Any Marvel Readers out there? How relevant is Blade in the Marvel Universe now...

Any Marvel Readers out there? How relevant is Blade in the Marvel Universe now? I haven't seen him come up in anything for almost the past 8 years

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2015/11/06/dont-expect-that-blade-comic-book-for-a-while/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's been busy trying to ice skate uphill.

The last thing I remember him in was Deadpools marriage arc

>The last thing I remember him in was Deadpools marriage arc

No he wasn't

The last time I remember him having his own comic was back in the Bush years, the one set in post-Hurricane-Katrina New Orleans.

There was going to be a new comic written by Tim Seeley about him and his teenage daughter travelling and training her to take on the family business, but it was prematurely cancelled. The scuttlebutt is that Marvel got antsy because of the fuss people made about a white male writing a black girl, despite the fact Hack/Slash proved he would've been PERFECT for that title.

Was there something more recent than that?

He's popped up here and there.

>Potentially interesting, unique premise.
>Shut down due to racial profiling

Last time I saw him was mighty avengers

So how common are vampires in the Marvel Universe anyway? I never really saw Blade meshing well the rest of the material but feel free to correct me

His daughter was supposed to get a solo series where he makes an appearance. The comic is pulled right now but it still might come out. bleedingcool.com/2015/11/06/dont-expect-that-blade-comic-book-for-a-while/

BOOP

>Vampire Hunter
>AND SHE'S RAISING THE STAKES.
Groan.

That comic is never going to come out.

Last saw him in Mighty Avengers. That was, what, a year ago?

Count Dracula plays a pretty significant role.

Started sometime during Superior Spider-Man, seems like it ended before Secret Wars. I remember he was there at the start but I have no idea how long he stuck around for.

why the fuck do i still bother reading comics at this point if all this PC shit affects it

>white male writing a black girl
So is Bendis not allowed to right Riri anymore?
Sigh.

Seeley is DC exclusive so nope, it won't come out.

>another bait and switch where they keep the character's name and give it to someone else

I'm glad this comic never happened and thank god DC grew out of that phase too. But a black Power Girl would've been great if they gave her some actual tits.

Literally nobody writing comics gets what made the first movie so good. Blade was an underground guerrilla soldier fighting against the vampire Illuminati, slowly taking down their infrastructure one night club at a time and thriving off of what he could salvage from the corpses of his victims

They could honestly make that a comic now. Evil illuminaties are easy to make plausible and it could be distanced from the rest of the Marvel U with the exception of a hero or villain or two that actually fit the narrative.

The twist is that Blade's director was also a writer with Johns on his fantastic JSA run. Now he's public enemy #1.

Vamps aren't exactly common but pic related is a recent enough story arc where they try to take over San Francisco. Worth checking out.

>white man isn't allowed to write about black girls

I feel like this is either a lie, or anomalous as a reason. If this was adopted as a blanket rule, avatar would never have been a thing.

Modern comics can't resist crossovers and big events. If Blade actually got a successful comic and became popular he'd probably end up joining the avengers and teaming up with spiderman.

He was in Ewing's Mighty Avengers. He was going to have an ongoing in ANAD where he trained his daughter in the art of vampire hunting. Dad Jokes Blade with a Big Katana by Tim Seeley sounded fun.

But then the artist fell through causing delays, then the book was just quietly cancelled and never came out. Months later they said they had found a new artist and announced who it was going to be, but then they went silent again and I think Seeley has signed an exclusive since then.

He probably would have showed up in Howling Commandos but then that got cancelled real quick.

The reason it got delayed was because of the artist falling through. Rumor being that he was someone pulled from the internet and completely failed to meet any kinds of deadlines. So the book was shelved until they found a new artist, but the scuttlebutt about "all-white male creative team" lead them to wanting to make sure they found a black woman to do the art at least. By the time they did, Seeley had lost all interest in returning and the low retailer interest in the first place led to it just getting shelved.

So there is some truth to the PC shit potentially causing it to get shelved indefinitely, but what caused the initial delays that killed it was just the original artist being unable to handle cape comics.

>joining the avengers and teaming up with spiderman
Already happened in Ewing's Mighty Avengers not that long ago.

How could a white male not know how to write a black female? We literally owned them as possessions for centuries. This is like saying a white man couldn't write a story about a dog or cat.

The most recent OML had a miniarc where Dracula mind controlled every vampire in the world to take over, and Logan went there to rescue Jubilee, with STAKE's help.

It lasted all of two issues, so it felt like some filler shit.

It got canceled because it was a shitty idea. The Punisher and Blade should not have children. They're not Batman.

They've been working on a thing for awhile, he'll show.

>Any Marvel Readers out there?
For their sake, I hope not.

>If this was adopted as a blanket rule, avatar would never have been a thing.
...as in, Avatar the Last Airbender? Because a Nickelodeon cartoon from the late oughties and a Marvel comic in 2016 are totally comparable.

Since vampires became dated you don't see much of the Nightstalkers anymore.

He admits on the commentary that his contributions were basically a script outline with lots of "And then they fight." The director and producer/star Wesley Snipes made up most of it as they went along.

I miss Wesley Snipes blade, is he still in decent shape? He should be in a Marvel cinematic universe movie, I don't care if he's crazy he can beat up Robert Downey Jr. or whatever so long as he kills some vampires and makes a pun.
that sounds fucking terrible

They just hurled Dracula into the sun and nobody bothered to invite Blade.

>They just hurled Dracula's head into the sun

FTFY.

It felt like a pretty pointless arc, desu.

He has a clone running around anyway so even if they absolutely positively kill him it doesn't god damn matter.

Although Marvel would probably bullshit magic him back before they remember they left his clone undead.

That's got to suck, imagine if Blade spends like 10 years tracking down Dracula and then gets to an empty coffin and some random petty vampire has to explain that Dracula died years ago because the Hulk threw him into the sun.

>That's got to suck
The story of his life

It was actually Cerebra, which is worse.

>the third most impressive robot X-men
Wow

>The Punisher... should not have children.

Don't mind me, just the superior Blade passing through.