Which does this board like better, Marvel or DC?

Which does this board like better, Marvel or DC?

Alternatively, which universe would be better to get into first

Hmm the one that is focusing on good comics for comics fans or the one pushing all fiction characters be black muslim trans?
Gee I wonder.

If you really need to ask this particular question then I've three words for you.

LURK MOAR NEWFAG

DC is in a really good place right now.
Marvel is in a horrible place and likely to get worse.

DC

Whichever interests you more, but DC tends to handle crossovers and events better than Marvel, who insists on having like 3 events a year.

>which universe would be better to get into first

How do you get into their universe? I want to go, I hate it here

>3 events a year
Events that last six to eight months apiece.

DC is probably a more dangerous universe to live in (more planetary threats, superheroes in every city not just New York, etc), but the people seem happier than those in the Marvel universe.

Get into characters, not universes.

DC. The DCAU recruited me way back when, and Batman comics brought me unto the comics. This is the way it is meant to be for all.

Get into creators, not characters

Like half the JLA/Avengers crossover is devoted to the JLA talking about how shitty it must be to live in the Marvel universe.

Anyway yeah DC.

DC makes good books for the most part and has better creative staff and editors... Marvel has great properties and historically has had much better output up until the mid 90s... there was a brief Marvel renaissance in the early 2000s but it's mostly gone away because of event fatigue and shitty writers

Someone Straw poll

I will always be a Marvel fan boy but DC has been on point. I can't think of a book that is complete Trash. With Marvel, I don't think I can count all the trash books on 4 hands.

I prefer DC, mostly due to the price point. Marvel trades in Australia can be almost twice the price of similarly sized trades from other companies, not to mention how expensive their omnis are. Also, DC is much better at making it's past accessable to new buyers. And Marvel has more outright bad moments in their history, ignoring the shit they pull these days. Although maybe I just say that because I love silver age bullshit. As for getting in to any particular universe, hold off on that until you've just read some good stories that make you want to explore a universe more.

>be Avenger
>end up in DCU
>everyone loves their heroes, to the extent where they have their own museums and appreciation days and whatnot
>assume the JLA is a bunch of evil dictators who force the public to love them

I like DC characters more, I actually keep up with a number of DC ongoings but I'm never against reading Marvel stories someone recommends to me as good.

I do think the Marvel movies that done better in general however. Not that every marvel movie is better than every DC movie but they've had quite a few good ones.

Are you talking about the Ultimate Universe? Because that's what I think of when it comes to Marvel's renaissance. And it was a great idea. Get read of all the weird shit that hold together the Marvel universe and ground it more in reality. I liked that Thor was a regular dude who used Tech to control thunder, only to find out later he was an actual God. To bad they fucked it up with Ultimatum and other dumb shit.

fuck off and lurk more dumbass newfag

That's stupid. Had I not been such a Supergirl fag I never would have read JLU then I never would have checked out Lemire's other stuff and become a fan of his.

DC

Though Sup Forums sucked marvel's cock nonstop when new 52 happened until Forever Evil was half way through
Then it slid into liking both and then hating marvel and loving DC

It's the same in USA. Marvel can be 5-6 dollars. DC books can jump up in price sometime, but whenever sales looks bad, they'll always go to there "hold the line at 2.99." $4 a month for a twice released Spider-Man book that's not that good. No thanks.

Comics and Cartoons: DC

Movies: Marvel

I haven't watched any of Marvel's TV shows

DC has always been objectively better.

Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones are pretty good.

Marvel Knights too

>Marvel has great properties and historically has had much better output

lol wut

DC for me.

I read comics from every company except for marvel. I'm not a fanboy but I've just never been interested in their books. If I'm going to read cape shit, it has to be full of OP af characters.

I never read any of the Marvel Knights stuff. Was it Alt universe?

I really need to watch the Netflix stuff.

it's 616

DC

DC

Ulitmate Spider-Man, New X-Men, Mark Waid FF, Marvel Knights, Bendis Daredevil...

Marvel was good up until about Civil War

I've always been a little more into Marvel than DC, so even now I am reading more Marvel stuff even though I've read a bunch of the DC Rebirth stuff and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Each of the publishers, including Image and Archie and Dark Horse, IDW, whatever, are always going to have some quality series and a bunch of shit as well, and the ratios will change over time as management changes and creators move around and just the randomness of the universe. So where it comes from doesn't really bother me. I just want to find the quality stuff regardless of the source.

