Why did kubrick bullied her ?

why did kubrick bullied her ?

to keep her in a constant state of stress so that her pain and emotional turmoil on screen was completely convincing.

shelley was a qt even in the shining

"A director can't get anything out of an actor that he doesn't already have. You can't start an acting school in the middle of making a film." ~ Stanley Kubrick
what a hyp

Or maybe he was just being a dick.

Fpbp

Don't be such a pussy Shelley

because shes a shitty actress who couldn't perform unless directed properly

He and Jack really looked like some nasty creeps tbqh

that too. but ya know, I watched the making of The Shining and I have to say i found her completely annoying. maybe he just didn't like the bitch.

Because she was on so much coke that her early takes of any shot were unusable. This was true to a lesser extent of Nicholson as well, but he dealt better emotionally with it and understood why Kubrick was doing it. This has been tacitly acknowledged in recent years, but Kubrick was discreet enough to let it remain silent and get painted as a tyrant instead.

A CUTE

any source for this?

>ooooh noes stop bullying my talentless hacks playing pretend

Not to hand, but it's true.

I love Hollywood so much

>talentless hacks playing pretend

NO NO

lol how is he pol for saying that

It would be nice to know that Kubrick kind of had to do tons of takes because of coke, but without a source I can't help but feel like you pulled it out of your anus

Look it up or it is on the DVD version. Shelley held up the production with a fake act of being sick. Apparently she is jealous of Nicholson's respect level compared to hers from Kubie and crew.. Jack being Jack and probably a professional dude, realized the crew's importance. Duvall came on with every ounce and more of an ego, that ugly women let turn into a monster because it's starved to death.

Sup Forumstards unanimously believe that acting is just playing pretend, since they're so culturally illiterate they think that's all it amounts to.

>tells someone to go to Sup Forums for having an opinion they don't like
>it's not even slightly political

>>>/reddit/

She had it on set, just out of shot. He always did tons of takes, but it took longer with her because she was visibly affected by coke.

there's probably more than one reason why Kubrick was so harsh towards her. He probably didn't know much about her except from Robert Altman films. She obviously had that mousey awkward look he wanted for the part. If you watch the documentary about the movie, you can clearly see that she was a fucking drama queen and argued with Kubrick more than he was willing to tolerate. My guess would be he didn't think she had the proper focus and had to apply extra pressure on her to get the performance he wanted.

Also she was on a ton of coke.

She got ugly because she's a schizophrenic with borderline personality disorder. She was also a drug addict and hospitalized like 10 times, which is why no one remembers her in anything except the shining.

>no one remembers her in anything except the shining

18+

One would think that maybe a little unreasonable pressure was applied to get her to quit. It's an ugly thing to have mutual dislike of employee and boss. Sticking it out, so as to not ruin her career was probably forced on her by handlers.

By rubbing her to the bone, he might have found the emotion he wanted. I can't say what he was thinking , but beyond being that special "Hollywood ugly", she has never impressed me in anything.

The emotions we see are something she could never muster normally.

I always thought her performance in The Shining was the best thing she ever did. Everytime I watch that movie I can completely believe her emotions and she gives a convincing performance of someone who is in fear for their life. As for Kubrick trying to get her to quit, I'm not so sure he would do that. If Kubrick didn't want her i'm pretty sure he would have just fired her ass. He had no problems with cutting Harvey Keitel and Jennifer Jason Leigh from Eyes Wide Shut and that set the shoot back almost a year. I think she had what he wanted but she was out of control and he had to apply a tight grip on her to get her to the level of "controlled" hysteria he wanted.

Well the dude is supposedly smarter than most. He personally psychologically abused the actor, that he hired to play a psychologically abused character.

Bravo Nolan

Also she is never a stronk woman in the Shining. She runs around like fucking Don Knots with tits reacting to scares. Her only real role is to drive the snow cat.

Is Kubrick saying "Hitler did nothing wrong" something he actually said or is it just something one of his friends claimed he said, with no concrete evidence of him actually saying it?

I didn't know Stephen King posted on Sup Forums. Hey steve whats up with that orgy scene in IT you big pedo

Holy fucking shit.

Stfu or I'll pee in your butt.

to assert himself as the allpha as to more easily fuck her

Any nudes?

Ever see that Vietnam pic of a naked kid running down the road? Put Steve Buscemi'a head on that and you have a, 98% approximation.

Here's a towel kid... Clean yourself up...

3 Women was awesome

>prime shelly
>NOT wanting to fuck her face and bust all over it

boo nigga

For every pig, there's a pig fucker

uh huh

Why? Could women simply not act back then?

;^)

>orgy scene
They ran a train on her you dumb virgin

why did millie bully him?

>Why? Could women simply not act back always?

Yes

A gangbang is a kind of orgy, idiot.

I also have borderline personality disorder. Feels badman.

cute froggo

Kinda looks like the transformed woman from the tub.

I agree, fellow Sup Forums poster. Only patricians and intellectuals like us can appreciate cinema
you cunt

Is that a trap?

They don't, and I love Altman's stuff like Nashville and 3 Women

Watched The Shining the other day and she was pretty cute even though she has big teeth.

What else should I watch with her in it?

Well?

>anything that doesn't agree with my opinon is Sup Forums

kill yourself you fucking faggot

I remember her narrating straight-to-tv cinderella story short movie and some other stuff. Lovely voice.