Was he a good dad?

Was Tywin Lannister a good dad?

I don't recall him doing anything wrong

He was kinda' mean to Tyrion.

He was not a dad, he was a business owner. That said, he was a good business owner.

yeah
just a little
like sentencing him to death even knowing he was innocent

Should have sent him and Sansa to Castlry Rock.

Where their child could be the next Lord of House Lannister.

>i have shit recall and was raised by a single mom

>killed by his own son
guess not

He was going to send them to Winterfell when the war was over. He was going to leave the Rock to either Jaime (if he managed to convince him) or was going to leave it to Kevan.

He was a fucking CHAD!

>Cucked his manlet son
>Won the war
>Richest man in Westeros

and get them both killed by the Boltons. Which Tywin had already made Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the north.

What happened to the redditurd containment general?

Kek

>refused to believe what everyone was saying about his son and daughter
>blamed his son for his wife's death despite being an infant
>tricked his son into thinking a girl loved him
>disowned his son for being born a dwarf
>fucked the girl his son was in love with
>sentenced his son to death despite knowing he was innocent

>Was Tywin Lannister a good dad?
No, he was Tydaddy.

(((Tywin Lannister)))

>your twins are fucking eachother
>your other son is degenerate dwarf

He didn't deserve that faith desu, everyone would crack at that point.

Mods keep deleting it so you get even more shit threads all the time instead of it being contained to one.

And Tywin was a terrible father because he saw his children as pawns only instead of actually using them to their best abilities and, more than anything else, because he refused to have more which was stupid. He ignored (or was too blind to notice) the incest, couldn't control Jaime and as previously mentioned mistreated Tyrion to the point of stupidity.

He was just gonna send him to the wall.

Which version of Tywin do you guys prefer: Book or Show, or both?

Show version is somewhat softer in character, which imo isn't very good when talking about such a person as Tywin Lannister; but I'm fine with both.

LANN THE (((CLEVER)))

best actor in the show hands down

that he was replaced with fucking ramsay snow as the "to go bad guy" was a fucking disgrace for GoT

>Raised a psychotic paranoid alcoholic incestuous kinslayer
>Raised an incestuous learning disabled kingslaying sexually obsessive autist
>Raised a mutated murderous kinslaying alcoholic Danycuck

He did fine

Does anyone seriously think Jaime was a good father?

I don't

Nobody considers Jaime a good father, he was never a father to his children for sensible reasons.

He was an idiot who set up his family for complete destruction in the long run. Just as bad as Eddard but in the opposite way.

who cares

All in all he did pretty good.

>WHERE DO WHORES GO?

Actually that girl really did love Tyrion, he tricked him into thinking she was a whore then had his men rape her.

Ah sweet, is this the new stealth/proxy /got/ general!?!?
fr*ckin epic, my dudes!

He was a phenomenal father. His kids were rotten---except for Tyrion for whom we can forgive Tywin for his poor feelings. Your wife dying in childbirth delivering a monster who you have to pretend is yours is no small thing. And while Tyrion may have been disliked, his father always made sure he was well taken care of.

>you have to pretend is yours
B-but he actually was

We'll see. It could be the last big reveal.

Tyrion, Jaime, and Cersei are Aerys II's bastards, while Daenaerys and Viserys are Tywin's bastards

He needed his wife to help raise the kids

>fuga own cousin
>get children with problems
>act surprised
>??????

Who here reads Jaime and Cersei as mentally ill? I mean genuinely ill, not like "hurr durr muh Mad King 2.0"

That would completely destroy the whole point of Tyrion's character. Not gonna happen.

They definitely are.

You mean as in sleeping all day and getting angry at imaginary shit and screaming at the wall while surrounded by used jizz tissues that have accumulated over several weeks?

No. I don't get that from them. They're just playing the game with the cards they were dealt.

"Lancel and Kettleblack and Moon Boy" plus hanging around with his dick covered in Cersei's dried our period blood do not seem to be something positive when evaluating Jaime's mental health

better than most

t. Freud

Freud would be into pretty lady!Jaime

i would put this in my top 5 of most fuckable ncw pictures. it seriously makes me want to stick my tongue up his asshole

So why didn't he tell him that?

>"the wheel of power is evil, I want to destroy it!"
>"The north belongs to the iron throne and the iron throne belongs to me!"
>"Muh dragons!"

Fucking cunt.

The moral of the story is don't fuck your cousin like Tywin

That user is probably talking about Shae

He's the kinda dad you hate growing up, but are really thankful he was your dad and respect the shit out of him when you are older

Didn't Jamie though? Right before the trial started again he went up to Tyrion and told him he had arranged for him to go to the wall.

The only reason it didn't work was when the whore walked out and Tyrion had reached his limit.

That's almost exactly Cersei, only with more wine and she's the jizz rag

>I came here to break the wheel and not enslave people.
>So instead I'll have my dragon burn a noble and his son alive in front of their men, I'm sure dad would have been proud!

Seriously, I would have thought that would be used against her. Targaryens come back to westeros, bring literal savages with them to butcher her enemies and burns the lord of a house and his heir all in one day.

>Arya when she first gets back to winterfell
top kek

>Cersei says Im here to burn you all and give your land to savages but she's a liar
>to prove this I'll have my savages attack you and have my dragon set this lord on fire and threaten to burn anyone else that doesn't bend the knee
It would almost be interesting showing her hypocrisy if it was intended and not just a writing failure

No.

