Harvey Bullock

>Good cop, bad man
>Bad cop, good man

Which is he?

Fat cop

Batman

Ever notice that his first name is Harvey? It's not a coincidence.

>bullock is a word for testicle
>a dent could be a word for vagina

Mediocre cop, mediocre man.

I think that's actually what makes him a useful addition to the Batman franchise. We see a lot of heroes and a lot of complete monsters. It's good to see a kind of shitty kind of alright person occasionally to show us the general tone of Gotham.

I prefer a Bullock that's essentially a jerk in the native New Yorker mold, and kind of ambivalent about his job. He's not a particularly good cop but he managed to make detective and it's just comfortable enough for him that he'll stay there. He's not dirty but he knows plenty of cops that are the take but he knows plenty of cops that are and if he's on the take, it's just because that's what you've gotta do when you're a cop in Gotham.

In part, he's the nay-sayer, the constant cynic who is around reminding Gordan that working with Batman is a bad idea (even though it isn't) but he's also a flawed person, and he's as flawed as he can be while still being a good cop.

So the former. Good cop, bad man...unless it's Christmas.

Bad cop, bad man. But he'd walk through fire for Gordon.

Just a cop.
Just a man.

Pic looks like sexy squidward.

I like him as an asshole cop, jackass person. The kind of guy on the force who isn't dirty and will never be dirty, but who knows how to play with discretion and police brutality. He's an asshole and jaded because of how bad the department is and how it'll never get fixed, but he's one of the untouchables when it comes to Gordon's faith in him. Dislikes Batman because the last thing a corrupt police force in a shit hole city needs is for some lunatic in a suit to show up and let crazy become the norm.

A flawed guy with a thick NY accent, who would drive his Landlord to murder by being a slob and a piece of shit human being.

I feel like Gotham really tries to make Bullock like this, but he's too much of an asshole you lose sympathy.

Gotham Central is his best interpretation.

I wish there was some BTAS streaming RIGHT NOW.

He's not a bad cop, he's just jaded. The commentary on the DVD said he's not a crooked cop he's just on edge from putting up with Gotham's never-ending number of lowlives but he resents Batman because he makes him and other cops look bad, despite Harvey working his ass off and risking his life. And technically Bats IS breaking the law with his vigilantism so Bullock was just doing his job trying to arrest him.He does eventually accept Batman and lays off him in later episodes.

I like him actually. He's a pretty well written character and he adds a relatable Average Joe perspective to the story

He's a dirty cop in that he'll lie on the stand to bust a criminal motherfucker for shit he didn't do, or cover up to protect other officers on the force.

I could easily imagine him going full Rodney King on some criminals, if given the chance.

He's a chicken, I tell ya!

>save Harvey
Affleck pls

Is Bullock one of the best characters in the Batman mythos?

he's great in the first episode of TAS. It's clear they wanted to use him more at first, but ultimately he's better in small bits.

I liked the episode with him as focus, thought someone he got arrested was out to get him and now he (reluctantly) needed the Bat's help

It always seemed to me like he was unexpectedly competent at his job.

Amazon prime

This is his coworker. His fellow cop is a qt Latina in a tight little Police Number. Every day he comes into work and sees this. And the thing is she's gay. The Taco Bar is free for ladies, and only ladies. And that wouldn't be so bad but she's a gay widower. So there was a point in time she was into the dick, or atleast thought she was. But he missed that window. Sure it was unlikely even if she was straight but there's just knowing there was that point in time and now it's forever shut. If she was always gay as far as he knew, the sting wouldn't be quite as strong. A half hearted "what a shame" may linger but that'd be it. But no this was dashed hope, smashed dreams, an eternal what if to taunt him til' the end of his days. That would drive any man to become a cruel bitter drunk. Frankly he's a saint for being as decent as he is.

Bullock would never have had a chance with Montoya even if she were straight and also brainwashed by the Mad Hatter.

figuratively.
Now he literally has no chance.

No, he literally never had a chance, unless he lost 150 pounds and then became the next Batman.

Though I suppose he could lose 150 pounds, get a sex change, and become the next Batwoman. Then he'd have a chance with her.

Love him in Gotham (the series). Best friend Gordon could ask. When's the series coming back?.

January.

I drop the TV series at season 2, what happened

>Mediocre cop
Not too sure on that, sure he's bungled a few moments, but there are multiple instances of him reaching the same conclusions as Batman without all the fancy high-tech cave-machinery and sometimes even making it to the final destination before Batman. No, really.

Of course when Batman would ask how he reached his conclusions he'd usually be a total ass about it.

Harvey in Gotham is a much better person than every other iteration I've encountered. He was almost portrayed as an asshole but I guess that didn't go well with test audiences/early reviews or something because they toned it down really really fast. Harvey is now arguably the nicest/most noble character on the show.

I'm not sure. I enjoyed his Gotham Central version but I was missing a lot of the context (I never read No Man's Land or whatever caused him to quit the force). As a standalone interpretation, I really like Earth One.

Being in love with a Lesbian is suffering

Good bad cop, bad good man