Rapunzel thread

Now that the dust has settled is he the best 3D princess?

I think so!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is the last vestige of classic disney, a holdover from better times, better than the created-for-marketing era? uh yeah I think so.

>he

So... the hair wasn't the only thing that dangled?

Not that big a surprise. To quote Sam from "The Devil's Playhouse":

>"Turns out Lady Godiva was really a dude!"

Short-haired Rapunzel is superior.

The last hurrah of one of their old school animators/directors, Glen Keane.

Best feet, maybe

Confession time, Sup Forums?

I've never seen this movie, but it looks kind of so-so

PUNZIE'S BUNZIES

You should watch it.

>blue eyes
>lavender streaks

That's not Disney's Rapunzel

It's an upgrade

I Wholeheartedly agree. I still like it better than any Disney film since. (Tough Wreck it Ralph, Big hero 6 and Moana where all great.)

Maybe I'm just a sucker for good romance.

I can't even tell if you're trying way to hard, or not trying at all.

What the fuck are you smoking? Frozen, Moana, Tangled, and The Princess and the Frog are all blatantly nostalgic for the 90s (including the POCs lol), and Winnie the Pooh was a love letter to the actual Walt era.

I thought BH6 was weak.
Tangled > or = Wreck-it Ralph > Zootopia > Power Gap > Moana > Frozen > Big Hero 6 > Power Gap > Bolt > Meet the Robinsons >Mobius Strip Gap > Chicken Little

I believe that user was talking about the "paint by numbers" feel of post-Tangled Disney fairy tale movies.

Maybe before she cut her hair.

>Big hero 6
>great
It was mediocre, user.

This is a common misconception. Fortunately, the truth is easy to explain.

The natural state of Rapunzel is perfection. As such, whatever length and color Rapunzel's hair happens to be at the moment must also be perfect.

If she had mid-length hair or bangs, would it turn black to continue the streak of perfection?

>she will never give you a hair-job
suffering

Well, BH6 was just such a huge improvement over Frozen, in my opinion. I honestly think Frozen is the worst animated Disney film since the Black Cauldron.
pic related, mfw people talk about it as any kind of decent.

I didn't like BH6 because what it was and what it was marketed as were almost 2 completely different things. I went in expecting an ensemble cast and got a boy and his robot. The other characters were there to fill space and be stereotypes/anti-stereotypes. I feel at least Frozen was what it was sold as, and though it had useless parts and was tripping over itself to get to the end, it was still more solidly built story and character-wise than BH6.

Do you think you could explain a bit why you thought Frozen was so bad?

>I honestly think Frozen is the worst animated Disney film since the Black Cauldron

people like you are the worst kind of people

What if she dyed it pink and got a buzz cut?

People forget about Disney's really really bad movies for some reason unless they're actively reminded of them.

>choker
>pink streak
wow what a fucking whore

She should have just re grow her hair and get her powers back

>Not a single remotely likable character imo
>Elsa did nothing, might as well have been a dog or something that ran away
>Anna was annoying as fuck
>Not to mentionOlaf
>songs sucked.

Didn't even see that one

Anyway, you make a good argument agains BH6. Feel free to ignore me and continue discussing Tangled.

I can't completely deny most of these, though I did like/feel for Elsa and Anna as sisters kept apart for so long and Elsa being terrified of herself. The songs one is more about personal tastes though there were really only 2 decent songs, and then the viral one which I didn't think was bad, but didn't get the hype for.

It might just come down to personal taste, I kinda like fairy tale/princess movies a lot. Big Hero 6 just fell so flat. Compared to it's marketing, compared to the previous non-princess movie, Wreck-it Ralph. It just didn't live up in my opinion.

My main problem with Frozen was that it seemed to lack heart, if that makes sense. I felt for the characters, but I didn't really fall in love with them or the story in the same way I did with Tangled. When I left the theater after seeing that I had a huge grin on my face and felt very satisfied. When Frozen ended I felt like "wait, that's the end? Well I guess everything is wrapped up, but it doesn't FEEL right."

Man, Disney really fucked him in production of Tangled.

>Hey Glen scrap what you've got so far, this new film called Shrek came out and everyone loves it! Make it more like that!
>Hey Glen scrap what you have again, Eisner wants it to be a wacky adventure half taking place in Modern San-Francisco and half in oldy times but it makes fun of it
>Hey Glen scrap that again, we're making that into a film called Enchanted. Rapunzle is cancelled
>Hey Glen forget what we said a week ago, but start from scratch again
>Hey Glen sorry you had a heart attack and needed to step down after nearly 14 years helping develop our first successful 3D/CGI animated film, but don't worry, we'll give you a producer credit... but not a director or writer one

It had a princess who sang how cool it is so to have superpowers, girls and women ate it up.