He didn't have a real grasp of the sort of people his children were being blind to it when Jaime or Cersei did something wrong or when Tyrion did something worthy of praise.

He was too proud to acknowledge that Jaime and Cersei could be banging even when half of Casterly Rock, his wife, Kevan and a fuckload of other people knew it was happening.

Well, Jaime does get mad at Tyrion for fucking that up

Did Moon Boy know?

They didn't start fucking until their teenage years, well after their mother had died.

>he hasn't read the books

No one in the show is ever going to call Dany out on doing stupid shit, D&D love her too much to ever make you think she did something wrong.

At this point I'm worried in the next season Jamie is just going to become another one of her orbiters.

For sure, but that's because Jamie was suppose to give up his vows for him only for Tyrion to waste the opportunity and he'd still properly have to give up his vows.

I thought you were suggesting nobody told Tyrion he would be sent to the wall.

Tyrion did call out her reckless behaviour two times, but both times Dany decided to get mad and be reckless some more and the show gives her whatever the fuck she wants

Why is House Lannister the best house?

Being a good dad and being nice isn't the same thing. That kind of thinking is the reason why the west is so cucked.

Oh not that guy actually
Still, the fact that Tyrion would be spared was privy to anyone but Tywin up until that point
Pure headcanon, but I think Tywin assumed Tyrion to plead for mercy, because up until that point Tyrion always seemed on to value living

>Rad as fuck colours
>Unofficial motto is so sweet it takes over your regular
>Lion as sigil, cliche but there's a reason lions are popular as sigil
>Most interesting family members
>Said member cast wonderfully
>Most important: GOAT fucking music

You don't have to get out of your way to be a cunt, either

Jaime's POV mentions that their mother caught them mounting each other like dogs but later on he comments that "it was innocent until it wasn't" and doesn't specify much of a timeline beyond that. According to Cersei they were lovers "since [we] were children" but it's not entirely clear as to what Cersei defines as such. Jaime thinks something along the lines of "he had never seen her more passionate" when they go to Eel Alley together which implies he had seen her be passionate before that point. It's open to interpretation.

There's a difference between being harsh but fair and arranging the gang rape of your son's beloved wife you nimrod.

>Danny: "I want [THING]"
>"You can't just take [THING]"
>*something happens because of her dragons, her vagina or her name*
>Danny: *now has [THING]*
>"this is gonna bite you in the butt!"
>*it bites her in the butt*
>Danny: "OMG MUH DRAGONS!"
>*it's alright again*
>Danny: "I was wrong to trust any of my advisors!"

By this point Danny is the opposite of Jon, and the fact that she keeps winning makes this uncomfortable. I wonder how many meandering ways she has to go through in the books to achieve what she wants.
Also: all this not-dying in Season 7 has pissed me off. Who died this season? Thros and LittleFinger. Noone important. Did anyone weep for thoros? he was cool but that was it? Meanwhile, almost EVERY big character was damn fukken close to getting the axe and escaped without a problem.

>Tyrion asks her about a heir, since as far as everyone know she can't have kids and she flysheet on the back of her dragon with no armor, so one lucky shot could easily kill her right after she almost got killed by Jamie and when he told her burning the Tarlys was retarded.
>YOU'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT MY DEATH A LOT HAVEN'T YOU.

I really hope they do something with that when she reaches winterfell and meets Sam, and it's causes the northern lords to distrust her even more and friction between her and Jon.

Is it at all possible for Dany and Jon to lose at this point? Would D&D even allow it? In Seasons 1-4 Jon betraying the Northern lords and immediately bending the knee would have consequences. Dany going full on Rolling Thunder on the Lannister army and then burning the Tarlys would have consequences. The core of Dany's army being composed of foreigners who have nothing but disdain for Westeros would have consequences.

But idk, it's a completely different show now.

There was also the sand snakes but who the fuck cared about the sand snakes or dorne?

>Sneak into boat with your cousin who has always been kind and respectful to you to kill him
>He tells you he doesn't want to hurt you
>Force him to reluctantly fight you.
>Your other sister steals your kill and stabs him in the back
>Call her a bitch for kill stealing, ignoring the fact you just murdered your own cousin.

The sand snakes were the fucking worst. I got a laugh out of them talking about killing the mountain when they're kill count involved a teenage boy who didn't want to fight them, a big black guy they literally stabbed in the back and a man in a wheelchair. Euron showing them what happens when you fight a actual warrior face to face was great.

Wait who did cersei slay?

Lancel and Kevan

he L I T E R A L L Y didn't do anything wrong

whos lancel and whos kevan? i uhh only know khaleesi

the last meaningful death was Tywin

>it's a completely different show now.
Yeah, because they passed the books
As much as it triggers Tolkien fags Martin wrote a solid foundation for a story

Ah in the baelors Sept? Haven't watched that far.
Tywin didn't had to witness that at least.

Poor guy.

Tyrion is an ill-made, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning.

lancel was the wine fetcher in season 1, who became one of the sparrow cultists in the later seasons
kevan was tywin's based brother, who was on the small council for a while

Yes, it's not his fault that his children were all incompetent, incest-practicing drunkards.

Tywin is based