

pretty great
atheist butthurt makes it even better

Yup. I even liked last season tbqhwyf

Adama was flawed too though. That's what made the characters so compelling. Nobody in BSG was perfect.

>yfw she got HOTDOGGED
What happened to Chief's wife's son in the ending?

What were his flaws? I know that he had some but I just can't remember what they were and he was far better than the people that surrounded him.

He was nepotistic, for one.

>sjws genderbend Starbuck from a proud white male into a strong innapendent wymyn
>Sup Forums laps it up

You're goddamn right it was

Dat Tricia though, mamma mia

its OST was kino, anyway.

Ending sorta mass-effect'd it a bit, but the overall journey to that end was pretty great.

so say we all.

Back in the distant past of 2004, casting women in prominent roles for film and television was a creative casting choice
Now it's a mandatory requirement

How? Lee really was the best man for the job, both as CAG and Capitan of Pegasus. Agathon had more moral fiber than Lee but he wasn't right for the Pegasus command.

>2004
>SJW

she has aged well too
i think he was too trusting sometimes, valuing the opinions and feelings of those he trusted over logic in some cases. It wasn't always a flaw, but sometimes it was.

>tfw Gaius thought he was about to be airlocked and he pulled down one of the photos from the memorial wall, talking about how he was godfather to his lab assistant's child and that he'd never do anything to hurt him or anyone else

stop trying to ruin the thread you fucking asshole
both characters were fine, and gender had nothing to do with the importance of starbuck as a character. fuck off with gender shit, this is a BSG appreciation thread.

>best man for the job
>needlessly destroyed the superior ship

Keep jumping.

Friendly reminder that Admiral Cain did nothing wrong

I really, really liked this little subplot.

>named Gayta
>is a homosexual
Really, RDM?

Revelations & The Oath/Blood on the Scales were pretty kino

We never find out
Hotdog just packs up and leaves and we never find out what happened to him or his kid

bitch was crazy

>yfw the bagpipes kick in

>tfw director tells you not to look

>Do you honestly believe that this fleet will ever be commanded by anyone whose last name isn't Adama?

Being best man for the job doesn't mean your good just that everyone else is shit. In that case Lee showed the lack of command ability as he was unwilling to commit full force. But also Lee was fourth commander of Pegasus with second and third being complete shit. The only man before Lee for command was XO and that would have been an even bigger fuck up.

>same actress as ensign "smoking hot" ro in star trek

Now I know why she gives me a boner.

Dr. Baltar, I'm Pegasus.

>implying Tigh wouldn't have drunkenly commanded a ship if Apollo wasn't around.

She did everything wrong
As a public servant and one of the last remnants of the Colonial government she should have led that civilian fleet to safety instead of stripping them of resources and skilled people then wasting them in a suicide attack

Has anyone else been playing this?
It's pretty fucking fun

>we told Adama to jump out of ftl in the planets atmosphere
>the madman actually did it!

She left her little sister for toasters to take and she was a bad officer.

Got kind of dumb towards the end but so does every good series

First one to talk gets to stay on my flight pod!

Is it? It's
>turn based
I had fun playing the BSG mod for Homeworld 2 though

Simultaneous turn based

Well, congratulations! You got yourself caught! Now what's the next step in your master plan?

That's an even bigger shit meme

I have an irrational hatred of the 6 model so I can't hate Cain for doing this
The entire sequence aboard Pegasus was just one big helping of schadenfreude

Reminder that Crashdown did nothing wrong.

Be honest, how many of you guys have fantasized about being bullied and dominated by Admiral Cain?

I like it
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but honestly, moving your Jupiters alongside the Cylon basestars to commence salvo fire from the flight pod batteries and then watching them trade shots is just eye candy

What she did in privacy of her dungeon was never an issue. But her abandoning civilians was an act of disregard of duty.

Question
You chaps remember how after the show ended, they auctioned off most of the show's props and set pieces?
Did anyone ever buy anything?

>everyone else is shit
True
Fisk lasted about a week and Garner got himself killed on his first mission

Best girl coming through

No, I'm sorry fanboys. I fucking loved this show when it came out but no matter how hard you try you cannot undo the later half of season 3 and the entire season 4 especially the fucking Angels bullshit ending.

YOU CANNOT UNDO IT, NOT KINO

>It's an activating your final five cyclons by having them all hum a reimagining of Bob Dylans 'All along the watchertower' episode
There are people in this thread that actually thought that wasn't dogshit and continued watching the show after this point.