That said, when it comes to universes, I still think Marvel has a more interesting history and when they take advantage of that history, either for comedy or for plot or just gravitas, you get some really amazing stories. People are struggling to find Marvel comics they like today, but it was only last year that Hickman's incredible almost decade long stint at Marvel ended, comics that looked deep into the Marvel universe and weaved it into great comic after great comic.

Fantastic Four and Uncanny X-Men stories are still being referenced today (often in superficial or repetitive ways, but also sometimes to make the story stronger, and those are the comics I want to read more of). I don't really get that feeling from DC.

Thing is, neither of these universes are very coherent when you look too closely, or from too far away, but the Marvel canon gives me more confidence that great stories can be build from it, if Marvel are using it effectively.

DC has the better book currently and the only good thing about Marvel right now is their movies

DC is the superior company.

Their universe is also has a lot more depth to it but is a lot less convoluted than Marvels, since their continuity makes a lot more sense.

I liked Dark Reign. But after that it feel apart.

And yet they seem to have no trouble announcing new events not even halfway through their current ones.

I like Marvel, but I won't deny they pump out events like a factory as well as tie-in issues. And even then, the events get pushed back and end up being garbage because of it.

DC because Sup Forums is contrarian to what's popular

Don't bother with either.

Can you give me a publisher for "retarded virgin autist" please?

>Their universe is also has a lot more depth to it but is a lot less convoluted than Marvels, since their continuity makes a lot more sense.

Is this meant to be ironical?

>There will never be a company war between Fantagraphics and Drawn and Quarterly

IDW, publisher of all your favorite tie-in comics

I would say the book making the best use of Marvel history coming out today is Uncanny Avengers. They're just pretty straightforward fight the baddy stories with a sense of humor, but they know how to put a good spin on the classic Avengers situations and make you feel those twists.

People might also point to The Ultimates for more cosmic stuff, though I really do not like the writing or the art in that series.

>DC
>Less convoluted
Post Nu-52 maybe. Even then it's still kind of fucked.

No, it's because one is publishing good comics and the other isn't.

inb4 epic Sup Forums doesn't read comics meme

No? With DC you have unbroken continuities until a Crisis. DC does all their retcons all at once, so the only thing you need to remember is the state of things before and after the Crisis.

With Marvel retcons are constant and scattered, so Frank is a Vietnam vet until he's a Desert Storm vet and Magneto is still a WW2 survivor. They even did their own Crisis-style continuity fixes with OMD and Secret Wars but didn't actually fix anything.

Really the only thing that makes DC "harder to get" is if you don't actually read DC.

DC.
I don't even bother with Marvel anymore.

But there wasn't anything to be fixed that's THAT big of a deal. Frank war history was moved up because they'd be ancient by now. OMD wasn't that huge of a retcon. It was pretty much isolated to spider-man, save everyone forgetting he's Peter.

Mean while, DC'S crisis completely screw up continuity that was already established, even after fixing fuck ups. Look at Nu52. Hal Jordan was still Parallax and Coast city blew up, even though that couldn't of happened because Cyborg Superman as we know him didn't exist. Batman had 3 Robins in 4-5 is years? So then what's Grayson's deal?

Also, there are various Clack Kents with varying stories and powers that we all at one point "the main" super man. You can see that now with Pre-Sups in Nu52.

Marvel hasn't had anything even close to this. Sure, there will be different people who pick up the mantle, but the continuity for the most part makes since. Marvel has never had a true reboot/restructuring of its heroes. Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, and Hank Pym have always been the founding avengers. Unlike DC where there are mutiple founding JLAs.

I'm not going to say Marvel's continuity is perfect, but DC has never needed an editorial mandated Crisis. Secret Wars was the closest we got and nothing really changed save Miles Morales who's origin makes no since now.

Skip both and jump into the Mignolaverse

So you don't read DC.

Yeah if you want a universe, this is the one. Because it's actually unified.

>Alternatively, which universe would be better to get into first

The real one.

You know they're just better.

When I was a kid I was all about Marvel. Wasn't interested in DC at all. As I grew up, found myself reading more and more DC books and Marvel just got less interesting. There days I barely look at Marvel stuff anymore. Find so little of it interesting and they seem to be purposely sabotaging characters at this point.

If we're counting animated movies (and I am) then it's DC for both.

Where do I start with that?

DC cares about comics and DC has Green Lantern and Superman.

Gotta stick with the boys in blue.

I love Gleason a lot. But am I the only one who is kinda iffy on his art in Superman. I think he works better with heavier shading and more mute colors.

I love DC will all my heart.

Marvel has become a cesspool and I will no long spend a dime on any of there comics.

No, get into characters.