Give me a rundown Sup Forums. is this any good?

give me a rundown Sup Forums. is this any good?

Yes it is good

I remember walking away fascinated but not really scared. It’s well-structured and exceedingly brutal, and plays with your expectations in fun ways.

Wasn’t expecting the dude who played Stephen Stills in Scott Pilgrim to get GOT the way he did. That was pretty baller.

Top 5 flick imo. Not for everyone, but unpretentious and well-put together

Bit slow but when it hits it hits hard. The characters suffer from autism however but you don't have to worry about that too much.

If Picard wasn't in it no one would watch it.

It's just a straight-up thriller, so don't go in expecting anything deep or profound. But yes, it's very good. Really suspenseful, the acting is good all around, and everything plays out in a way that seems (and looks) pretty realistic.

Are there any other movies similar to this style? A group of people who have to survive a night in an old building?

It's an alright flick, doesn't really match the high marks of horror like movies; such as, Exorcist, Psycho, or Night of the Living Dead.

Assault on Precinct 13, which also rules (even the remake was watchable)

seen it but forgot everything that happens in it

I'm sure it's good lol

If tumblr made a horror film this would be it.

Would you consider this a horror movie at all? It's just an exceptionally gory thriller/action film

it was marketed like a horror movie, and there are some slasher-ish elements
for me it fits into the John Carpenter action/horror niche

Got this for free on DVD by answering trivia at a local movie screening. Pretty straight forward film, not gonna make you think. Definitely watchable.

Super hyped when I saw the trailer. A little sad when I realized how short it felt.

Also don't know how I feel about Poots in this her acting felt a bit forced imo

really? I like it when movies like this clock out at 90 minutes or so. might not have been able to keep up the tension otherwise

agreed about poots, seemed like a lot of her energy went into doing an american accent

I was really impressed with the lead actor's performance (forgot his name). Really disappointing he passed away, I thought he had a bright future ahead of him.

really? that's what i assumed
bummer

Really boring movie... Sup Forums make me watch this site...

Nah, I doubt that user even saw it. The "nazis" could be re-written as any kind of gang and the movie wouldn't change. Their motivation is to cover up a murder and hide a drug-dealing operation, racism and anti-semitism don't factor in at all. Several of the main characters are played by Jewish actors and, if memory serves, this isn't even mentioned in dialogue

sadly this. it's a good made-for-tv flick, nothing spectacular

>The "nazis" could be re-written as any kind of gang and the movie wouldn't change.
It fits the characters well though. That the kind of gang a shitty punk band would run into. qte

It's great.

But they got to play “Nazi Punks Fuck Off”

>this shit again
Getting real sick of not being able to post Green Room in horror threads because shitters like you want jumpscares and monsters.

the people behind this movie have definitely been to some shitty punk shows
the details of the venue, crowd, etc. were dead on

>who are Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots, and Alia Shawkat

it's not a horror movie. it's just an action drama.

I liked it too, I thought it gave the movie a strong sense of local color. I liked the skinhead details like the "red-laces," the guy giving his dog commands in German, shit like that. I'm just saying it's not a political movie or a "tumblr fantasy" or whatever. They could just as easily be a biker gang, or they could all be black, and the plot would play out the same

see dubs of truth do not lie

>and Alia Shawkat
literal who and the other two aren't much better to most people

i will never kiss anton yelchin again ;_;

>Members (Anton Yelchin, Alia Shawkat) of a punk-rock band and a tough young woman (Imogen Poots) battle murderous white supremacists at a remote Oregon roadhouse.

I didn't know he was in it when I first watched it, I just liked the premise

Jesus, that makes it sound like a completely different movie.

If tumblr wrote this movie, the band would all be trans and they would all have gotten out alive and would have never collaborated with Imogen Poots' character.

The poster already looks faggy enough to turn non-faggots away.

Hidden is similar..
Also, Blue Ruin is made by the same director, although not people trapped in the building..but still great and similar in some ways

Its retarded overrated here but any oldfag has seen this standard viral marketing fare with every mildly successful indie film. VHS, It Follows, Cabin in the Woods, I think even the Evil Dead remake for a while all got meme'd from here to the moon and back even for a few months after they had already come out on physical formats. A lot of people get taken for a ride by it and start spouting on about how great a mediocre amateur hour feature like Cabin in the Woods is just to fit in.

Pasta potential

Why don't you just fucking watch it, faggot?

>again

Story time?

Did you just selectively ignore all the praise above and look for the first negative words against it?

Scarier than most horror movies because it seems like the kind of story you could read about in the papers. PUNK BAND SLAIN BY NEO NAZIS IN BIZARRE HOSTAGE SITUATION

OP made both of those posts lad. I doubt there's two barely literate retards in one thread.

why don't you just fuckin WATCH IT.

>it seems like the kind of story you could read about in the papers

Because it would be totally fabricated?

not really the kind to "kiss and tell" but i'm in the mood so if you must know ...

saw him at a restaurant and naturally i stared. he kept glancing at me and i thought it was because he was creeped out by my staring so i stopped staring at him. i was surprised when suddenly he was standing next to me. i thought he was angry at my staring at him and he's going to yell or something. but he smiled at me. to make a long story less long, we went to his room and had the hottest most orgasmic gay sex i've ever had. and then i woke up. best wet dream ever.

The Belko Experiment
the building isn't old though

Yes. It's very well-done.

>The Belko Experiment
was pleasantly surprised with this one, had some fun moments

Nothing much like Green Room at all. Completely different premise.

don't know why people on imdb shit on it so much. like, what did it do wrong?

I admit I haven't seen green room but "group of people try to survive in building" sounded close enough

i don't base my tastes upon redditors gushing
>le nazi punks xD
blue ruin was very well made but i'll skip this

>Story time?
He's the front bumper of a newly available, previously owned automobile.

Yes.

recommend me some other violent thrillers in the same vein as green room like blue ruin, eden lake or dont breathe

Kill List is pretty good

Did you find this thread in the catalog? Or was that a lurkers bump?