At least his influence was still all over the finished product.

>Zootopia > Power Gap

you furfaggots are really getting out of hand over this one. It was ok.

Not a furry. I just thought it was good. I know it's hard to believe, but you CAN like a movie with talking animals and not be a furry.

I felt tricked when I saw Zootopia. All the guys praising it here made me think it would be a 10/10 when it was just okay.

I can't remember the last time I was beaten over the head by a film's message so hard. And we're talking about children's animated movies. None of them are the slightest bit subtle, and yet Zootopia manages to stand out as by far the most unsubtle of the bunch.

And that's after it was toned down and made more light hearted by Rich Moore.

>I know it's hard to believe, but you CAN like a movie with talking animals and not be a furry.

yeah, when it's the Lion King or something actually good.

Rapunzel is like, beta version of Elsa & Anna.

Yes. I can't believe the people making the movie actually thought the collar idea was good. They have to be brain damaged.

I thought Tangled was just alright. Probably one of the stronger ones from the period, but they all seem somewhat overrated (Frozen, BH6, etc) perhaps because of the low points they were following.

I miss Rapunzel's quiet determination.

>Rapunzel
>Moana
>Pocahontas

what's with all the barefoot ladies not that I'm complaining

Too bad Moana has ugly feet.

APOLOGIZE

leftist user, leftist.
Calhoun experiment proves the more pampered people the more dumber they becomes.
Shame, I really likes that silly world where all mammals evolved simultaneously

Every time I see a Rapunzel thread I get tempted to share my favorite interpretation of the story, a meta-fairy tale where the legend of her long hair is concocted by a princeling and the short-haired waif peasant girl he falls in love with to convince his story-loving king father to let them wed.

Most fuckable Dis Princess since Ariel. In fact, of all time.

Resist the temptation.

>No tits
>Probably a Female (male)
>Uncanny face
>Hair too long
>Kills her stepmother who takes care of her for 18 years
>Literally doing everything wrong.

Hate me all you want, but Elsa & Anna did not fuck up this much.

Moana is better, but well.... shes brown & underage.

this

>& underage

really now?

Shes 16 and i dont like 16

Rapunzel is literally the perfect waifu, faggot.

that part of the trailer is what made me want to see the movie. so glad there were many feet shots. rapunzel's feet are beautifully modeled

and as a bonus i love how rapunzel says she loves to dig her toes in the grass in the disney magic kingdoms mobile game. twice.

>created-for-marketing era
You mean the 50's?

I watched this for the first time recently. I gotta say, I seriously don't get what was wrong with it other than maybe casting Rosanne as the main character and a few jokes that kind of fell flat. The voice cast was otherwise great, character designs were awesome and had a cool, almost Tex Avery/UPA feel to them, hell the art direction and animation in general was full of life, loads of cartoony action stuff everywhere. It also had an amusing villain, a fucking grandiose minecar chase. No fucking way it worse than Frozen. Fuck it, it's better than the Black Cauldron, I'm going there. Bar the darker art direction, that film was boring as shit. At least Home on The Range is entertaining on some level.

Pfft.

You cant find a fappable animation in tangled, user.

Rapunzel is the only cartoon girl who is close to anime waifu. Well maybe Ariel too.

There's that one shot at the campfire, where she pulls her hair back and gives Flynn a pretty flirtatious look.

Also if you're into feet the reprise of When Will my Life Begin probably does stuff for you.

Please, God, tell me Sakimichan did a topless variant of this one.

destroy all footfags

that movie was going to be amazing, first the feels.
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
then the laughs.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI

It's literally posted in this thread.

Only if you are footfag.

>Sakimichan
I love upside-down dicks on my yaoi.

It must be a sad world to live in for anyone who's not

Don't worry about it, user. You can't help those who refuse to be helped. Just enjoy the pretty soles.

Somebody post a gif of when Rapunzel is bound and gagged

I don't have that, but I do have fightpunzel.

I want Rapunzel to give me the chair!

>tfw she sticks the toy in dry.

Both made by Glen Keane, both have sexy feets.

Huh.
Those are pretty good.

The Lion King was the Frozen of it's time. Vastly overrated and nowhere near as good as the movies that preceded it.

Gosh she's adorable!

But the character designs for the main cow trio were pretty hideous. They looked like the spawn of that bull in Picasso's Guernica.

Don't worry my friends
In Sup Forums even telegraph poles get rape
We can fab anything.

Punze is also hot genderbended

he's definitely one of us

Where is Rule 63 Flynn?

I live in fear that someone will make me choose between short-haired brunette Punzie or long-haired blonde Punzie.

Because I can't. :^(

I love those pocket princess things.