What does Sup Forums think of this?

What does Sup Forums think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75QBHUnHE_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good animation. Too short.

It aged not so well.

5/5, one of my all-time favourite movies.

However, I can understand why some people say it's convoluted. And the ending is pretty abrupt.

It's great stuff.

Origonal TV Series is better & longer.

one of the best ever desu

Pick one and only one

This. I love the film but SAC is much better in ever y aspect.

Dude false, it hasn't aged at all.

Garbage for videogame playing brainlets

I like 6 the most with 4 as a runner up.

7 is the most shit tier retarded bullshit I've ever seen.

it was ok but I dont get what the big deal is

8 mortys out of 10

>Unironically liking trash like Johnny Mnemonic and Ghost in the Shell 2017.
KYS

It's good but I unironically liked the ScarJo live action version better.

Johnny Mneumonic is the most cyberpunk film in the genre, it's not great but when there are so few other films like it then it is still worth a watch

Sac is for brainlets and just namedrops stupid shit like catcher in the rye SO DEEP

Mamoru oshii more or less is the only reason gits is even on the map. The two movies have more interesting ideas, better cinematography, etc

All of them in the size of 5.

Overrated. The only people who think it's remotely intelligent are those people whose sole exposure to culture is Japanese videogames and cartoons. It's not bad, but it's not even in the top 20 cartoons ever made, and the original manga is light years better.

it was odd to rewatch it recently and realize that like, six things happen in it. it feels like a really long episode of the TV series. even the ending feels more like "tune in next week" than the evocative, expansive "where does the story go from here?" thing they were attempting.

I wrote my university thesis on the concepts of trans humanism in the GitS movies

So I guess I'm pretty into them

I hope you got an F. You are the cancer destroying higher education.

I got a first

blade runner for weebs

Name a better film about transhumanism ir teleology

Of course t falls short of actual teleological philosophy. Even novels fall far short

You were raised on add marvel movies kiddo. Classical plays and novels have 4 acts.

I dont really think theres enough material for a thesis in midern fiction unless it is something tangentially related to larger youth culture auch as beta male manchildren reveling in 5 year old fantasies like iron man

sucker for catsuits

Why did they change Motoko's look? I loved those piercing eyes and really perfect soldier body she had in GitS. Why change it up for the anime and other movies?

It's good, but of course we have some contrarian faggots in the thread who think they're hot shit for not watching an anime.

Are these all different majors? Different series or what?
Only watched the first two movies and 1 season.

plus 1 actually has a human personality.

what do you think of this?

SAC is alright but it's nowhere near better, the soundtrack alone makes GitS better.

Lol. What? 99% of amine today looks like absolute shit. It's super bright, completely lacking in detail, and lazy beyond belief in direction and substance.

They wanted to appeal to idiots who thought they were smart for quoting postmodern literature, because they far outnumber people interested in actual transhumanism

>the original manga is light years better.
While without it, we wouldn't have gotten the 1995 movie which is the only thing of any worth to come out of the franchise, the manga is a mess with some decent concepts and awful art.

>Flick
Gits:Arise
>Film
Gits:2017
>Movie
Johnny Mnemonic
>Cinema
Gits:Innocence
>Kino
Gits(1995), Neuromancer and I'll add Burning Chrome

She has more sex appeal in the comics and the animes, so one could rather ask: why did they change her for the movie?

She has sex appeal in the movie too. She looks like a stripper anywhere else.

not as good as the manga then again the manga its a wankery of william gibson neuromancer

>the best track in GitS is the music exclusively made for the trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=75QBHUnHE_s

2 no question

Shirow is gay

10/10
The series 'Stand Alone Complex' is 11/10.

Hardwire? Total Nurecall? Cypher? Pretty questinable choices.

Each installment in the Ghost in the Shell franchise is separated from the other.
That's why they change styles

>No Dark City

Innocence was good too but was clearly written for a chinese and japanese audience, the film is about chinese hypercapitalism

I would never place Hard Ware, Total Nurecall or Cypher there. Not my list.

Absolute anime kino that asks an eternal important philosophical question, and gives solid answers to it.
Life changing experience.

End you are pathetic existence.
>inb4 falling for bait
I do not care if it is or not bait.

The film is the original you fucking retard

Absolute Kino

Neuromancer sucked ass

Innocence has some great elements, I should've given it a mention, so you're right. GitS 1995 is the franchise pinnacle.

>total recall
>the remake

One of my favourite films of all time.

No it doesn't. It doesn't answer anything.

2>6>4>1>5>3>7

Blade runner is literal trash

But it does. Can you even guess the answer?
If you know the answer you maybe can know the question.

>elysium
>cyberpunk

All that happened was that the project took over Motoko and went out to learn and I suppose gain some semblance of what it means to be human? Or something?

it was awful

old anime is the most overrated thing of all

Innocence is a good pleb filter. The movie is literally about giving robots the permanent souls of 12 year olds who are then industrially raped for profit, as created by gains maximizing cyborgs running miniature nations

Like, jesus fuck. Anyone who thinks sac is remotely comparable needs to off themselves

Movie was much better. Gits SAC was good but animation was way worse and the tachikoma thing felt too pushed. Wasn't dark enough to have those cutesy things with their annoying voices

>took over
Two conscious beings make a new conscious being that never existed before.

The point was that human biology is actually constraining a persons ghost

Did you idiots fucking skip the boat and diving scenes?

At first it is only a metaphor but yhen they outright spell it out for you

The best single work of the anime medium, and one of the best films of all time.

I preferred Motoko when she was herself and not some machine-machine-human hybrid.

it's a product of the brief revolutionizing era of complex and existential anime that really pushed the envelope during the 90s and early 2000s
other works also from that era being: serial experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, boogiepop phantom, perfect blue, haibane renmei and jin-roh wolf brigade

you occasionally see these kinds of animes sprout up every now and then, like ergo proxy or angel beats but they were more prevailant during the 90s

Def 2. Reminiscent of MGS kino

This was a feature film that was at the top of the technology when it was realeased. I tried to rewatch it recently and it looked like shit. And it was the supposedly remastered version. What a scam, they passed the film through some filter and you won't notice anything

Well she preferred to do the one thing that separated her from humans.
She procreated, got a kid in a way, only way possible for her.

Where is Titan A.E?

yeah, the remastered 2.0 version is shit

It's definitely a good commentary on the future of transhumanism and of the human condition, but I think Innocence defines that a bit better than this one, because Innocence is definitely the superior installment.

Not that user, but at the very least it's future technological dystopia. Just because it doesn't all happen at night with people wearing leather doesn't mean it isn't in that genre.

They´re all the same Mayor, different bodies tho.

1 and 3 are manga mayors, 2 and 5 are movie mayors, 4, 6 and 7 anime mayors.

Yes in order left to right
>major from the manga
>The original movie
>the doctor she occasionally LARPs as(?)
>Stand alone complex
>Innocence
>solid state society (?)
>Arise

Plus 1 has lesbian orgies