Caprica is the better teleseriekinographie.
>mommy will never welcome you to cyber heaven

>Puts the Chief's family in front of a firing squad because he dared to stand up for workers rights
>Needs Rosaline to constantly hold his hand so he doesn't butcher civilians

It bothered me because the captain of a military vessel is supposed to think about more than immediate tactical decisions. That is why they are trusted in charge of a ship.

They're probably geriatric by the time of the Cylon attacks. Probably dosn't help that his executive officer was terrible most of the time

I'm sorry but Caprica was just a mess
We were supposed to see the origins of the Cylons, their becoming self-aware, the rebellion and the beginning of the first Cylon War
Instead we got teenage angst, some gangster bullshit, family drama and theological debate
I would've given it another season but I would have laid down the law for Ron
>Stop doing human interest and start building fucking Cylons now

It was just the signal they all received as cylons. The humming and song itself had nothing to do with their activation. Why does it bother you so much?

It kind of makes sense in hindsight that the cylons are essentially angsty teen girls

Goddamn it that was some stupid shit
>Let's put the daughter of the inventor of Cylons inside the first Cylon though a VR mind transfer

Wise words

It went to shit after they left New Caprica.

It was still good, but it never was the same apart from the mutiny angle.

I still don't like how he gave a nuke to Gina.

I wish I could nuke a gina, if ya catch my drift

>Even an ahead-of-her-time proponent of standing desks.
>Right about literally everything.

>that awful All Along the Watchtower bullshit

fuck that garbage.

>I know how to farm.

Was really good though.

was great until they got off new caprica

complete shit after s3

yes caprica and blood and chrome are underrated as fuck

head baltar > every other character

Is it turn-based tactics? I'm shit at those but always have fun

It's criminal that we only got to see him for a couple of scenes throughout the entire show
His put-downs were brilliant
>You're already responsible for the genocide of billions, what's one more at this point?

Simultaneous
Both fleets give out orders together and then the results play out in real time

I tried watching this but it was so stupid I couldn't get past the sixth episode or so. Feels like a mexican soap opera, full of retarded 'plot twists' and cheap 'wow' moments.

The 2 episodes minisseries was absolute kino tho.

>find a safe world to settle
>cylons find you because residual radiation from the cruise ship being nuked
>writers' strike
>huge shift in story and tone after.

Watch the end of Razor , even Adama after everything that happened says that from a tactical perspective, it is hard to find fault in anything she did. It is war, military needs are a priority.

Had she been just a captain then yes it's excusable, but she is a flag officer of the colonial fleet, she should know what's the right thing to do when the command is broken the government is rendered nonfunctional -it's not looting survivors and doing a futile banzai charge

Under normal circumstances, yes. She was an extremely competent tactical commander, but the fact is it wasn't normal circumstances. The attack she launched and planned, even against those numbers, was a success. But she can't replace those lost pilots with ease, she can't replace those lost vipers with ease, there are no pit stops to repair the damage.

Also I'm not even sure I agree with Adama, the Battlestar was very clearly compromised and someone on board was helping centurions getting on board.

It is really good if you're a fan of the show, though it has some balance issues.

Shit, when you're entire civilization has been wiped out and there's literally nothing left what else are you going to do?
Hell, I'd be tempted to Leroy Jenkins

There working on new updates to try and balance
I hate how they've nerfed the MkIIs

I haven't played for a while, but initially the Mk 2s were completely OP.

The main problem was that the Cylon Raiders did not engage your fighters at all, they went straight for your ships and allowed your Vipers to just pick them off. They should've just kept the Vipers as strong as they are, since Vipers always seem way stronger in the show even, but actually fix the AI so the Raiders engage the Vipers. So with nerfed Vipers and fixing their AI, Vipers get shredded too easily.

But my main problem was making new fleets, after a certain point it becomes really hard to level up new commanders and so you have to hope your current fleets don't get BTFO.

Apparently the Armory update makes low-level Cylon fleets appear so you can train new commanders later in the game

I stopped watching around season 2 when I realized they were just going to go down the "DUDE LMAO EVERYONE IS A CYLON" cliche. Also couldn't stand the schoolteacher president who desperately needed her thot status patrolled.

I got about 50 hours out of the game between the release and first patch, so I'm about done with it unless some DLC comes out, but thank fuck for that.

Hot here and in the Terminator series!