Starts out as a cowardly stormtrooper with a sense of morality

>Starts out as a cowardly stormtrooper with a sense of morality
>Is built throughout the movie as potentially being able to use the force
>Every trailer shows the scene where he gets ready to fight Kylo Ren
>He jobs in under a minute so they can reveal the big twist that Rey was the main character all along
>Next movie will have Finn reduced to the token comedic relief black guy
Really dropped the ball here, Disney

Finn is an infinitely better character than Mary Sue. I'd be fine having him as the main character tbqh

he is still a main protanogist in TLJ along with Rey and Ren.

>show him become cowardly and disgusted after 10 seconds of combat

>Mercilessly guns down his former comrades 10 minutes later

wtf was that about

The only way they can redeem Rey and Ren for me is if Rey goes dark and Ren goes light

It was a different time

How much screentime do we think /bestboy/ will have in TLJ?

The character is better. Potentially at least. Poor casting tho.

BB-8 will probably be around for half the movie.

>Next movie will have Finn reduced to the token comedic relief black guy
Next movie? he already was in VII and he was obnoxious and cliche
no adult would pay to see more of this

>no adult would pay to see more of this
And yet hundreds of thousands of normalfag adults will. Stay mad, autismo.

>niggers
>Jedi
Mace dindu was already a khang

The question is do you think he's gonna survive the trilogy for the next one?

>No adult would pay to see more of this
You seriously underestimate the Star-Wars fanbase

>Stay mad, autismo.

Boyega is decent and he and Isaacs were the best part about the film

>implying BB-8 wasn't the best part of the film
Take it back..

Although I'm not a fan of Rey I'm glad Finn wasn't able to do much against Kylo. Him fighting against him was the best part of the movie

The Star Wars galaxy is a perfect galaxy where gays and racism don't exist

>Is built throughout the movie as potentially being able to use the force
At what point is this even implied? The film builds up that Rey can use the force, the marketing just built up Finn to make the actual dynamic of the characters a surprise.

People need to stop assuming because Rey is the main character, Finn can't also be a main character. You wouldn't say "han solo isn't a big enough character" about the originals.

He's decent with a lightsaber, and only Jedi can use lightsabers

>and only Jedi can use lightsabers

yeah i thought he was an affirmative action hire but holy fuck he was a million times better than that lady who is a better pilot and mechanic for the millenium falcon than han, better mind-tricker than obi-wan, and better lightsaber duelist than luke.

>jobs
Jobbing and losing are not the same thing, user.

What is The Empire Strikes Back?

>who is a better pilot and mechanic for the millenium falcon than han, better mind-tricker than obi-wan
This is all valid and was fucking retarded in the film.
>and better lightsaber duelist than luke.
This I can kind of excuse since it's implied she had to fight off thugs most of her life while living on Jewkew with her staff.

>Prefers a negro to a white woman

they focused so hard on making the female character strong and independent,
they left the black guy as the side-kick

Black stars do very poorly overseas, and Disney knows that's where the money is.

NuWars is so based.

Yeah also Hollywood got A LOT better with hand to hand and sword fight choreography. Anything today will look better than what Lucas and CO did in the 80s.

Then how come I couldn't use this until I became a Jedi?

Funny thing is, even though he was removed from the posters in china, he's one of the favorite characters there.

Because the people you are replying to are idiots that think using a lightsaber as a makeshift butcher knife is the same as using it as a weapon without hurting yourself.

Could you even get one before becoming a jedi

>moving the goalposts
user only said "using" not "using as a weapon", but no, go ahead and samefag yourself to pretend like you didn't get BTFO

This. I was excited for the movie when we were all assuming he was the next Jedi.
The problem with Daisy Ridley is that she looks like a 90lb ballerina trying to wave a sword around. Scratch that. A ballerina would still be somewhat athletic and could demonstrate strength and poise. Daisy Ridley looks like a girl (or boy) who never played sports - like Obama throwing a baseball.
You want a female Jedi? OK. But how about choosing an actress who looks like she could do a push-up? I don't mean butch. It didn't have to be Rhonda Rousey. But they chose someone who has the frame of a 90's supermodel in a heroin chic photo shoot. Overacting most of her scenes just makes things worse.

This aside, she's not the main reason TFA was shit. She doesn't even make the top 5. I won't be paying to see what happens next. Star Wars ended with RotJ for me.

He was clearly implying use as a weapon, the discussion was about a duel and Finn only uses it as a weapon in the movie.

>Star Wars ended with RotJ for me.
Carefull, you'll trigger the contrarians who'll scream about prequels being masterpieces. Ever since TFA was released, they started popping up like worms after a rain, repeating their rehearsed lines
>Oh, you're getting your opinions from youtube videos? PLEB
>You don't like the prequels? CLEARLY, YOU ARE A BLM SJW KEK WHO LOVED TFA, ENJOY SUCKING DISNEY COCK

Did you really expect them to let a male upstage their new Disney princess?

That is not true. But Finn is supposed to be some sort of weapons expert even though they never mention it in the movie.

this

sauce. nao

I say this because Rey seems too much of an impatient bitch to be a Jedi, and Ren seems too much of a submissive pussy to be a sith

>Finn is an infinitely better character than Mary Sue. I'd be fine having him as the main character tbqh

FN-2187 would certainly have been a better main protagonist compared to Rey, but that's not saying much. His was actually a pretty bland character, all things considered. Boyega may have played the role given to him as well as he could, but the writers really dropped the ball with his character.
A brainwashed child soldier breaking his conditioning and defecting to his former enemy has A Ton of potential. Easily enough to carry a movie.
>Finn strikes out on his own, but with military discipline being the only thing he's ever known, he struggles to cope with life on the outside
>He has to develop his own moral compass, since he's only ever followed and given orders. What he adopts is an imperfect blend of what he was raised under (harsh absolutism) and what he aspires to be, as the antithesis of the First Order (non-violence and defense of the helpless).
>Maybe his unique ideology leads him to Luke, who offers the Jedi teachings as a more nuanced philosophy. Despite not being a Force user, Finn finds them helpful and incorporates them into his own way.
>In his struggle to find purpose outside the goal driven military, Finn seeks to lead his former comrades away from brainwashed service to the tyranical First Order. This causes him to fall in with the Rebellion (something he initially did not intend).
>Among the Rebellion, he finds the structure and direction he lacked after leaving the First Order. Except the other Rebels/Resistance members are sceptical of his loyalties, especially since he refuses to use leathal force against his former comrades.
>When he faces Phasma, he doesn't mock her. In their confrontation, they are both pleading with the other. To Phasma, Finn is her greatest failure. The only way to resolve it is for him to return to the fold. For Finn, Phasma is his mentor, someone he trusts and respects. He wants to save her, not kill her.

He was trained in melee combat in the same unit as the guy that yells "traitor".

I feel like all but two of these points were shit that actually happened in the movie.