How often do you reveal your comic power level to normies?

How often do you reveal your comic power level to normies?

Rarely ever. My friends all know my power level but none of them are normies. When I'm around normies there's no need to show my powerlevel.

Family and friends know that I read them.
That's about it.

only when challanged

Not unless they ask first. But there's is always disappointingly low compared to mine regardless.

All of my friends know, normies and non-normies alike. I don't really talk about comics with normies unless they come up to me about it. That said, I do enjoy talking about comics with whomever wants to hear.

Never. I never talk to anyone le alone about my lame ass hobbies.

>both the author self insert and unreasonable strawman are wrong
nice

Weren't there 5?

Dick, Jason, Tim, Sophie, and Damien

The correct answer is "way too many".

Technically, they're both wrong. There have been five Robins in the main canon, regardless of retcons.

Always, because I want them to feel uncomfortable and regret talking to me to begin with. I don't think it works, because they keep talking, but I keep trying.

When my friends ask me question or ask me for recs.

Batman T-Shirt might be adding Carrie Kelly onto the list.

She probably counted Carrie Kelly and he probably doesn't count Steph.

If Carrie Kelly counts then there have been 7 because of Helena Wayne.

Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, Damian, Carrie, Helena.

You're like a Sheldon for them, only with serious hygiene issues.
What's your buzzword?

At work alot. I work at a Gamestop so I get alot of fellow nerds to talk to. I also come from a famliy of comic readers on my dads side so every time me and my uncles get together we talked about comics for awhile. I have an uncle who's got a whole basement full of mint conditions

Every time we play a trivia game and a question involving comics comes up.

This. Does Duke count now?

pretty much this

I'll make some references and recommendations to people I know have gone into the abyss of nerdiness in other mediums as far as I have but otherwise I try to keep it vague, try to pretend I have to think on it a bit if they ask me a comic-related question.

no

Unfortunatley when I say I like comics people don't understand that I mean the medium as a whole and only want to talk to me about capeshit. Capeshit is fine and all but there's so much more to life dammit.

When people go full casual trying to seem smart, or if asked about something

Honestly the only acceptable answer

>How often do you reveal your comic power level to normies?

Rarely. If they ever ask about comics, cartoons, and whatnot I keep it simple unless they take the conversation in depth themselves.

Comic book powerlevels don't really seem like a thing to hide anymore. Superhero movies have mode comic characters so mainstream that the risk of being perceived as a manchild is practically zero.

Unless comics is the only thing you're capable of having a prolonged discussion about, and you're unable to distinguish between someone's genuine interest vs. their straining tolerance towards a topic that have absolutely no interest in.

But that has nothing to do with powerlevels.

Most people who know me just kind of assume I am a force to be reckoned with just because I read comics. The one exception was a younger cousin of mine who decided to argue with me about how one can kill Deadpool and I destroyed him with multiple specific citations while the rest of my family looked on in horror.